Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Search for the Horcruxes by Ellorian

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Just a brief catching up with Harry and the people around him.

Harry woke up startled from a dream. However, unlike the usual terror and cold sweat, he arose with a feeling of melancholic reminiscence. He had been dreaming about Hogwarts - again. Ever since the catastrophe last year, Hogwarts had been closed: albeit closed and protected with layers of intense spells and silent wizards, armed to the teeth with magic. Normally as he woke up from one of these dreams, Harry felt a wave of remembrance, crashing down on him. Harry was puzzled that it hadn't happened this time.

As his eyes regained focus, he put on his glasses and glanced around the room. It was the same room he had shared with Ron the summer before his fifth year at Hogwarts, and it was still full of memories. How Dumbledore hadn't talked to him, how he had yelled at Ron and Hermione for not talking to him over the summer, and his feelings of dread over his hearing for using the Patronus Charm against some Dementors. Well, thought Harry. I thought those memories were bad, and they're nothing to the new ones I've made so far.

Hedwig's cage lay empty on top of the large wardrobe, which was currently full of his clothes. She was probably still on the way to the Burrow, delivering a letter to Ron and Hermione. They were trying to convince Dumbledore (not to mention the other member's of the Order) that they could be quiet and useful around headquarters. Dumbledore believed them fine, he was even on their side. Considering the last two summers had been filled with attacks when Harry was alone, his reasons were logical. The other members of the Order had the excuse of 'We don't want a bunch of rowdy seventeen-year-olds running around, disturbing our meetings'. Coincidentally, Dumbledore wasn't exactly the head of the Order, either. Since he had died, some odd, unknown spell had kept him communicating to the order through some sort of orb. Most people, like Lupin and Moody, were perfectly willing to take Dumbledore's advice, but some were absolutely against him and his ideas. Dumbledore believed that it would just take a sore blow in the fight against Voldemort before they listened - they all hoped that was true.

Harry startled as someone knocked at the door. "Harry? Are you awake?" Lupin called through the door.

"Just a second!" Harry replied. He quickly dressed, combed his hair, and opened the door.

Lupin had been looking a lot better lately. Ever since he and Tonks had revealed their feelings about each other, they had been a lot happier, and a lot more at ease. Tonks now had bubble-gum pink hair at least once a week. Lupin had a lot less wrinkles under his eyes, and had been a lot more positive, especially since a young, new, witch (who could expertly make the Wolfsbane potion) had joined the Order. His robes were no longer threadbare and worn (Tonks had taken him on a 'shopping spree' of sorts in Diagon Alley), and he was happy to actually be making progress with spreading awarement of Voldemort around. For a while (about a month or so), the loss of Sirius had taken a toll on him. He sat at the dinner table, barely touching Mrs. Weasley's delicious dinner, staring off into space, only talking when he had to answer a question or pass someone some food. Now though, he looked positively happy, and respected the fact that Sirius was still a sore topic for Harry. "Are you ready for breakfast?" he asked. "Molly has made enough food to feed a restaurant, and she's still complaining about how thin you are," he smiled.

"Yeah, I'm absolutely ready to eat," Harry said eagerly. He loved eating around headquarters; Mrs. Weasley always cooked wonderfully.

As they walked down the hall, they passed the heads of the house elves, and the troll-leg umbrella stand (now moved to a safe place in the corner so Tonks wouldn't continue to trip on it). Further down the hall, the picture of Sirius' mother had finally been taken down (and Vanished), and a picture of Sirius, roughly the same size, had been hung. As he passed the portrait, Sirius grinned at Harry, and he grinned and waved back. Though a sad part of Harry reminded himself his godfather was dead, and the portrait's enthusiasm was an imitation, he was glad to have some likeness of Sirius around - even if every time he saw it, it reminded him of just how far away he was from Sirius.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Good morning, Harry," Mrs. Weasley sang cheerfully. It was obvious that she was extremely happy, and that she wanted someone to ask what about.

Harry, grinning, asked, "What's making so you so happy this morning, Mrs. Weasley?" Harry continued, "It couldn't be anything about Ginny's OWLs, could it?" He grinned even wider.

"Oh, Harry, how on Earth did you know?" she asked joyfully. "Arthur just got them, back at the house, of course, this morning!" She took a deep breath and continued proudly, "She got all Outstandings, except for a Dreadful in Divination." Harry smiled as he remembered his OWL grades (and his horrible grades in Divination and History of Magic). "I know OWLs aren't really important anymore, I mean, since Voldemort came back and all, but I am so proud of her." She threw her arms around Harry in a smothering hug, then quickly pulled herself away, slightly embarrassed.
"I didn't think the fifth years had time to take OWLs beforeā€¦" Harry faded off, not sure what to call what had happened the year before. Mrs. Weasley obviously sensed his discomfort, because she immediately cut in with a response.

"Oh they had just finished the day of the incident," she said, bustling around the kitchen. "Now," She said, turning around, "Do you want toast, eggs, kippers, waffles, pancakes, coffee cake, bacon, sausage, orange juice, hash browns, French toast, a little of everything, or just something to drink?"

Harry was impressed at the list she had just rattled off, and couldn't decide just what he wanted. He decided to make her happy, and replied, "I think I'll have a little of everything, Mrs. Weasley," he grinned.
"Excellent, I'll just keep the extras warm for you then," she said, beaming.

Maybe this summer will work itself out, Harry thought. Maybe along with Mrs. Weasley's cooking, and Ron and Hermione, and working out where the rest of the Horcruxes are, I can finally remember Dumbledore, and Sirius, in peace. He sat down and tucked into a large plate of food - piled with quite a lot more than 'a little of everything'.