Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Roses Of Yesterday by Raven_Stag

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Luna Weasley, formerly Lovegood, sat at her desk in the front parlor. The room was fairly comfortable, carpeted in a creamy yellow that matched the walls. The drapes that hung at the full-length windows were light sky blue and rustled slightly with the breeze. The sofa and chairs sported a floral print and everything about the room suggested a cozy country cottage.

Luna, in her baggy jeans and t-shirt, seemed completely oblivious to her surroundings. Her hair was swept up in a clip with her wand sticking out of the whole ensemble at an awkward angle, from time to time a piece of hair would fall out and she would quickly brush it back behind her ear.

Presently she rose and began to pace. “Those jerks in accounting!” she fumed to herself, “Just because the idiots don’t agree with our aims does not give them the right to completely disregard our request for the funding of the next pamphlet. But just wait, we’ll get our due!” Luna smiled to herself, she couldn’t wait to see Hermione get on their ass, she had a knack of always getting the necessary funding, if not more. They wouldn’t know what hit them.

“Pop.” Luna looked up to see Harry Potter lounging on her sofa. They greeted each other. She had quite quickly become accustomed to Harry’s random and usually unexplained visits. She went to the doorway and yelled out “Ron, he’s here!”

From the hallway they heard a loud crash and a series of yelps. It sounded to Harry as though Ron had fallen down the stairs. Luna just rolled her eyes in an exasperated manor; he never seemed to take into account that there was still six months to go before the baby would be born.

Ron ran into the room, panting and heaving a large suitcase. He grabbed her arm and attempted to continue running, but Luna held her ground and pulled him to a stop. “Harry is here, Ron, not the baby, honestly.”

“Oh,” said Ron, rather embarrassed, “Ummm…’ello Harry.”

Harry had a hard time suppressing a grin, “Hello. Eager to be a father then, mate?”

“Don’t get me started.” Said Luna, “All he talks about. Oh, while you’re here Harry, we were wondering if you’d mind if we named him Sirius?”

“You might as well, doesn’t look like I’ll be having kids.”

“Oh, you never know.” Said Ron, “How ‘bout Hermione?” Luna looked like she’d love to hit him over the head with a bookend but managed to restrain herself. Ron could be so pig headed sometimes.

“Krum.” In one word Harry managed to suck all the warmth from the room.

“The b”” Ron started but was cut off by a “pop” as Ginny Apparated next to him.

Advancing on Harry she said “Don’t suppose you could explain why my roommate arrived this morning, in tears, wearing boxers and left as soon as she’d changed?!”

“You didn’t let her go?” Harry asked anxiously.

“It wasn’t like I was going to physically stop her!”

“What is going on?” Interjected Ron and Luna at the same. Immediately Harry and Ginny began talking at once, Ginny pointing threateningly at Harry.

“Quiet!” shouted Luna. Harry and Ginny fell silent. “Sit!” Everyone sat, “Harry why don’t you begin. I’m going to make some tea.”

She left and Harry began his tale, starting with the phone call and up to their fight. He didn’t not tell them about the ring, which happened to be hanging around his neck, covered by his shirt.

Luna came in with the tea and Ginny began her narrative. “I was working on the proposal for hypogriph rehabilitation, you know the one L?” Luna nodded and Ginny continued, “Well it was around noon and Mione hadn’t come in yet. Suddenly she Apparated right in front of me, wearing boxers.” Here she gave Harry a look, “Tears were streaming down her face and she stormed off to her room. She came back out dressed, grabbed her wand and before I could ask what was wrong she’d Disapparated.”

“Did she say where she was going?” asked Luna.

“Did she have to?” burst out Harry “Isn’t obvious she’s gone after Krum!”

“So” said Ron, “That means””

“That means if she gets hurt it’s all my bloody fault.” Interrupted Harry, getting up and heading for the door.

“Harry wait!”

“Shouldn’t we go to McGonagall?”

“Don’t be so rash!”

At this last statement Harry turned, his anger now in full swing. “Don’t be rash! Don’t be rash!” His voice squeaked. “Is it rash to save the woman you love?! Is it?”

“Love?” said three very shocked voices but he didn’t hear them, he’d already Disapparated.