Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Infamous/Famous Row by Auror81692

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: A/N: This takes place in HBP, sometime after Ron and Lavender break up.

A/N 2: Special thanks to GringottsVault711, who let me borrow an idea of hers mentioned in her story, “Marked to Find Your Way Back.” Read it, it’s really good!
}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{


“Ron, stop, can’t you just leave me alone?” Hermione shouted angrily. “Stop biting my head off about Viktor! It was two years ago for God’s sake!”

“For one thing, I am not biting your head off! For another, we both know Vicky was your boyfriend!” Ron retorted, getting redder around the ears by the second.

It was a typical evening in the Gryffindor common room. Ron and Hermione fighting, girls giggling, and boys struggling through homework assignments; you know, the usual. Harry was out meeting with Professor Dumbledore, so there was nobody around to stop Ron and Hermione from sniping at each other until they reached the inevitable breaking point.

“He was not my boyfriend, Ronald!” Hermione screamed, blanching. “I can’t believe you! You are the most immature person in this school!” She stepped closer to him.

“Oh, ok, I’m immature,” Ron snorted sarcastically, taking a few more steps toward her, so that their bodies were inches apart.

“Yes, you are! You always want me to do your homework for you and you’re always bothering me about Viktor! You are such a git!”

Hermione stared him straight in the eye, trying to stare him down, but, if anything, they pushed their bodies together, unaware that the whole common room was waiting, holding its breath, for what could happen next. Both Ron and Hermione did not notice how close they were, how many people were watching, or how quiet it got so fast.

“Why don’t you admit it, Ron? We all know it! You are jealous of Viktor.” Hermione glared gloatingly at him, but something else flashed in her eyes as she said the word ‘jealous’. Was it hope?

Ron turned maroon, but his voice was very steady when he said, “Why in God’s name would I be jealous of that stupid Bulgarian moron?” As he said this, he moved his face closer to hers.

“I’m not sure, Ron, why don’t you tell me?” Hermione asked, narrowing her eyes at him and closing in on him. Their faces were not even an inch apart.

Ron froze with terror. Should I tell her? he questioned himself. No. No, I can’t tell her, it’s too risky…but I could show her…

“Well, Ron? I’m wait”” Hermione began, but she never finished. Ron had closed the gap between them and kissed her softly on the lips.

The common room, which had been so quiet up until now, burst in applause, wolf whistles, and laughter. Ron and Hermione abruptly broke apart. They blushed and looked away from each other.

Hermione’s heart was bursting with joy. Ron had kissed her! Finally! After so many long years, she had been granted her wish. Ron liked her back, and kissed her in front of the common room to prove it.

Ron couldn’t bear to look at Hermione, or anybody, for that matter. He blew it. He had screwed up their friendship. He had to get out of here. Ron rushed past the people who were congratulating him and clapping him on the back to the portrait hole. Just as his left the common room, a hand grabbed his.

“Ron,” said a very confused Hermione, “where are you going?”

“I’m sorry for kissing you, and for screwing up our friendship. I’ll understand if you don’t want to talk to me anymore.” Ron said, looking at his feet.

“Wait, what? Screwing up our...Oh Ron, you’ve got it all wrong.” Hermione began.

“No, don’t try to make me feel better. Look, I, I got to go...change my feet,” Ron stuttered, and with that unusual statement, Ron wrenched his hand from Hermione’s and took off down the corridor.

Hermione’s heart broke. Why had he kissed me if he didn’t like me? she wondered sadly to herself.

As she turned to go back in the common room, the Fat Lady, who had watched the whole thing without saying a word, suddenly piped up, “Are you really going to let him slip away from you that easily? After you’ve loved him for so long, you’ll let him run off with the wrong idea like that?” She snapped her fingers for emphasis, and slammed closed.

“Let me in,” Hermione said shortly.

“No.” the Fat Lady said. “I’m not letting you back into this common room until you and Ron are a happy couple.”

“Let him find me,” said Hermione, starting to feel angry.

“You’ve been waiting for him for six years. Don’t you think you stopped waiting and did something?” the Fat Lady said.

“Yeah,” Hermione said slowly. “Yeah. I’ll find Ron, and I’ll show him that we’re still friends…or maybe something more.” As she turned to run down the corridor after Ron, she turned back and said, “Thanks, Fat Lady.”

“Don’t mention it,” the Fat Lady called after her. To herself she added, “Maybe I’ll be able to get a full nights’ sleep if they get together.” And with that, she fell asleep.

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

*A/N: Did you like it? Review, please! I’m working on the next part of this story as you read this.