Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An Honest Deed by inconceivablypunched

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Once again, a BIG sorry to the few readers that have read this; school and other stuff made getting on AIM long enough to write out a chapter a bit on the difficult side. Thanks for sticking with us.
Chapter Two- Pranked

Lily Evans walked towards the place where loud shouting was destroying the should-be silence. As she walked, she mulled over Remus' words. She couldn't believe that Potter would be trying to change. She especially couldn't believe that the Marauders weren't behind a prank.

Unfortunately, she had noticed the way Potter had been acting in classes. Whenever he stared off- surprisingly not at her- his face took on a lost look. Lily had noticed that he was different. She didn't want to notice anything about Potter; that was the downside. So when she finally did...well, she didn't want to.

Lily shook her head, getting rid of thoughts of Ja- Potter's idiosyncrasies.

The shouting had gotten louder, and she slowed down before turning the corner where rapid chattering caught her attention. Students in black and green robes crowded the area and were laughing among themselves on how colourful their mates looked. Some of them were covered in the same neon pink slime that was previously on the two Marauders.

In the centre of attention were three Slytherins who were explaining to other Slytherins what had happened. One of them had their head lowered and Lily could see that he looked angry. She forced her way through the mob, some of the students yelled in her ear and some tried to shove her back. Finally, she arrived at the core and stood in front of the three students, her arms akimbo.

"What in the name of Merlin is going on here?"

The one that was looking angry sneered. "Why don't you tell us what you think?"

"I think you should all go clean up and stop complaining about how the Marauders got you again. After so many years, I would have thought you Slytherins would be able to tell when a prank is at your door."

"I don't think that's why we’re standing here."

Lily looked around to see all the Slytherins smirking and oddly, happy. She didn't understand what was happening. What are they all smiling about?

The Slytherin stopped sneering to laugh in a manner that could only be termed “evil”. Lily liked him less and less every second. His cold black eyes were glinting in mischief, and his dark brown hair was hanging around his face dripping in pink goop; it would've been comical, had Lily not been somewhat afraid of laughing. "You always think everything that goes wrong is because of the Marauders? For being so...high and mighty, Mudblood, you sure hold them in high esteem."

"I don't. It is true- they always are behind every prank. Who else would pull a prank on Slytherins?"

"You've got a point there. They were behind this one," laughed one of the other three Slytherins. His black hair was cut short and spiked, and his wide eyes gave him a slightly crazed look. No matter how handsome he was, Lily didn't like him. "However...we got to it before they were able to."

"…before who was able to?"

"Who do you think, idiot!?" cried the third member. Lily saw now that it was a girl. She also had short hair of a muddy brown shade, which hung in waves around her face. "The Marauders, of course. Rovin, here, was able to find out about it.” She smirked through her eyelashes as “Rovin” and placed her hand on his arm. Rovin glanced slowly down at it and smirked. “And he turned it back on those stupid Gryffindors." Her face twisted in revulsion of the four young men.

"You turned it back on them? How?" asked Lily, not wanting to believe that Remus really had been telling the truth.

"Slytherin smarts of course," chuckled the spiky-haired young man. "Rovin- and I did my fair share- was able to tell when those blood traitors were planning a prank. He figured out the secret behind it, and I helped him come up with the counter curse."

"Yes, when that stupid Lupin and that twitchy Pettigrew tried to activate it on us and couldn't...well, they got slimed… more so than us anyway,” intoned the girl, her arm wrapped around Rovin’s.

Lily's had lost her breath somewhere in the middle of “Spike's” speech. She was breathing slowly and deeply now in an effort to get it back. The Slytherins apparently hadn't noticed. For that, she was thankful.

Rovin who stood a head taller than Lily smiled down at her. He took his arm from the girl’s (whose name happened to be Laurel) grasp and walked forward. "So, Evans, do we have a problem?" With a gesture, the other Slytherins cleared out with hoots. They were going to keep celebrating in the dungeons. "Go with them, Laurel." He kept his fierce gaze on Lily as he circled her. "Now, now. Tense, are we?"

“I think anyone would be with a vulture like you circling them,” Lily said coldly. She wondered where the bravery and boldness was coming from. Then she remembered; she was a Gryffindor. This was natural… wasn’t it?

Rovin stopped in front of her, and raised his hand, though he did not let it fly. “I don’t like the way you are talking to me, Carrot.”

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t use that name, Slytherin.”

“I’ll call you whatever I want, Mudblood.”

“Don’t you ever get tired of calling me that? Do you get tired of the monotony of ‘Mudblood this’ and ‘Mudblood that’?” Lily asked, standing up a bit taller.

-----


Remus and Sirius left James and Peter in the dormitory, and walked outside of the portrait hole to talk about their plans. Sirius took out the map he had stashed in his back pocket and flicked it open. Remus pointed his wand and whispered, “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.”

The inky black lines began to form and drew the outlines of Hogwarts. They flipped through the map and watched as little dots labeled with students and teachers moving around the floors. “Hey, there’s Lily. I thought she would have been in the library by now…” said Sirius.

“No… she left the common room to see the crime scene… She would’ve come back for her bag if she was going to go to the library. Wait, she’s not moving. And who’s that standing next to her? Isn’t that a Slytherin?”

“Yeah…Rovin Audrey. Not a nice guy. I wonder what going on…” Sirius’s voice trailed off.

“Let’s go see if she’s all right or if Audrey is…”

Sirius followed Remus as he led the way towards the area where the prank was suppose to be pulled off and not be pulled on. Before they turned the corner, they heard the voices of Lily and Rovin echoing to them and waited.

“…Mudblood! You think you are so great. But what will happen when you fall? You will fall hard! And I will be there and make sure you can’t get up again. No one will be there. None of your friends…”

“You’re all talk, Audrey. But””

A small gasp errupted and was followed by a short silence. Remus peeked behind the corner and saw the Slytherin clenching tightly Lily’s delicate arms. She was stiff; his face was close to her own and he seemed to be whispering something that caused Lily go white. His dark, tall frame hovered over her in the semidarkness. Remus pulled Sirius around the bend and toward the two students. “Hey! Get away from her!”

Rovin turned his face slightly, his icy blue eyes sparkled. His hand still held on to her arms. Lily was looking at her fellow Gryffindors as they ran to her, but her eyes were fearful and unseeing. She only turned to the noise; she was blind in this darkness. Rovin sudden grabbed her chin and kissed her. “A kiss to seal your fate. Watch your back, Evans. You don’t want a knife in it.” With that, he walked away and melded into the shadows of the corridor.


Authors’ Note- So, after a bit of arguing, we managed to finally finish chapter two. Sooooooo sorry it took so long. School, and all that. Chapter three is written, but, given the nature of how this story is being created, I have no idea where the story is going, or when we’re going to continue writing. *crooked smile*