Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Phoenix Sister by xPhoenix_Tearsx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Tension between the two couples causes the four to confess their true feeling for each other. But will the happiness last?
The first couple of steps down Privet Drive were unbearably quiet. Harry and Hermione kept glancing at each other than back towards the sidewalk in front of them. Finally, Hermione couldn’t take it anymore.

“I can’t take it anymore! Ron! There’s something I need to tell you,” she blurted out. Harry, Ron, and Ginny practically jumped out of their shoes. Harry looked at her like she was mad. She stared back at him and heaved a great sigh.

“Ron, I think I…” she started, “Erm… I think I might…” She looked up at him. Ginny and Harry looked at each other. Harry shrugged, acting as if he had no idea what was happening.

“Ron, I think I love you!” she finally yelled.

Ron looked at her with a tense, confused look. Then, suddenly, his look softened and he walked toward her. Slow tears were running down her face. Ron put his hand on her cheek and wiped away her tears.
“You know what,” he said softly, to where she could only hear, “I think I love you too.” Then he took her in his arms and pulled her into a slow, passionate kiss. Harry looked at Ginny.

“Umm… well if this is a time for confessions… I need to talk to you,” he said to her and he started walking ahead of Ron and Hermione. “Walk with me?” he said. Ginny followed him and when they got a good 10 paces in front of Ron and Hermione, who were still entangled in themselves, Harry spoke again.

“Ginny, look. That day of the funeral, when I said that I didn’t want you to get hurt, I really meant it. I don’t want to be responsible for something that might happen to you. I don’t want to lose you. And I keep trying and trying to shake these feelings away but I can’t. I keep finding my thoughts creeping back to you, and there’s nothing I can do about it.” Harry paused to observe her reaction. She had that calm, serine look on her face that he loved.

“Oh Harry, I feel the same way. And I don’t know what to do. Because I respect what you’re trying to do for me. But Harry, I can’t help it. No matter how much I want to forget you I can’t. No matter how much I don’t want to love you… I can’t help it. Harry I love you. And I’ll never stop.”

“Ginny, I love you…” Harry said. He threw his arms around her and picked her up into a hug. Then he sat her down and brought her into a deep kiss. Hermione and Ron were now coming up behind them, and when they saw Harry and Ginny entwined together, Hermione let out a soft, “Ahem.” Harry and Ginny broke apart and looked at her.

“What?” Ginny replied. “We didn’t interrupt you two and your snogging.”
Harry laughed. Ron looked at him with an evil eye.

“Sorry, mate, but she’s right.” Harry teased, then took Ginny back in his arms and kissed her again. Hermione rolled her eyes and took Ron’s hand, beginning to walk back down the sidewalk. Ginny broke apart from Harry and laughed.

“Oh all right, let’s go Harry,” she giggled, also taking Harry’s hand.
They walked all the way down Privet Drive and past Wisteria Walk, down Looming Lane, and through an alleyway that lead them into a wooded area in which they started trudging through. Harry finally piped up and said, “Where in the name of Merlin are we going?”

“We’re going to an open area so we can Apparate,” Hermione replied.

“What? We’ve walked all this way so we can Apparate in an open area?” Harry practically yelled.

“Well, yes,” Hermione said, “we don’t want any muggles to see us.”

“Hermione… it’s almost 1 o’clock in the morning. What kind of a muggle is going to see us?” Harry retorted.

“A muggle like that,” Hermione said, pointing to a dark figure in the distance.

“Umm… Hermione. I don’t think that’s a muggle,” Ginny said.
She was right. The figure didn’t seem to be walking anymore. As a matter a fact, it didn’t even look like it was on the ground. It was gliding slowly and steadily along the grass, not making a sound at all. Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. The light breeze that was nicely blowing stopped abruptly and the air turned into an icy blanket making Harry shiver. Harry knew this feeling all to well, and immediately pulled out his wand. Just then, 4 more dark figures came out of the clearing, and 2 more from the woods.

“You guys we need to out of here,” Harry said.

“We can’t! We’re surrounded!” Hermione cried.

“Then we need to Apparate now!” Ron retorted.

“Ronald, don’t argue! Dementors can follow you even if you Apparate. It’s absolutely bonkers I know but it’s the truth!” Hermione shouted. “So if we Apparate to the Burrow we’ll just endanger your family!”

They were starting to panic now. 3 more dementors just appeared out of nowhere, and now they were completely surrounded. Harry tried to concentrate on something happy. Ginny… you just kissed Ginny. You love her and she loves you. He thought. He kept that thought in his head while he bellowed, “EXPECTO PATRONUM!” And, unlike other times when he had to repeat the incantation, a silvery stag erupted from his wand on the first try and started charging at the dementors. Harry ducked and pulled Ginny, Hermione, and Ron down with him as the dementors went flying everywhere trying to dodge the stag. And soon enough all of the dementors disappeared, along with the stag. Harry stood up and helped Ginny up.

“Are you guys all right?” Harry asked them, brushing some grass off of Ginny’s coat.

“I’m fine. Hermione are you alright?” Ron asked Hermione. But when he turned to her she didn’t reply. She was still on the ground clutching her stomach.

“Hermione?” Ron said, “Hermione!”
She had a deep wound cut into her stomach. “Hermione! Bloody hell… Harry, Apparate to my mum’s. Tell her that Hermione’s in trouble.”

Harry stood up quickly and nodded, “I’ll be back soon hold on Hermione.” And with a quick CRACK!, he was gone.