Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What Could Have Been by Lucia_Swanne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Well, I think the chapter title may speak for itself a bit but I’ll give you a short summary anyway. Cammie tells a Ron a little about Hermione’s past and then we find out a major secret. Will it be bigger than the last one? Wait and see...
Disclaimer: Wait for it...no. I’m still not J.K Rowling...I wish I was, all of the riches and fame and all of that, but I’m not. Oh well. There’s always next year...


A/N: This chapter took a long time to write because I’m such a perfectionist but I finally left it alone. I don’t know why but I struggled with this chapter. Hopefully this won’t continue. I am quite happy though because it looks a little bit longer than my others, but that may be due to this extra long authors note. How about I just leave you to the story? Enjoy!






Ron sat outside of Hermione’s room as the Healers examined her again. Cammie sat on his right, reading her copy of The Daily Prophet and muttering something about the news to herself every so often.


Cammie folded the newspaper up and placed it on the table next to her. She then turned to Ron. “Do you know much about Hermione’s life since the Final Battle?”


“No, I haven’t talked to her for ten years, ten very long years,” replied Ron.


“Well, looks as if I’m going to have to fill you in. I assume that you know about her kids, so I will start there.


“Hermione is growing weaker and weaker every day, but she stays strong for her kids. She won’t let them know if she’s having an off day, or if the treatment isn’t going well. She’s such a fighter; I’ve never known anyone like her.


“She wont like that I’m telling you this, but she hated herself for not going back to you and telling you everything. On Adrianna’s first birthday I found her in her room curled up in bed, crying hysterically because you didn’t know her daughter. I had to force her out of bed to be with Addy, because her father’s never been there.”


“What kind if an idiot would deprive a child as beautiful as that, even if Hermione did leave him?”


“Don’t judge a book by its cover, Ron. I’ve only seen the guy a few times but I know he’s the greatest. If he could, he’d do anything and everything for Addy,” replied Cammie calmly.


“What do you mean ‘if he could’?” inquired Ron as the Healer left Hermione’s room.


“He doesn’t know that Adrianna’s his daughter,” said Cammie as she turned to look at the door beside her. When she looked back at Ron, he had a shocked and confused look on his weary face. “Lets go back in and see her, I think you’ve heard enough for now.”


With that, Cammie left Ron sitting there with his thoughts as she entered Hermione’s room slowly.


He doesn’t know? That doesn’t seem like the sort of thing Hermione would do. But then again, she never told me any of this and it’s been ten years. But still, a child is a big thing to leave out of conversation. Oh well, I might bring it up later, when Cammie isn’t around.


Ron stood and walked through to Hermione’s room, where he found Hermione standing by the window talking to Cammie about Adrianna’s birthday.


“I need it to be special, Cam’; you understand why. Everything needs to be perfect,” said Hermione as she looked out the window at the perfect day outside. “Why must nature mock me?”


“‘Mione, everything will be perfect, and nature isn’t mocking you. You get to leave in two days,” replied Cammie evenly as Ron came to her side.


“Yes, and for those two days I’m stuck in here finishing that story for work,” said Hermione as she turned away from the window and lay down on her bed.


“Work? I thought that Mr Peterson gave you a few weeks off,” started Cammie as she walked over to the bed and glared at Hermione. “Tell me you didn’t owl him and ask for some work like the last time you were here.”


Hermione looked away from her guiltily. “Well, I have to do something in here!” she argued with pleading eyes.


“Yes, you are. You’re supposed to be getting better, not making yourself stress more by working with deadlines like usual,” reasoned Cammie.


“You know very well that I want to live my life as normal. I don’t want people moping around feeling sorry for me. If I wanted that I’d go to my parent’s house. I stay here because I want to live what is left of my life as normally as possible.”


“Don’t speak like you’re dying, because you’re not; I’m not letting you,” said Cammie forcefully.


At that moment a young healer entered the room and walked directly over to Ron.


“Mr Weasley?” she asked.


“Yes?”


“There’s someone here to see you. They’re waiting just outside if you want to head out now,” she said simply before leaving briskly.


Ron turned to Hermione.


“Go, see whoever is out there. I’ll see you tomorrow?” she said, although she had a perplexed look on her face.


“Yeah, sure. See you tomorrow,” said Ron as he walked slowly out of the room. He looked to his left and sitting in the chair he had previously occupied was none other than Harry.


“Who were you visiting?” he asked as he stood and tried to look into the room.


Ron quickly blocked his view and said, “It’s a really long story, mate. Why don’t we go back to the Burrow tonight, and I’ll explain everything?”


“Yeah, aright; I’ve been missing your mums cooking anyway. Just let me apparate home and get Ginny and the kids.”


“Ok, see you in a bit,” replied Ron as Harry apparated away.


That was close. Oh well, a few minutes at home and Harry will forget all about this. He doesn’t know that Bill has Fleur at home with their daughter. And Fred and George are planning on being there too. He won’t remember a thing if they have anything to do with it.


Just as Ron was about to apparate, Hermione’s daughter Adrianna walked out of the room next door. She stared at him as she walked towards Hermione’s room. The moment she reached the door, she turned back to look at him again.


Ron smiled and apparated to his childhood home.

~

Hermione watched as Ron left the room. She turned to Cammie with a firm look.


“What did you say to him?” she asked.


“What do you mean?”


“He was looking strangely at me. Did you tell him anything?”


“Of course I didn’t! That’s all up to you, darling,” replied Cammie as Adrianna entered the room. She walked over and sat on Hermione’s bed.


“Mum, was that my dad out there?” she asked quietly.


After a long pause, Hermione replied, “Yes sweetie, it was.”




No bleepin’ way! I know you all saw it coming though. I’m not the best at covering things up, and you’re all highly intelligent people... Well, what are we all thinking? And even though it is explained in an upcoming chapter, just so there is no confusion and complaints, Harry knew Ron was at St Mungo’s because all Auror’s register their wands when they graduate so they can be found at any time. Within the next three chapters we have: Ron discovers that he is the father of Adrianna, following a fight that threatens to ruin Ron and Hermione’s chances all together, and Fleur with a black eye! Keep reading to find out! Please R&R! Love Lucia_Swanne.