Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter, the Half-Blood Prince and Mary-Sue by Valentinia

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I don't own or take credit for anything you recognize, nor am I making money with any of this.
Chapter 5: Forbidden Loved OR This Even Has a Cliché Title



Meanwhile, as Mary-Sue was figuring out the particulars of her plan, Hermione had run to the Astronomy Tower, where she could always find comfort. She was leaning against a rail, crying helplessly.

She had let Ron down, and Draco, too. Ron had wanted to protect her! But Draco had kissed her! Oh, she was so confused!

Just then, a shadowy figure, dressed in a leather muggle jacket with matching pants and boots stepped onto the landing.

“I see we have the same place to come and think, Herm… Granger.”

How had he known that she came here to think, Hermione wondered. But, though she was usually an intelligent girl, all she could think of to say was: “Call me ‘Mione, professor”, even though she knew that he, being a teacher already had the right to call her by her first name, if he wanted to. But a nickname… That was… intimate! And romantic!

She’d always had a thing for older men…

“Alright, ‘Mione. But please, if we’re on a first name basis, call me… Severus.”

“But, professor, that wouldn’t be proper!”

Even though Hermione had become a girly, flirty girl, she still firmly believed that professors were saints. And yet, she had just asked him to call her ‘Mione…

“Forget proper!” he said, the passion raw in his voice, “I love you! Ever since that fateful day…”

----------- Flashback -----------


Hermione, who had been working as a lab assistant for potions (Snape had never needed one before, but did suddenly in Hermione’s sixth year), was weighing ingredients carefully.

Severus was pouting. Why had Dumbledore put this girl to this job? Perhaps… but no. Dumbledore, the senile old fool, couldn’t know about Severus’ secret feelings, could he? The tiny, secret obsession he’d had with Hermione since the moment she started filling out. Before, she had just been an annoying student to him. All of a sudden, he saw her as a fellow adult, and an intelligent, hot one at that!

Looking over to her, he saw her smooth, curly hair bouncing. Something else was bouncing too, a bit lower, but he told himself he wasn’t noticing that…

Then, she looked up and smiled at him. He knew that, after years of rejection, someone was finally accepting him. He would never cry himself to sleep again! And he loved her for it.

----------- End Flashback -----------



“You see, it was then, I knew I loved you.”

“Oh, Severus. Who cares about rules?”

Hermione threw herself into his arms. This was a man even more cultured, sophisticated and romantic than Draco. Also, he was so sarcastic and sardonic and she was too (what? It came with the makeover…). Plus, he was so smart. Even though Hermione had only ever spoken to him in class, she knew this to be a fact! And he was damn sexy in that leather! And the greasy hair look was just… mmh! Hermione couldn’t stop herself from running her fingers through it.

“I love you!”

-----------------------------------------------------------


On the other side of the castle, Mary-Sue was busily trying to set up another romance. And there was one of the prospective young lovers now.

Ginny Weasley, once cheery, passionate and stubborn, had gone bad. She was wearing gothic chains, and black makeup. Her fiery red hair was died black. Her fingernails were painted black. She was being morose.

“Oh, the entire world hates me! Tom said he loved me, but he lied! And now I’m tainted forever! I will never get over the pain! And plus, I resent having brothers who try to protect me! That’s all I am to anyone! The littlest Weasley! That’s all! And I, though I used to be able to scare even Fred and George, can’t do anything about it! I wish I could just crush the whole world! No one loves me!”

“You’re too light for that, Virginia, eh… Ginerva,” said a teary, male voice. He sounded very dark.

“No, you’re wrong! There’s dark me in me!”

Becoming invisible, Mary-Sue decided her plan needed a change. They would no longer be able to go for her original plan of “Romeo and Juliet”, “light and dark” type opposites attract type love between the two. Instead, she guessed, they would have to make do with… With what? Then, and idea hit her! They would have to realize how similar they were… And it would start, with them calling each other cliché names. And yes… it was starting!

“Oh, Ginerva! I feel the same! I’m a good guy, but sometimes I feel so… dark!”

“Oh, you poor abused boy! Oh, Dragon!”

And when Mary-Sue looked back, they had fallen into each other’s arms.

“You’re the only one who understands me, Ginerva!”

“You’re the only one who understands me, Dragon! But, uh, Dragon? There’s one thing… We know that Ron went berserk, when he wanted the girl he likes to be his. How will he react when he finds out that his sister is dating you?”

“I don’t know, Ginerva, but I know we’ll get through this together! I love you!”

“I love you, too!”

Just then, a short boy with messy hair, I mean, a suave sex-god whose looks were rivaled only by Malfoy’s walked into the corridor where Ginny and Draco were holding each other.

“How dare you, Ginny? I may have a girlfriend who’s much prettier than you, now, but I will not tolerate you dating another man! Especially my arch-nemesis!”

Having said this, Angry!Harry attacked. Mary-Sue wasn’t sure whether he was aiming to punch Draco or Ginny. She did know that she had to interfere. This was here chance to save someone!

Turning into her animagus, a large, beautiful cheetah, she lunged. Without hurting anyone with her claws, she managed to pull Harry away from Draco.

“I hate you, Harry… uh, Potter!” Draco yelled.

Only Mary-Sue noticed the slip, but she chose not to say anything. Instead, she pulled Harry over towards her for a hug. But he stopped her.

“I realize you are the prettiest girl in the whole school, and to boys my age, usually that’s all that counts. But, Mary-Sue, I’m over you! I love… Ginny!"