Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Quidditch Captain by Weasel King Fan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The day of the first match, conditions were perfect. There was just enough cloud coverage and the ground was soft. Harry led his team onto the pitch to tumultuous applause from half of the supporters: they were playing Ravenclaw, and Slytherin certainly wouldn't be cheering for Gryffindor.

"Captains, shake hands," commanded Mamadm Hooch. Harry shook with the Ravenclaw captain, his heart racing. He didn't know why he was so nervouse- he'd played plenty of Quidditch matches before. He supposed it was just the added pressure of being captain.

With a blast from Madam Hooch's whistle, the game began. Harry rose high above the rest of the game looking for the Snitch.

The game went smoothly for some time; the score was 40-40 after fifteen minutes, and Harry only had to remind Ron once to stay in the center of the hoops. But Harry still hadn't spotted the tiny fluttering Snitch.

Suddenly, Harry heard a scream. He looked down and, to his horror, saw Ginny falling fast towards the ground, her broom tumbling after her. He was flat on his Firebolt, urging it forward, diving to catch her. However, since he had been so high up looking for the Snitch, he was just too far away. Ginny hit the ground with a crack.

Harry landed next to her, perfectly aware that the match was still in progress above him. He knealt beside Ginny, who was crying and her leg was sticking out at an odd angle.

"Ginny, what happened?" asked Harry.

"I crashed with a Ravenclaw Chaser! My leg, I think it's broken!" cried Ginny. By this time Ron had appeared beside her as well, his face white with a look of fright. Harry signaled a time out, and the shrill blast of Madam Hooch's whistle could be heard.

When it was determined that Ginny could no longer continue playing, the game was postponed and Ginny was taken up to the hospital wing in a stretcher. The only one permitted to go along was Ron, who was shaking slightly and who was still pale. Ginny had also asked for Harry, but Madam Pomfrey would not allow it. She was only letting Ron because he was Ginny's brother.

An hour later, Ron reported back to the Gryffindor Coomon Room with news that Ginny would be in the hospital for a few days. According to Ron, her leg was broken in two places, and it would take Madam Pomfrey and a lot of potion a few days to heal it.

Ron sat down in an armchair by the fire looking miserable. Hermione went over to comfort him.

"She'll be alright, Ron, don't worry," she said, "Look, tomorrow's Hogsmeade, we could get her a get-well present." This seemed to cheer Ron up a bit, at least enough to beat Harry spectacualarly at Wizard chess.

A/N: I know it says in QTTA that if a player is injured, the game will continue, but I thought that they would be a bit more sympathetic at Hogwarts to injured students. ;)