Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Filled With Love by b_reeger

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Ginny, I can't believe I'm about to get married!" Hermione whispered. Neither of them could sleep, despite the pre-wedding shopping spree Ginny had insisted on that day. It was a feeble attempt at distracting Hermione and keeping her busy. The two ladies had been lying in bed reminiscing about the past few years.
"Yeah, it seems like just yesterday we were in school and helping Harry fight Voldemort. Now we are all grown and people are getting married. Fred and Angelina just came back from their three month honeymoon, Bill and Fleur are about to have their first child in a few weeks, and now you and Ron are getting married. It's a shame that we have lost so many loved ones in the process."
Ginny was, of course, referring to her brothers. During the course of the final battle and the months leading up to it, she had lost two of them to the Death Eaters. Both Charlie and George had been killed during a fierce battle about a week before Harry had found the final Horcrux. They were considered heroes by everyone, including the Order, but even that did nothing to ease the pain their family and friends had felt at their loss.
Percy, of course, never had come back. After the Ministry had finally acknowledged that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was, in fact, back and on a mission to kill The-Boy-Who-Lived, it seemed he was just too embarrassed to admit he was wrong. As the years passed, it became harder and harder for Percy to talk himself into returning. At the same time, his absence became less and less of an issue with the family. Even Molly had stopped getting upset at the mention of his name.
After a moment or two of silent reflecting, Hermione decided to change the subject back to one of a happier tone. "Have you triple checked everything at Hogwarts?"
Laughing at Hermione's obvious nervousness, Ginny replied, "Yes, Hermione, everything is all set. It was impossible to get anything wrong with the detailed checklists you handed out. You have nothing to worry about. I went and checked everything one last time just after dinner, and everything is ready for tomorrow."
Hermione closed her eyes for a moment, thinking of the numerous fights that she and Ron had while deciding on the details of the wedding. Hermione had wanted a wedding on the beach, while Ron wanted to follow in his brothers footsteps and have the wedding at the Burrow. In the end, they had finally agreed to have the wedding at Hogwarts; using the Great Hall for not only the ceremony, but the after wedding festivities.
Ron had decided to avoid a second confrontation and agreed to let Hermione take care of deciding on decorations, only insisting on the color red being the dominant feature. Hermione felt that should not be much of a problem, and agreed.
The invitations went out two months before the wedding itself, allowing plenty of time for the guests to make arrangements to attend. Molly and Ginny had both went with Hermione to pick out her wedding dress.
The dress was beautiful, in Hermione's opinion, and both Molly and Ginny agreed it looked splendid on her. The dress was white of course, and had a long train that flowed behind. In addition, the dress had tiny red roses that acted as accents all along the bodice of the dress as well as down the length of the train. All of the bouquets were roses as well, in various shades of red, pink and white.
In the process of going over all the details of her wedding, Hermione drifted off into a blissful sleep.
Ron, on the other hand, could not sleep. Leaving all the details of the wedding to Hermione left him without much to think about, but for some reason he couldn't help but worry anyway.
Ron had stayed at Harry's apartment that night. Harry, being the best man, had offered up his company to Ron without question when he was told of the custom that the groom was not to see the bride on the night before the wedding. They had spent the day playing Quidditch at the Burrow, but had been kicked out immediately following dinner, just minutes before Hermione arrived. Hermione would be staying at the Burrow with Ginny that night, so that meant Ron couldn't stay.
Ron and Harry had stayed up late talking and reminiscing about their years at Hogwarts. They laughed and cried together over the adventures they had both together and alone. At three in the morning, Harry had finally lost his battle with sleep, and passed out. Ron, on the other hand, was still wide awake.
Not wanting to take chances, Ron had declined the sleeping potion that Harry had offered him earlier to help him sleep. Now Ron was wishing he had taken him up on the offer. Seeing what time it was, Ron knew it was too late to take the potion, as there was a good chance he would not wake up in time if he did.
He finally drifted off quite some time later, and only was able to get in about three hours of sleep before Harry's alarm clock went off telling them it was time to get ready.
"Here we go," Ron muttered as he got up and headed for the shower.
At the same time, Hermione and Ginny had both already awoke and were showered. Knowing how long it would take to get Hermione ready, Ginny had decided it was best to get an early start. They had decided that Hermione would wear her hair mostly pulled up, with a few loose curls here and there. It took several hours, but after much work and several spells on Ginny's part, Hermione's hair looked amazing.
"Now we just need to get our makeup done and dresses on and we'll be all set," Ginny exclaimed.
Makeup did not take much time, seeing as how neither of the ladies really had a need or want to wear much. After helping Hermione into her dress and getting her own matching dress on, Ginny went to the fireplace to Floo Harry and see how things were going on his end.
Hearing something behind him, Harry spun around to see Ginny's head appear in the fire.
"Hey there Best Man, how is the Groom coming along?" she asked.
"He's doing fine, Ginny. Just a bit nervous I think. He'll be okay. Is Hermione ready?"
"Yes, we just finished, and she looks gorgeous. We should be to Hogwarts right on time."
"You don't look so bad yourself, Poppet, " Harry replied, using the pet name he had starting using during the first few months of dating Ginny following the final battle. Ginny had not given up on him, and was right there waiting when the battle was over to resume their courtship right where it had left off prior to the death of their beloved headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.
"We'll meet you there, we were actually just about to leave to go pick up Hermione's parents. You took care of getting the spells lifted for the ceremony so they can actually see the castle, right?"
"Of course I did, Harry!! What's the use of going to a wedding if you can't SEE it? I talked to Tiberius Ogden and got approval to lift the wards on the castle. Since it's summertime, and no students would be there, he was willing to do it. I don't know if you remember him from the papers, but he was the one who resigned in protest when Cornelius Fudge appointed the wicked Umbridge woman as Hogwarts High Inquisitor. He was rehired back into office once she was so cleverly disposed of, and is now the highest ranking official of the Wizengamot. He's actually going to be performing the ceremony as well."
"You know, I was meaning to ask Ron who was officiating, now that you mention it."
"Well, we'd better get going if we are all going to be arriving on time. See you later, Harry."
"See you, Gin."
Arriving at the gates of Hogwarts, Ginny jumped out first to check if Ron and Harry had arrived before letting Hermione out of the carriage. She was pleased to find that they had, and everything was set for the Bride to enter. With the help of a few house elves, Ginny held up the train of Hermione's gown as she walked, in an attempt to keep it from getting dirty during the short walk from the carriage to the doors of the castle.
As she entered, Hermione met her father who was waiting for her; beaming with pride. Hermione smiled back at him and hooked her arm in his as they approached the doors, waiting for the wedding march to begin.
Before they knew it, the music had started and down the aisle they went.


When Hermione and her father finally made it to the end of the long walkway, he lifted her veil and placed a small kiss upon her cheek before turning to Ron. "She's all yours now. Take good care of her."
Nodding his acknowledgments, Ron took Hermione's hand and turned to face the official, ready to start the ceremony. Odgen began with a smile.
"We are gathered in community to share the bond of love between Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger . We are here to publicly witness our love for them, as well as their love for each other. We are here to pledge our support for the commitment they are making, and to give our blessings to them. The celebration of marriage is the outward sign of an inward union of hearts. Ronald and Hermione, it is important that you say the words, and partake in the rituals that you have chosen as visible, tangible symbols of the invisible, ineffable grace of both Merlin, and the Gods that is woven into our lives. Fellow Weasleys, and Grangers, it is important for you to be part of this ceremony, which celebrates the new family Ronald and Hermione are making for themselves and for you."
"Friends and relatives, you occupy an important place in this couple’s lives. You have sustained them in the past with your thoughts and prayers. Now that their life is entering a new phase, your role will be different, but not diminished. And so on this, their wedding day, I ask you to remain steadfast in your support in times of trouble, and generous in your joy when they experience success and happiness. Wherever your own destiny may carry you, I ask that you continue to include them in your lives. If you are willing to affirm this, please say 'I will.' "
There was a deafening sound as all in attendance eagerly shouted, "I will".
Stepping forward, Ron and Hermione each took a deep red candle from either side of the very large candle placed in the middle of the table and lit it together using the flames from their individual candles to light the other.
"In each of us there is a bright spark of divinity, a warm source of energy, compassion and wisdom. Ronald and Hermione, I charge you to take upon yourselves this privilege, that you be keepers of the flame in each other’s soul. May the brightness of the candle you have lit together shine throughout your lives, giving you courage and reassurance in the darkness. May its warmth give you shelter from the cold. And may its energy fill your spirits with strength and joy."
"Weasleys and Grangers, will you please join us? When a candle gives its light to another, there is more light, not less. This is the way people should give their love. When you give your love to someone, it doesn’t take away any of the love you give to others. It makes more love all around. Ronald and Hermione believe that their love for each other and for you will bring happiness to your lives. And, as they share the light of their love, they invite you to light your own candle from the flame of their unity candle."
Stepping forward, Hermione's parents, as well as Ron's and the three remaining Weasley brothers and their wives each in turn lit their candles.
"Dear family, you cannot know what life may bring to you, but may the warmth of your love, and the freedom of your spirits be a blessing in your home to all whose lives touch yours. As you go through life together as a family, sharing the joys and disappointments that life can bring, may the love that you feel today continue to grow, to give you wisdom, courage, and joy, in all the days and years to come."
"Ronald and Hermione, with the vows you will now speak, you are about to enter into a marriage which is most sacred. May the love with which you now join hands and hearts never fail but only grow deeper and stronger each day. Remember that the hand offered by each of you is an extension of self, just as is your mutual love. Cherish the touch, for you touch not only your own, but another life. Be ever sensitive to its pulse. Seek always to understand and to respect its rhythm."
Ronald, repeat after me. 'I promise to express my love for you in all ways possible, to share in your pleasure and your pain and to let you share in mine. I promise that I will share my thoughts and feelings with you. I promise that I will give you freedom to be yourself. I promise that I will try to understand everything that you do. I promise that I will be honest with you. I promise that I will help you achieve your goals. I promise to comfort you, support you, trust you, and deserve your trust. I promise with my heart, my mind, and my body to honor and cherish you from this day forward.'
Ron repeated the vows without hesitation, his eyes filling with tears. Hermione, in turn, repeated her vows, despite the fact that her tears of happiness were making her words almost undecipherable.
Ogden continued, "May I have the rings please?" Harry stepped forward and giving Ron and Hermione a quick wink before handing them over.
"The ring is an ancient symbol, blessed and simple. Round these rings are, like the sun, like the eye, like the arms that embrace. Circle they are; for love that is given comes back ‘round again. May, therefore, these symbols remind you that your love, like the sun, illuminates; that your love, like the eye, must see clearly; and that your love, like the arms which embrace, is a grace upon this world. "
"Ronald, please place this ring on Hermione's finger and repeat after me: 'Not as a bond, but as a pledge... I give you this ring. May it encircle your finger... As my love does your heart.' "
Ron and Hermione both did as asked, huge smiles on both of their tear stained faces.
"Since Ronald and Hermione have vowed to be loyal and loving toward each other, formalizing in our presence the existence of the bond between them, we bear witness to the ceremony they have performed. The ceremony that has made them partners in life. Because they have spoken a covenant of love and trust to each other and because they have symbolized that love by giving, receiving, and wearing bands of gold, they have made for themselves a Wizards Union; and by the authority vested in me as the highest ranking member of Wizengamot, I am delighted to declare that your lives are now joined in marriage."
"May all that is noble and lovely abide now and forever with Ronald and Hermione. May the love you have declared blossom into that of fulfillment which only love can bring. With hearts full of joy, we make this our prayer for you. "
"May we leave here full of hope, joy, and love and may we remember always the two gathered here with affection, love, and supportive thoughts. It is now my pleasure to present to you Ronald and Hermione Weasley. You may now kiss."
With that Ron grabbed Hermione into a kiss that many that day said could have lasted forever, had they not been broken up by Odgen wishing to get on the with after ceremony party. The day was one that all would remember for years to come. A day filled with love.