Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: A/N Okay guys, I've never written Harry Potter fiction before so if you could please give me reviews. I don't even care if you tell me it horribl. I would just like to know what you all think. Thank you so much!
Chapter 1: The Warning



Ginny sat silently in bed waiting for sleep. No matter what she seemed to do, sleep could not find her. She waited patiently as her mind filled with thoughts of him. Like any girl she mulled over everything he had said to her, trying to figure out if he liked her or not. But mostly she could remember his bright piercing green eyes and the way that his black hair fell just so on his forehead. Ginny sighed as she turned over in her bed.



She was still puzzling over the words he had told her that night before she went to bed. Harry had specifically stated, “Sleep well Ginny, and be careful!” What did she have to be careful about? She was in her house, and no harm could come to her while she was in the Burrow. Ginny looked around in the dark examining everything in her room. Hermione slept peacefully on the cot next to Ginny’s bed. Nothing seemed out of place as she suspiciously looked around. If something was going to happen, how did Harry know about it? Ginny could not find an answer to that question as it surfaced in her mind.



Her mind raced towards the next day, they would all be boarding the Hogwarts train and heading back to her fifth year at school. Of course for Harry it would be his sixth year. Looking up, Ginny realized that Harry slept right above her. ‘He must look cute in his pajamas, ’Ginny thought to herself as she smiled in the darkness. She jumped as Hermione giggled in her sleep and said, “Oh Ron!” Ginny held back the laughter that tenaciously desired to come out. Quickly she jumped out of bed and quietly left the room, trying not to wake up Hermione with her laughter.



In the hall, after the laughter subsided, Ginny decided that since she was out she might as well get a drink of water for her parched throat. She laughed quietly as she climbed down the stairs in her house. In the kitchen she retrieved a glass from the cupboard and filled it at the sink. Ginny gulped the water down graciously. She walked past the fireplace on the way back to her room. It was then that she noticed something.



In the fireplace a small blue flame burned. Ginny had never seen a fire with a blue flame in her fireplace. Knowing that even if Ginny was to return to her room she knew she would never go back to sleep. Accepting her fate, she decided to sit by the fire and watch the blue flame. Sitting there in a cozy chair near the flame became almost mesmerized. Suddenly out of the flame came two hands that latched onto her arms. Before Ginny could do anything, the hands pulled her into the flame.



* * * * * * * * *



Harry lay in his bed awake. He looked at Ron, who was out cold and even snoring. Harry examined the Chudley Cannon’s poster on the wall. He still couldn’t figure out why he had told Ginny, hours earlier, that she needed to be careful. It was only a dream, but his dreams were not like normal peoples dreams. He hadn’t told anyone of the dream, for fear they would not believe him. But mostly he didn’t want to let them know why Ginny was in the dream. Harry couldn’t explain it himself, so how could he explain it to his friends or Ginny. Warning her, was the best protection he could give Ginny. Hopefully she would heed his words.



Harry pulled the sheets around tighter as he prepared to go to sleep. Yet, sleep did not seem appealing, especially if he was going to have that dream again, and see Ginny dead. He stopped that train of thought and remembered the last time in the Chamber of Secrets when her body was so lifeless. Harry didn’t want to see her like that again, pale face and body so cold. He would have never forgiven himself if he had let her down back then, or even now.



A small screech shattered his reverie. He looked over at Ron who slept soundlessly. “Ron? Did you hear that?” Harry whispered. Ron smiled in his sleep and raised an eyebrow. “Ron?” Harry tried one more time. No answer. Harry shrugged off his friend, more curious about who or what had made that noise. Harry slipped out of the room and cautiously walked down the stairs. He pulled his wand out of his sleeping robe.



When he reached the fireplace, it was lit with a bright blue flame. He looked around cautiously, thinking that he would find Mr. or Mrs. Weasley sitting in one of the chairs watching the fire. To his surprise nobody was there. Shrugging, Harry moved to sit in one of the chairs. He watched the blue flame mesmerized by its movements. It seemed to call to him, almost as if he could hear his own name.



“Harry!” Ginny’s voice urgently whispered. Harry jerked his head around searching for Ginny. She was no where in the empty room. Her voice echoed in the room strangely again. Harry, this time, moved around looking behind the chairs wondering why Ginny would hide from him. “Harry!” Ginny called again a little louder. He followed the sound to the fire place. Looking down Harry noticed the blue flame flicker strangely.



“Ginny?” Harry asked as he moved towards the fire. He knelt before it waiting for Ginny to call him again, wondering why the flame moved when she talked. Suddenly Ginny’s face appear in the fire, Harry jerked backwards with surprise. “Help me Harry! It’s...” she cut off as her face disappeared back into the flame.



“GINNY!” Harry yelled into the fire. She appeared again, “Hurry, it’s only a matter of time before...” Ginny disappeared and then reappeared. Her face filled with terror as she looked back, a hand clasped her hair and jerked her back. A laugh echoed in the room as Harry stared worriedly into the fire. Without waiting a moment more he put his hand into the blue fire and felt as though he was being sucked through a large blue straw.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Hermione shook Ron awake. He turned over mumbling, “It’s too early. Go back to bed Harry.”



“Ron, it’s me, Hermione. Wake up!” Hermione whispered fiercely as she tore the blankets from Ron’s grasp.



“What do you want?” Ron asked confused as he sat up in shock.



“Ginny’s not in her bed and it looks like Harry’s gone too,” Hermione answered her voice etched with worry.



“Well why don’t you find them and let me go back to sleep,” Ron grumpily answered trying to retrieve the blankets.



“I would but I’m not going without you,” Hermione replied embarrassedly. Ron looked over at Harry’s empty bed in surprise.



“I don’t want to go alone. I heard something downstairs.”



“It’s probably them,” Ron sighed. “Can I have my blankets back?”



“Not until you come downstairs with me,” Hermione firmly demanded.



“Alright, alright. Let’s get this over with,” Ron shook his head with frustration as he slid his legs over the edge of the bed and put his slippers on. “You’ll see they’re just getting a midnight snack or something.”



“I hope your right,” Hermione said as she opened the door and pulled out her wand. Ron rolled his eyes as he walked out the door. Hermione glared at the back of his head as she followed him out of the room.



Ron lead the way down the stairs with his wand drawn. He had relcutantly pulled it out knowing that Hermione would feel more comfortable. It was his own house and nothing could go wrong within the walls of his home. His parents were here and that was enough for him.



Hermione was close on his heels with her hand nervously squeezing his shoulder. She hadn't dreamed up that noise. It scared her even more when she found that both Harry and Ginny were missing.



“See there is nothing down here,” Ron quietly whispered as they stepped onto the main floor. Although the fact that nobody was on the main floor, made him a little more apprehensive. He was sure that if Harry and Ginny were out of bed that they would be in kitchen. Yet in the blue light Ron could see that the kitchen was empty. “Wait a second we’ve never had a blue flame in….” Ron began to say but was interrupted.



“Ron! Look!” Hermione gasped as she pointed to the blue flame. A foot quickly disappeared into the blue flame. “It was Harry, he didn’t see us. He just got sucked up into the blue flame!”



“You’re seeing things Hermione,” Ron accused as he rubbed his eyes and looked at the blue flame. “When has there ever been a blue flame in my fireplace?”



“Ron, that’s not normal. Something is terribly wrong. We should go and wake your parents,” Hermione replied looking frightened at the flame.



“It’s just a blue flame. Maybe mum’s got a new blue flame that burns at night instead of the normal color flame,” Ron shrugged off her suggestion. "You women are always getting fashionable things that are so worthless."



“We should wake your mum and dad,” Hermione stated as she watched the flame.



“Harry’s not in trouble. He’s just out for a walk with Gin’. See look this fire is safe,” Ron told her plainly as he put his hand towards the flame. “It’s not even hot. Besides a little blue flame cannot suck people up, you need floo powder for that.”



“Ron wait!” Hermione yelled as she grabbed his other hand, as soon as his fingers came near the flame, they were both sucked into the flame. Their last cries of surprise gone, leaving the Burrow quiet and peaceful.