Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 10 One Thing


Harry pushed open the door to Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. He didn’t see her anywhere. Although the bathroom looked exactly like he remembered, the night he had gone to save Ginny. Harry looked hesitantly at the opening to the Chamber of Secrets.

“You went down there?” Hermione asked disgusted.

“Yep,” Ron answered with a shrug. “But this time I have a feeling that it won’t be as easy. Something is down there, waiting for us.”

“What do you think it is?” Harry questioned hoping that Ron wouldn’t voice his owns thoughts of what the Chamber contained.

“I don’t know. But I have a bad feeling about it,” Ron said
blankly.

“Do you think that we shouldn’t go in?” Hermione inquired.

“Is there any other way to go?” Harry wondered.

“Probably not,” Ron replied defeated.

“We could try and of the doors in the hallways,” Hermione insisted.

“They’ll probably just lead us back to here,” Ron told her plainly.

“Ron’s right you know. Bellatrix wants us to go only her way. I doubt that we could deviate from her path,” Harry said.

“I’m going to at least try,” Hermione informed them as she walked from the bathroom.

“Hey wait up! I’m not letting you go alone,” Ron shouted as Hermione left the bathroom. Following her, Ron disappeared out the door.

Harry stood all alone in the bathroom. He knew his two friends would show up in a minute, walking through the same door thinking that it would lead them somewhere new. The Chamber of Secrets stood behind him almost beckoning to him. He had to know if Ginny was down there. Harry had to know if she was safe. He didn’t want to wait for his friends. There was too much on the line to play around with the strange illusions that Bellatrix kept giving them. Harry shook his head and jumped down into the Chamber of Secrets.

Everything was just as Harry remembered as he walked through the dark caves under the school towards the Chamber of Secrets. As he came closer the door was already opened into the Chamber. He cautiously walked in, remembering what Ron had said only a few minutes earlier. His heart was beating fast and for some strange reason his hands were sweaty. He nervously wiped them on his pajamas. In his mind over and over again he repeated these simple words, “She can’t be dead.”

His eyes focused on the small pale figure in the middle of the floor. Harry held his breath as his eyes fell onto the figure. As soon as he recognized the flaming red hair, Harry ran towards Ginny’s body. She laid the way he had first seen her in the Chamber of Secrets, except the diary and Tom were missing. Without thinking Harry snatched up Ginny’s hand. “Wake up Ginny. Please wake up!” Harry spoke to her softly. He gently put her head in his hands. Harry gazed at her silent face that was pale and cold. He caressed her check as he quietly spoke to her. “Ginny, it’s me, Harry. Wake up.” She made no movement. Fear started to build up in the pit of his stomach. He couldn’t leave her there to die. Harry moved and situated himself so that he could pick her up. As he slid his arm under her, Ginny moaned. He about jumped back startled. She was still alive but for how long. Harry knew that he had to get her out of here; he slid his arm underneath her back again.

Ginny moaned again. Harry was confused. Why couldn’t he move her without causing her distress? He looked down at her arm and could see that it was broken. She had been hurt. Harry quickly scanned over the rest of her body. He noticed the dried blood on her other hand. It didn’t take him long to decide who had done this to her. Harry angrily looked around for Bellatrix.

“Did you do this to her?” Harry shouted searching the darkness around him. His was furious. Ginny was hurt badly and Bellatrix had done this to her. He was seething with fury. Harry got up and pulled out his wand, hoping that he could get revenge.

“Of all the emotions I expect from you, I didn’t plan on this one,” Bellatrix voice echoed in the Chamber. “You disappointed me. Ah, Harry I guess you must know that is one strong girl. She’s of course deserved all the pain that she has received from me…”

“I’ll kill you if you touch her again,” Harry threatened.

“…And believe me, there is more pain in store for her if the little wench keeps on trying to escape. The silly girl should know better. You are the only one who can save her. I will only let that happen if you give me one thing in return.”

Harry searched the chamber his mind processing what she had said. He hoped to find her and end this nightmare once and for all. Suddenly it had occurred to him what Bellatrix had said. She wanted something from him. What could he possibly have that she wanted? Instantly it was obvious to him. Bellatrix wanted to trade, Ginny’s life for his own.

“Harry?” Ginny said softly. Harry jerked his head to look down at her. Ginny’s eyes were slightly opened. He got down on his knees and again put her head in his hands.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked as he caressed her face.

“Don’t give Bellatrix what she wants,” Ginny whispered. “I’ll be okay.” Ginny’s body shivered in his hands and then went limp again. Harry leaned over her body. He never felt such strong emotions in his life. But he knew what he was going to do. He was willing to give up his own life to save Ginny’s. Harry spent a moment soaking in her features knowing that it maybe the last time he will see her again. He heard a noise behind him. Harry turned to see Bellatrix smiling and then everything faded away.



**************



“Harry,” a voiced called bring him around. “Are you alright?”

“I’m okay,” Harry muttered as he sat up slowly. He didn’t remember where he was. The world around him seemed to spin.

“You shouldn’t have left without us,” Hermione’s voice angrily stated.

“I’m sorry,” Harry said.

“Leave him alone, he’s still trying to get a hold of things,” Ron replied.

The room slowly stopped spinning. Harry looked around. He noticed that he lay on the floor not to far from where Ginny had been. Ginny! Harry jerked his head trying to look around Hermione and Ron to see if Ginny was still there. “Where is she? What happened to her?” Harry asked desperately.

“Who are you talking about? There was no one here but you when we arrived,” Hermione answered confused. Her eyes watched him with curiosity. They had only been gone a moment. Hermione had opened one of the doors that went to a classroom only to Ron and her standing in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. It was then that she had to grudgingly acknowledge that Ron and Harry were right. It was Ron who noticed that Harry wasn’t in the bathroom. They had quickly gone into the Chamber of Secrets to find Harry out cold on the floor. She knew that something had happened and she hoped that this time he would tell them.

“What happened to you?” Ron asked. Hermione was glad that it was not her asking again. She smiled at Ron who in turn grinned broadly at her.

Harry rubbed his head trying to collect his thoughts. When he finally decided what he was willing to divulge, Harry retold his story. He left out many things, but not the important things. Ron was furious when Harry told them about Ginny’s broken arm and that Bellatrix had threatened to do more. Harry told them about Bellatrix wanting something from him. And this fact stumped them all.

“If she wanted to kill you, she had a perfect opportunity to do that, but she didn’t,” Ron pointed out.

“What else do you have that she could want?” Hermione asked.

Harry’s mind was on the necklace round his neck. Maybe it wasn’t just a normal necklace. He didn’t voice his thoughts, afraid of what his friends would say about him wearing Ginny’s necklace. Instead he said, “Let’s go, we can ponder this question on the way. We have to save Ginny before Bellatrix kills her.”

Ron and Hermione nodded slowly.

“Where do we go from here?” Ron asked.

Harry nodded to the door at the statues feet.

“That wasn’t there before.” Hermione said.

Harry shrugged. He didn’t care. Ginny was all that matter. He slowly stood and then when he got his balance, Harry headed over and opened the door. His friends filed in behind him as he walked into the elaborately decorated room. Harry eyed the coffin apprehensively. His worse fears were confirmed as the door slammed shut behind them