Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and The Ultimate Adventure by PotionsPrincess

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: There is a mild sexual situation at the end of this chapter; nothing graphic.
Jen, did I do good with the semi-colon? Lol.

The morning of the wedding dawned bright and clear. Ginny woke to the sound of crashing pots and pans and the general hustle and bustle noise of the Burrow. She couldn’t contain the huge smile on her face when she realized that this was the last morning that she would wake up as Ginny Weasley. She was sure that she had never been happier in her entire life. She got up and pulled her robe on; there was no sense in getting fully dressed since she would be back up here after breakfast to get ready for her big day.

When she entered the kitchen, her mother was putting the finishing touches on her wedding cake. It was beautiful. “Mum, did you sleep at all?” Ginny asked once she noticed how frazzled her mother looked.

“Oh, yes dear, for a little bit.” She stopped what she was doing and looked at her daughter. “I can’t believe my little girl is getting married!” She threw her arms around Ginny and when she went to pull away she realized that Ginny was still holding onto her.

“Mum,” Ginny almost whispered “I want to say thank you, for everything; you don’t know how much you mean to me.” She pulled away and kissed her mother’s cheek; both women had tears in their eyes.

“You’re welcome, dear,” Mrs. Weasley sniffled. “Now you’d better eat and get back upstairs before Harry sees you; its bad luck.”

**

Three hours later, Ginny stood in her bedroom with Luna and Hermione. The wedding was due to start in just a few minutes. Ginny looked stunning; her white dress was strapless and flowed down to her ankles, and her hair lay in soft curls. Hermione and Luna both wore sky blue robes and had their hair piled on top of their heads. There was a knock at the door and all three witches turned to see Ron poke his head inside. “It’s time,” he said.

Ginny, Hermione, Luna, and Ron made their way downstairs and across the garden to where about fifty chairs sat facing a beautiful rose-covered trellis. The four of them were hidden from the view of the crowd. When the music started to play, Hermione was the first to walk down the aisle, followed by Luna. Just before it was time for Ron and Ginny to go, he leaned over and whispered in her ear “You look beautiful, Gin.” Ginny smiled at him and they stepped around the corner into the opening of the aisle. Ginny didn’t notice the beautiful flowers, or the silver carpet that she was walking down, or even the smiling faces of all of her friends and family. From the moment she turned the corner, all she knew or cared about was Harry. Their eyes locked, and he gave her a nervous smile, which she returned.

When they reached the trellis, Ron kissed Ginny on the cheek and went to take his place next to Harry. Ginny handed her bouquet of white roses to Hermione and grasped Harry’s hands. The Ministry official who was conducting the ceremony was dressed in silver robes and had dark brown hair and eyes. Once everyone was in place, he began “Ginevra Weasley, please state your vows.”

“Harry, I take you to be my husband, and my best friend. I take you to be my shelter and my safe place to fall. I promise to love you for who you are. I promise you my loyalty and my trust. I promise to laugh with you and cry with you for as long as I live. I offer you my heart because I know it is safe in your hands.”

“Harry Potter, please state your vows.”

“Ginny, I take you to be my wife, and my best friend. I take you to be my partner and my light in the darkness. I promise you my loyalty and my trust. I promise to put you first. I offer you my heart because without you it would break. I promise to be your everything for as long as I live.”

There were tears in Ginny’s eyes by the time Harry was finished with his vows. “Present your rings” the Ministry official instructed. Harry turned to Ron, who handed him two silver rings. Harry handed the larger of the two to Ginny. She placed the ring on Harry’s finger and it glowed brightly for a few moments. Harry did the same to Ginny. When the glow from Ginny’s ring died away, the official instructed Harry to kiss his bride. Harry took a step towards Ginny and placed one hand on her waist and one on her cheek. He kissed her softly for a few moments and then turned to face the crowd with Ginny’s hand clasped in his.

“May I present Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter,” the official called, and the crowd erupted into cheers as Harry and Ginny walked back up the aisle.

**

The reception was winding down and Harry and Ginny were preparing to make their escape. They would be leaving on their honeymoon as soon as they got back up to the house and gathered their bags. The wedding and the reception had gone off without a hitch. The reception had been full of food and laughter and dancing. The newlyweds were exhausted. They made their way around the room, thanking everyone for coming, and saying goodbye. When they finally made it back to the house, it was empty.

“So how long do you think they will keep the party going?” Ginny asked, as she sat down on her bed and slipped out of her shoes.

“Well, I heard rumors that Fred and George were going to start a dance-off,” Harry chuckled. Ginny laughed and rolled her eyes. While he was talking, Harry had pulled his robes off and was now wearing black pants and a white button-down shirt.

“Let’s get out of here,” Ginny smiled. “I hear some pretty interesting things about these honeymoon thingies.” She gave Harry a lingering kiss.

“You get changed; I’ll take the bags downstairs,” he smiled at his new wife.

When Ginny came downstairs, she was dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt that said ‘Bride’ across the front of it.

“It was a gift from Luna,” she explained at Harry’s questioning look.

“I like it. Are you ready?” he replied.

“Yeah; are we Flooing or Apparating?”

“Apparating-- just take my arm and I’ll do the rest. I sent the bags ahead to the hotel.” Ginny grasped her husband’s arm tightly and closed her eyes. When she opened them again they were in a beautiful lobby. Harry led her to the check-in desk and gave their names. The clerk’s eyes flew to Harry’s scar.

“Oh yes, Mr. Potter, we have your room all ready. Your bags have already been taken up, and we have arranged those security measures that you asked for. No one will bother you.” He handed Harry a key to their room and called for someone named Colpepper to show them to their room. When they entered their suite, Ginny gasped. It was fantastic. There was a huge four-poster canopy bed, a large fireplace, a sitting area, a small kitchen, a Jacuzzi tub, and a large balcony that overlooked the ocean. There were candles everywhere, and a small table near the bed was set with champagne and strawberries.

Once Harry closed the door, he had barely turned around before Ginny threw herself into his arms and kissed him fiercely. She ran her fingers through his hair, and he wrapped his arms around her. He picked her up, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He carried her to the bed and laid her down gently. He crawled into bed next to her and began kissing his way down her body. Not for the first time that week, he found himself unable to believe how lucky he was to have her… before all rational thought was wiped from his mind by the feel of Ginny’s body beneath him.

**

“Good morning, Mrs. Potter,” Harry whispered as Ginny began to wake up. She smiled from ear to ear and kissed his bare chest.

“I could get used to that,” she mumbled.

“You’d better-- you’re stuck with it now,” Harry teased with a goofy grin on his face. “Come on, sleepyhead, I already ordered breakfast.” Ginny slowly stretched and sat up. She kissed Harry and was planning to do much more, when there was a knock on the door. Harry wrapped a sheet around his waist and went to answer it. He came back pushing a small cart laden with breakfast food. He poured a cup of coffee and handed it to Ginny.

“Ummm, you always know how to make me feel better,” she sighed as she took a long sip.

“So what do you want to do today?” Harry asked as he made a plate of food for Ginny. “We could go to the beach.”

“The beach sounds good for later, but right now I very much intend to have my way with you” she said casually and shot Harry a sexy little smirk. Harry left the breakfast where it was and immediately jumped back in bed.

“Well, if you must,” he said with that same goofy grin back on his face.