Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Perfect World by happyhooligan2001

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

A Perfect World

Chapter One

A Fateful Meeting

Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945. . .

Dumbledore’s chocolate frog card.

At first the Allies didn’t believe the stories of the death camps. They couldn’t believe that while Germany was fighting for its life it would use badly needed rail assets to move Jews around Europe just to kill them. It just didn’t seem logical.

The Illustrated Encyclopedia of World War II

 

Disclaimer: I don’t own the rights to the character Grindelwald. He is owned by J.K. Rowling. I don’t think anyone owns Hitler except maybe Satan. The views expressed in this story are those of two evil racist slime balls and don’t reflect the views of the author or any other decent person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berlin October 1937

Adolph Hitler, Chancellor of Germany, strode through the marble halls to his office. The building was grand but not grand enough. It was too old fashioned, too nineteenth century. It didn’t fit in with the new order. A new era had begun in Germany and it needed new architecture befitting with the new capitol of Europe. He had spoken with Albert Speer about it and he seemed enthusiastic. But just not yet. He had too much to do. Rebuild the economy. Build up the military. And most important of all, rid Germany once and for all of the cancer eating away at it, the Jews. Just thinking about them made him tremble with rage. They had betrayed Germany during the last war with their profiteering. Sucking the life out of the economy. Mixing their foul blood with that of pure Germans. They had no loyalty to anyone but themselves and their gold.

As he approached the door at the end of the hall the two SS guards flanking it clicked their heels together and thrust out their hands in a Nazi salute. Hitler responded with a salute of his own and one of the guards opened the door for him.

The first thing he noticed when he entered the room was the smell of tobacco. No one was permitted to smoke in his office. The surprise then turned into white hot rage THERE WAS A MADMAN IN HIS OFFICE! SOMEONE HAD LET A MADMAN IN AND HE WAS SITTING IN HIS CHAIR SMOKING A CIGAR! WITH HIS FEET ON THE DESK! HEADS WOULD ROLL FOR THIS!

“Guards! Guards!” he shrieked.

The two SS guards rushed in guns at the ready but the madman was already pointing a stick at them.

“Avada Kedavra! Avada Kedavra!”

Hitler saw a flash of blinding green light and heard a strange rushing noise. He turned and felt a icy grip of terror clutch at his heart as the two guards slumped to the floor and lay still. This was no madman, this was an assassin sent by his enemies. He had some kind of death ray. Hitler had heard stories that Tesla had been working on such devices in America but he didn’t put much stock in them until now.

“Good! Now we can talk like two civilized men.” The strange man said.

Hitler nudged one of the guards with his toe. “Are they dead?”

“Of course! I didn’t think it would be a problem. I noticed you have an electric telephone. You can always use it to get more guards. After we finish talking of course.”

Hitler turned back to the strange man. He had long blond hair like a woman tied back into a ponytail. His goatee was darker blond than his hair and he was wearing a strange red robe.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my office?!”

“My name is Grindelwald and I am here to warn you that the Thousand Year Reich is doomed.”

“How did you kill my guards?! And what is this treachery you speak of?!”

Grindelwald flicked the ashes from his cigar on the floor and Hitler felt fresh anger but he was still afraid of the death ray gun this stranger had on him somewhere.

“I killed your guards with magic. I am a wizard.”

Hitler’s eyes narrowed, unlike most muggles he did believe in magic and had a great interest in the occult. However he never imagined that such men walked the Earth. “And what of the Reich? Can you see into the future?”

“No, but I can see the past and I’ve seen what has happened to the great empires of the past.”

“What do you mean?”

“You are a great man Herr Hitler, but you won’t live forever. Alexander built a great empire but after he died his generals squabbled over it ripping it to pieces. Julius Ceasar was succeeded by his nephew Augustus, an able man, but later the Romans were ruled by emperors more interested in their own perversions. Attila was set to conquer Europe but then he died and the Huns fell back to squabbling among themselves. Who will rule the Reich after you?”

Hitler paced the floor. “And I suppose you and your wizard friends are willing to help.” he asked suspiciously. “Are there many of you?”

“No, only the most pure blooded Aryans can become wizards.” Grindelwald lied, “We are what the German people can become after all traces of impure blood is eliminated.”

Hitler paused, this was what his greatest dream was. A pure race. “So what can I do to preserve the Reich?

Grindelwald smiled, “Suppose you could live another thousand years. You wouldn’t have to worry about your successors. The Third Reich will endure. You could create a perfect world.”

“Impossible!”

“I have been in contact with certain powerful beings, you might have heard of some of them. They have gone by many names, Moloch, Baal, some of them were worshiped as gods by the Aztecs and they assure me that it is possible. There is a certain spell that I can cast. It had been attempted by wizards in the past but they have all failed because they haven’t quite gotten the offerings these beings demanded.”

“So, what do they want?”

“To start with they need you to kill twenty million people.”

“Ridiculous! No one can kill that many people!”

“A lesser man couldn’t but a truly great man could do it. It would take a lot of resources . Resources that you have been squandering. I understand that thousands of Jews have left Germany. ”

“I am ridding Germany of Jews. I don’t care if they leave or die as long as they are gone!”

“If you allow them to leave they will still plot against you. Even as we speak the Americans have built a huge vault at Fort Knox, Kentucky under the supervision of their Secretary of the Treasury , Henry Morganthau. A Jew! They plan to fill it with thousands of tons of gold! This way the Jews can manipulate the world price of gold enriching themselves. The only solution is total extermination!”

“But twenty million! There aren’t that many Jews in Germany!”

Grindelwald took a deep draw on his cigar. “Poland is stuffed with them. So is Western Russia. It will take time, probably years. But the entities I speak of are immortal, they are very patient. Also there are other undesirables besides the Jews.”

Hitler stroked his chin. “It would take years to prepare. Also invading Poland risks war with Britain.”

Grindelwald laughed. “The British are a weak and cowardly people. They were traumatized by the last war. They would never go to war over Poland. They have nothing in common with the Poles.”

“And twenty million lives would grant me a thousand years?”

“No, I’m afraid that’s just a down payment. It will give you a hundred years but once payment is made the entities will assist your troops and make your armies nearly invincible. For the whole thousand years it will take two hundred million lives but you will have plenty of time to sacrifice them. After a thousand years you will be considered a god. No one will ever remember that there ever were lesser races on the Earth. It truly will be a perfect world!”

Hitler smiled “The Thousand Year Reich will be built using their bones and ashes as a foundation!” Then he thrust out his hand. Grindelwald took it and they shook hands.

Grindelwald’s Castle, The Harz Mountains

 

Grindelwald apparated into the large hall with a pop. The beautiful young witch with the black hair had already lit a fire in the huge fireplace. She walked up to him and embraced him in the warm firelight. “I hope it went well Grindy. I hate you having to deal with those muggles!”

“Yes Cassiopeia, they are rather repulsive but the spell requires two hundred million lives to grant us immortality and there is no way we can kill that many people ourselves. The entities will require no less.”

“So how did you get him to go along?”

“I simply fed his paranoia and megalomania and led him to do what he wanted to do anyway.” Grindelwald laughed. “He actually believes the spell is for him and his precious Reich!”

Grindelwald knew that the spell had to succeed. He had actually met with the entities. The mere sight of them would drive a lesser wizard hopelessly insane. He knew what awaited him if he died before successfully casting the Great Spell. Eternity is an awful long time.

Hogwarts

The young black haired girl woke up with a start. Minerva clutched the sheets to her chest with white knuckles. She was safe here in Gryffindor tower with all the other first year female students but she still felt a sense of dread. A tear ran down her cheek. Somehow she sensed that something horrible was about to happen. Not just to her but to the whole world.