Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter, the Half-Blood Prince and Mary-Sue by Valentinia

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Anything you recognize is not mine. This includes Mary-Sue, of course. Not that I would want to take credit for her! :D The italics at the beginning are from pg. 533, Hardback US edition HBP. Enjoy.
Harry Potter, the Half-Blood Prince and Mary-Sue
by Valentinia



Prologue: Meeting Mary-Sue


"We won!" yelled Ron, bounding into sight and brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. "We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!"

Harry looked around; there was Ginny
snogging Dean. When had they gotten back together? Harry wondered dully, as the beast in his chest roared. His insides felt like it was trying to claw itself out.

But suddenly, the beast quieted.

'Hey!' thought Harry, 'that's not right! Ginny's back with Dean! I should be insanely jealous!'

'No, you prat. Look behind you!' the beast seemed to say. Or was that his stomach growling?

Just to be safe he turned around (the buffet was over there, anyway). He saw Ron, stuffing his face as usual... And then there she was! His hunger (and Ginny) forgotten, Harry's eyes roamed over the dark, exotic beauty.

Meanwhile, Maria Susana López, an exchange student from a very prestigious but laid-back Caribbean school, was whispering with Lavender and Parvati, who had become her best friends in the past two days since her arrival. Now she felt she could trust them with anything.

That's why they were whispering about Harry, right then.

"Go on, Mary-Sue! He's looking right at you! And he looks like he could ravish you right here!"

"Are you sure?" the beautiful, talented, athletic, all around perfect girl asked in a most sexy Spanish accent, "I don't think I'm the prettiest girl, here. Maybe he is looking at you, Parvati?" she added.

"You think so?" Parvati asked hopefully. After all, Harry Potter, with his heroic sex-appeal was the dream guy of most of Hogwarts's female population.

Lavender elbowed her unceremoniously in the ribs, as tears shot into Mary-Sue's eyes at the thought of Harry really looking at another girl.

"He's Mary-Sue's! You (even though you used to be the prettiest girl in our year) don't stand a chance against such a modest, kind, loving, not to mention beautiful girl!"

"You're right!" Parvati admitted, "I'm sorry, Mary-Sue. What I meant was, of course he's looking at you. After all, you are gorgeous!"

Being the forgiving person she was, Mary-Sue graciously accepted Parvati's apology with a watery, but radiant smile.

"Go talk to him!" Lavender urged, "Ron and I got together at a party like this!"

"But what would I say?" Mary-Sue asked, her brow furrowing slightly, with the most adorable little wrinkle. She looked so distressed that Parvati and Lavender instantly started giving their innocent, yet oddly experienced friend words of comfort.

"Just talk about Quidditch! Boys love Quidditch, and so do you. Tell him you're going to try out for the team!"

"Try to be sexy and girly, guys think that's hot!"

"Thank you very much for your kind suggestions, girls," Mary-Sue said, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because she had such great friends. Mary-Sue, even though she had everything, was easily made happy with little things like friendship or true love (a.k.a. Harry).

"But," she added, "I think I know what I will do. I'll use my natural legilimency skills to look into his mind. Then I'll know what he's thinking about and I'll be able to talk to him about it!"

"That's brilliant, Mary-Sue! Then you can conjure up whatever he wishes for from thin air using your wandless magic abilities!" squealed Lavender.

"Or you could just turn into your animagus, or send your corporeal patronus to get it!" added Parvati.

So Mary-Sue hopped into Harry's head, careful not to hurt him. Even though Snape's or even Voldemort's presence had always been felt, Mary-Sue was much better than either of them, and so Harry noticed nothing.

But when Mary-Sue looked around in his head, she was sure she had made a mistake. Removing her mind from his, she turned to her best friends who were waiting anxiously for her to say something.

"I must have gone wrong. I think I was seeing into my head. The only thing being thought about was me!"

"No, silly!" giggled Parvati and Lavender, "All that means is that he is thinking about nothing but you!"

"How romantic," sighed Parvati.

"Isn't it?" simpered Mary-Sue, "Now I know what to talk to him about! Me!"