Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Quidditch Captain by Weasel King Fan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In Hogsmeade the next day, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all pitched in to buy a heaping bag of Honeydukes sweets for Ginny. When they returned, they went straight to the hospital wing to give it to her. They found her lying in bed stubbornly refusing a steaming potion from Madam Pomfrey. Their arrival seemed to brighten her up, however. She even took her potion.

"It's dead boring in here, I've got nothing to do," she complained while the four shared the Honeydukes candy. They were gathered around her bed, Ron strategically seated next to the sweets, Harry up near Ginny's head, stroking her soft ginger hair. "I've even done all my homework and counted all the stripes on these pajamas."

"Sorry I couldn’t catch you," said Harry. His hand moved to her cheek.

"Oh, it wasn't your fault, it was that bloody Ravenclaw Chaser. I think he did it on purpose."

"Well, at least you'll be well before the next match," said Hermione.

"Yeah, Madam Pomfrey's a miracle worker. Too bad she doesn't really like visitors," said Ginny, in an undertone because Madam Pomfrey was casting a suspicious eye in their direction.

Ron hadn't said anything the whole time. He was staring at Harry with an odd expression on his face.

"Ron, what's the matter?" asked Ginny, gripping Harry's hand.

Ron pulled his eyes away from Harry and said, "Nothing. Not a thing. We should go. Lots of homework, you know." And he got up and left the ward. Hermione stared worriedly after him.

"I should go see what's wrong." She, too, left.

"Maybe you should go to," said Ginny.

"Do you want me to?" said Harry.

"Well, no...." Her voice trailed off. "But I'm worried about Ron, and he's your best mate. Plus, I think I know what's the matter. You really should go talk to him, you know."

"Yeah, I've got a hunch myself." said Harry thoughtfully. "I'll see you tomorrow, Gin." He gave her hand one last squeeze and left.

***************************************************

When Harry got back to the common room, Ron was sitting talking to Hermione; Hermione was listening intently as Ron was apparently spilling his heart. As he talked, Hermione put a hand on his knee. Harry went over to them, which caused them to stop abruptly.

"Ron, I think you should talk to Harry," said Hermione gently. Ron sighed, then nodded and Hermione got up and headed towards the girls' dorms. Harry sat down opposite Ron.

"Is this about Ginny?" he asked. "Because we're not dating or anything."

"I know, I know," said Ron. "But I see you and Ginny together and you've got this sort of...I dunno, bond. Like and unspoken vow to be like that. And I'm just amazed, you're so good about it, so good with her, with girls. And I can't even figure out how to...how to even tell..." He trailed off.

"Who?” prompted Harry. "Go on!"

"How to even tell Hermione that I like her."

Harry was stunned. Ron liked Hermione? But they were always bickering. This was just too hard to believe. It had never even crossed Harry's mind.

"I suppose you just have to do it, mate. Just tell her."

"Yeah..." said Ron. "I'll just do it. I mean, how bad can it be? Yeah," he said again. "Well, night Harry."

"Er, night."