Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron's Promise by Beci

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“I didn’t ask you to come, you know,” Hermione snapped back in a whisper. Ron sighed and remained silent. He had simply voiced his concerns about going to the Room of Requirement and she had completely blown up at him.

It was nearly 11:45 pm and the two of them were huddled under Harry’s invisibility cloak. They were slowly making their way to the meeting point on the seventh floor, being as quiet as possible whilst they bickered. They were almost there now, having left a little earlier than planned.

“Here we are,” Hermione whispered, when they finally arrived at the portrait of Barnabas the Barmy. Ron stifled a laugh. He knew it wasn’t the best time for laughing, but the portrait of Barnabas being clubbed by the trolls always amused him. Hermione threw him a sharp look, and he quickly turned his laughter into a hurried cough. “Well,” Hermione continued, “we know what to do.” She threw off the invisibility cloak and began to walk past the blank wall slowly.

“Hermione, hang on,” Ron said quickly, grabbing her hand and turning her around to face him. Maybe he imagined it, but he thought he felt her shiver under his touch. Ron took a deep breath and looked into her beautiful chocolate eyes. “Just…be careful. Ok?” he said softly.

Hermione’s gaze dropped to the floor, and again, Ron thought he saw something like disappointment flash across her face.

“It’s my mother, Ronald. What could she possibly do to me that would make me need to be careful?” Hermione answered, a touch of exasperation lined her voice. Ron shook his head, and began to walk back and forth in front of the bare wall.

We need somewhere for Hermione to meet her mum. Ron thought. Somewhere safe, where no one else can get in.

Ron stopped walking after passing three times before the blank wall and opened his eyes. The door he had seen so many times before had reappeared, as brightly polished as ever. Hermione had also stopped walking, she reached out and turned the brass handle, the heavy door swing slowly open, creaking slightly as it did so.

She started through the door , but Ron pushed himself in front of her, determined to check it out before he would let her come in. He entered the large room, glancing nervously all around. There was no furniture, in fact, there was nothing, the room was completely bare. The only thing visible along the bright white walls was another shining oak door on the opposite side of the room.

“We must be early,” Ron commented, as he let Hermione in, and pushed the door shut behind her. Hermione didn’t answer, but stood still, looking around the empty room.

They both stood in awkward silence for a few moments. A strange foreboding feeling passed over Ron and by the grave look on Hermione’s face, she was beginning to feel it as well. Ron checked his watch, it was 12:05 am.

“She’s not coming, is she?” Hermione asked, the sorrow and disappointment she felt was evident in the sound of her voice. However, before Ron could answer, the walls began to change.

He stepped forward, grabbed Hermione and moved her back towards the door. In front of them dark figures began to appear suddenly out of nowhere.

Ron tightened his grip on Hermione, who had begun to shake, and had a look of pure terror etched across her face. Appearing before them was the sneering face of Lucius Malfoy, the pale pointed face of Narcissa Malfoy, the small, plump, ratty figure of Peter Pettigrew, and a tall pale man whom neither recognized.

“Granger, Weasley, how pleasant to see you both,” Lucius drawled, his wand pointing straight at the pair. “I’m glad you complied with my request to meet here. Makes my life far easier when people are so willing to cooperate.”

Narcissa let out a harsh laugh at this comment. She looked at her husband approvingly, and glanced rather viciously at Ron and Hermione.

“You lying bas-" shouted Ron.

“Language, Weasley!” Lucius bellowed, his voice cracked like a whip through the empty room, making Hermione start in Ron’s arms. “How dare you call me a liar? The foul little Muggle is here,” he said throwing a commanding glance at Wormtail. Wormtail stood quietly in front of the door, trying to avoid both Ron or Hermione’s loathing gazes. Wormtail pointed his wand at the lock and muttered “Alohamora.” The door gently swung open.

“Mum!” Hermione screamed. She tried to run to her, but Ron wouldn’t let her out of his embrace. He tightened his hold around Hermione and forced himself to look at Mrs. Granger. She was tied to a chair, gagged and blindfolded and she looked extremely pale.

“Calm down, Mudblood,” Lucius spat, staring in revulsion at Hermione as she struggled to get free of Ron's embrace. “I’ll let her go,” he said coldly.

Ron glared at Malfoy wondering what was going on. This didn’t sound right. There had to be a catch. And sure enough “

“If…” Lucius drawled, leaving his sentence hanging, watching the pair with obvious amusement.


A/N - sorry to leave it on such a cliffy but if i hadnt ended this chappie somewhere it would have been so long, and I didnt want that. The next chapter might be a little while (please dont shout at me) but I will be as quick as possible with it.

Thanx again to Shawna for betaing. Dont know what I would do without someone spotting my stupid mistakes. And thanx to everyone for reviewing, keep it up, i really appreciate it.