Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Roses Of Yesterday by Raven_Stag

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: For time's sake, I don't own Harry Potter.

Pictures played through his mind, of lost dreams and forgotten friends. Like a slide show with no end, it continued on, only to stop, some what unexpectedly, at a memory not exactly profound, nor terribly special, yet which managed to provoke a tear from the would be watcher.

It was seventh year, and he, Harry, had managed to lay himself up in hospital yet again, and within two days of Christmas break no less. As the Weasleys had planed a trip to visit Charlie in Romania, Hermione had invited him to her house for the holidays. Now, due to injury, Harry couldn’t travel. Hermione wrote her parents explaining the situation and requesting permission to stay at Hogwarts.

“But Hermione, you don’t see your parents enough as it is!”

“Harry Potter, I refuse to leave you all a lone in this castle for Christmas!”

“I can manage,” she gave him a look, “really I can.”

“I’m staying and that’s final!” It was final too, and though Harry didn’t like to admit it, he was glad to have her with him. Every day they ate breakfast together, then play a game or talk for a bit. By the third day, they were both bored out of their minds. It was then that Hermione decided to learn French, and since Harry was unable to leave the area in which she chose to study, namely his hospital bed, he, though somewhat grudgingly, learned to speak French as well.

On Christmas Eve Harry woke from a sound sleep. Wondering what had woken him, he opened his eyes to see the warm, caring eyes of Hermione Granger looking down at him.

“Hermione, what the”“

She put a finger to her lips, “Shhh…I just wanted to give you an early Christmas present.” From her robe, she pulled out a long thin package. “It’s not what you think.” She leaned down and kissed him. It lasted a second, no more, but it took his breath a way all the same. “Night Harry.” And she was gone, like waif in the night, leaving no trace of her former presence there but a long thin package on the nightstand.


It was four years later and neither had yet brought up the kiss, nor the package. In fact, it seemed as though the only time they had met in the years since leaving Hogwarts was Ron and Luna’s wedding and that was year ago at least. That couldn’t be right could it? Yet it was.

A/N: I relize how short this is, but it is only a prologue, so they'll be longer in future.