Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fervidos Tripudio by Periwinkle

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thank you to my beta, GWeaz for doing a great job!
Ginny Weasley straightened up, the faint crinkling of the pink fabric caressing her freckled, pale thighs. She ran her hands down her body, tidying wrinkles and creases in her form-fitting dancing outfit. The alternating colors, dark pink to soft pink to light pink, set off her auburn hair and brown eyes beautifully. The collar was low, but covered her modestly, the sleeves just grazing her upper arms. Thin gauze-like, lighter strips dangled just above her knees. She looked into the mirror and grimaced. Her freckles covered not only her face, but also her shoulders, back and legs as well. She wished she could just do away with them; to her they were unflattering. Sighing, she pointed and flexed her toes, warming up for her class.

Ginny closed her eyes and breathed deeply, trying to chase the last shred of anxiety away. This was her first class of the fall session and she was nervous. When classes had let out for summer, she knew she'd miss dancing terribly. Now that she was back in the studio, the familiar smell of fake flowers and an undefinable fragrance hanging in the air made her almost turn back and run. She loved dancing, of course - the general feel of twirling and pivoting and sliding made her feel carefree and serene - but one name had changed all that. Ginny had glanced at the name list before entering the locker rooms, something she had never done before. Something pulled her over to the parchment. Something made her eyes travel to the M's. Something made her eyes stop at the name.

Draco Malfoy.

She had almost fainted. Only her arm lashing out and steadying her trembling body had saved her from collapsing gracelessly on the cement ground. How she wished she had never seen those two words! How she wished he never existed! How she wished he had never entered her life and left again, dragging her heart behind him. It had been four months since they had ended their former relationship, four months since they had called it all off.

Their previous relationship had been shallow, hasty and rushed. They hadn't known each other well and hadn't taken the time to. Lust was the base of it and Ginny found out too late that it wasn't good enough for a steady liaison. And he had been such a prat at the end, so cold! Like they had never been together. She wasn't ready to see him again. Not so soon.

But in the end, her courage and vow to not even glance his way had overcome her apprehension.

Standing before the door of Madam Fray's Dancing School, all that bravery she had gathered before fled her body, leaving her drained. She brushed away her worries and entered the room, disappearing from view behind the already assembled group. Madam Fray was standing in the center of the cavernous room, a clipboard in her hands. Her severe gaze scrutinized her students as she spoke.

"You are my only advanced class, but since this is our first class of the term we will start with something familiar this morning. You touched on the Argentine Tango last session and we'll continue to study it this term. Please form a line. Ladies, on the right. Boys, to the left."

The class did as they were instructed, Ginny bringing up the rear. She shivered, the cool air in the room floating past her skin. She chided herself for acting the coward, all because of a single name. It's just a name, she assured herself. Nothing more. She moved up as the line shortened and respective pairs were assigned. Sooner than she had anticipated, Ginny was standing next to Madam Fray, looking at her expectantly. The aging woman gestured to the man across from Ginny, nodding.

"Your partner, Draco Malfoy."

Ginny barely had time to react under Madam Fray's serious gaze. Ginny couldn’t help but to notice the surprise on Draco’s face. She moved toward him automatically, placing her left hand on his upper arm, her back straight and her weight balanced on the balls of her feet -- the starting position of the famous dance. Draco's surprised features quickly slipped back into the indifferent, cool gaze she had seen so many times. His right hand slipped down to the small of her back, pulling her towards him.

Stop being so tense,she mentally scolded herself, angry that one person could do so much to her. Her other hand met his, fingers intertwining and arms straightened to the same side. Being this close to him, feeling the shape of his body again, feeling the smooth rising of his chest intoxicated her senses and her body slumped slightly before she had time to arrange herself again. She almost felt Draco raise an eyebrow at her obvious discomfort but had no time to respond with a scathing remark as the music began.

Thankful for the distraction from her thoughts, she focused instead on the underlying beats of the piece, waiting for the cue to begin. Her head turned to the right as Draco's went to the left. Madam Fray surveyed the couples approvingly, walking between them and correcting when necessary. Ginny breathed in deeply as Draco began to move, she followed him in perfect succession. They moved first to the left, their legs executing the imperative steps, weaving in and out of each other’s path. Reaching the wooden wall, Ginny pivoted on her tiptoes, her neck arched elegantly, her arms suspended nimbly in the air. She relaxed a little, wallowing in the nostalgic feel of the music as the memories came flooding back. She let her mind take control of her steps, her eyes able to take in her surroundings.

The beats came faster as the notes built towards the climax and the steps became increasingly complicated. Ginny never faltered, she was astonished that Draco had kept up with her thus far. She knew he had taken dancing classes at another academy, but she never foresaw that he would be this good. And she certainly never thought that he would ever come to Madam Fray’s. Ginny almost stopped but saved herself in time when the realization that Draco was the perfect partner for her dawned on her. She always had trouble with finding men who could match the flow and lead of her body and was both pleased and shocked that Draco could equal her in dancing.

"What are you doing here?" she half-whispered, half-gasped as his foot brushed against her knee.

"Figure it out yourself, Weasley," he answered softly, head turned away from her.

She abandoned her thoughts yet again and concentrated on the rising climax, the most important part of the tango. It was the most passionate and sensual part as well and Ginny shuddered when she remembered her next part.

Carefully strengthening her hold, she brought her feet together and Draco's other hand snaked to her back, supporting her weight. The last thing she saw before sliding between his legs was the burning gaze in his gray eyes as he stared into her own. Lightly bringing her foot back, she adjusted her body into the following position. Her back arched gently, she brought her head back delicately, exposing the white skin of her neck. Her other foot hooked behind Draco's ankle, sliding up and down as she brought her body up. Ginny barely had time to catch her breath before moving into the next complex pattern. Her thoughts centered on the feel of the music, the press of Draco's chest against her own and the intense sensation that swept through her body.

This next part was the only one in which she would be able to stare directly into her partner's eyes. She had no idea what would happen when she did. When their eyes met his gaze almost tore her apart. It was so fierce, so strong, as his eyes glared into her own. She took in another breath and moved her foot up higher, fastening it above his hips. He pulled her roughly against him and she inhaled sharply, her emotions rising to dangerous levels. They gazed into each other's eyes keenly before Draco freed his grip on her slightly and Ginny raised her body up.

They resumed their previous position, stepping together and alternatively. Walking to the opposing wall, she spun again before settling her body in the final position. Her hands grasped Draco's for support as she dipped yet again, her feet twisting around his and she brought the tango to an abrupt end, freezing on the last beat of the music. Breathing heavily, her eyes never left Draco's as Madam Fray began talking in the background.

To Ginny it was as if only she and Draco existed; everything else was blurred and invisible. It was only the two of them, lost in each other's gaze. She had nothing to say. Words had deserted her at the moment. Slowly, she stepped away from him.

"You came back," she whispered, arms resting at her sides.

His fingers lingered about her waist as he searched her face.

"For you," he answered, withdrawing his arms. As Draco did so, the warmth he had provided left her as chill pervaded her core.

"I came back for you."