Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Diaries and Post of the Original Two by frenchee_pride

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Read & Review, Thanks!

August 22, 1977.


Usually, I, Lily Rose Evans, would never be caught writing in a diary. No, conforming to someone's silly idea of what girls do in their spare time is not something I would normally do. But nevertheless, here I am. So let me fill you in.



Mum bought me this diary as a way to document my seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, because I'd want to look back on it when I'm older. And yes, you did indeed read that correctly; I am a witch. But, I’m not the kind of witch Muggle children dress up as on Halloween with large pointed noses, crooked teeth and evil cackles. No, I simply am a normal teenage girl with the ability to do magic. I am, however, Muggle-born, meaning I was born into a non-magical family. I'm fairly short, with wavy, red hair that falls just below my shoulders. It has taken me years to accept that my hair is nice looking, because I had always thought of it as unusual, and having bright red hair usually merits you for teasing. I have green eyes that, according to Genevieve, 'captivate' the male population of Hogwarts. I, however, strongly disagree.


Genevieve LaViolette, is my best friend, and is the one capable of captivating the male population of Hogwarts. She has this insane head of blonde hair, and crazy beautiful blue eyes that let her easily woo the male species with ease, which she finds to be very useful. Gen and I were born on the same day, so most people would instantly think that she and I are alike. Ha! I am the epiphany of average teenager. I'm not a loner, but I'm not the most popular girl. I'm not ugly, but I'm not beautiful either. I've had a few steady boyfriends, and have good friends. Gen, on the other hand, is the most beautiful girl you'll ever meet, and is usually the center of attention. But above all, she's the female version of a womanizer. She's the female version of Sirius Black.


Sirius Black is the love interest of the school, and has a smile that would make any girl melt-- and I'm no exception. He has an amazing athletic body, and gorgeous hair that falls nicely just between his cheekbones and his jaw. And I must admit, when I first laid eyes on him in first year, I was in lust. That is, until I found out what he was all about: women, Quidditch and pranks. Yes, even at age eleven he lived for women. I think he's been with every girl in Hogwarts, with the exception of those in Slytherin, and some even twice. The Quidditch is perfectly understandable, since he does play Beater for Gryffindor, but the pranks just top it all off nicely. Black, along with James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew, are the school's self-dubbed Marauders. The teachers even use that name, and when someone plays a prank, you can be sure it was them. Peter is the invisible Marauder that nobody seems to notice and just goes along for the ride. But Potter is Black's partner in crime. Potter and I are sworn enemies, ever since our first ride on the Hogwarts Express when he doused me in water because 'my red hair was on fire.' But ever since our first encounter, that dolt developed a liking for me, which only fed the hate-on I had for him. Merlin, that boy has taken every chance he's gotten to ask me out. It's sad really, how hard he tries. His every move irritates me. He pranks innocent first years, and he ruffles his bloody hair to look like he just stepped off his broom. As if his hair wasn't messy to begin with! His hair wouldn't lay flat if his life depended on it! He plays Chaser on the house Quidditch team, which caused his popularity to skyrocket, and it feeds his bloody ego. It's amazing that with a personality like that he could be such good friends with Remus. Remus Lupin is the tamest of the Marauders, and a good friend of mine. He has a caring personality, and is a lot like me. He has popular friends, but prefers to stay out of the limelight, which often gives us time to talk when our friends run off. Remus is surely going to be Head Boy, which reminds me. I'M HEAD GIRL!!! Isn't that exciting?


I'm going to have so much fun this year. I can't wait! I'm going to Gen's house tomorrow until the start of school. I haven't seen her since school ended, and we'll surely have fun. I'd better start packing!


Lily Evans



August 22nd, 1977.


I, James Thomas Potter, received the shock of my life today. As I sat on my bed, staring at this journal, yes the one Sirius bought me as a joke, my yearly Hogwarts letter arrived. What's so shocking about that you ask? A Head Boy badge fell out when I opened it. You see, I thought it was a mistake; I thought maybe they put the badge in the wrong envelope. But no, when I took a closer look, I saw that my name was in fact engraved in cursive print on the bottom. I just sat and stared. Mum walked in and was in the middle of saying how she had seen the Hogwarts owl, when she almost smothered me in hugs and screeched, 'Oh! James, honey! Head Boy! I'm so proud of you! Hey, Thomas! Come in here! James made Head Boy!' Yes, as you can tell, my parents were ecstatic, but I was just a little disappointed. Being Head Boy meant that one: I'm going to have to endure an insane amount of pestering from Sirius, and two: the days of the Marauders might be coming to a close. But we'll try our best. Dumbledore has to appreciate a little humour here and there right?


I'm going over to Gen's house tomorrow with Sirius, Remus, and Peter, and we're going to have a big party. We all haven't seen each other for a while, so it's going to be fun, and Sirius is bringing the Firewhisky. I know what you're thinking, 'Where's the adult?' Gen's parents are in France visiting family and won't be back for a couple months. This should be fun! I'm going to see Lily there, too! That's the plus side about living next door to Lily's best friend; I can see her whenever she's over. What's even better is that Gen told me Lily made Head Girl, meaning that I'll spend a good part of my final year in the company of Lily. This could be the chance I've been waiting for to win her heart!
I'd better get to sleep now, though. I want to be rested up for the big day tomorrow!

'Night!

James Potter