Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Choice

As soon as Harry fell to the ground, he sprung to his feet; ready with his wand in hand. To his surprise he stood alone in a strange small room. There was a chair and a small desk and no other door. Harry’s first instinct was not to trust his surroundings. He hesitantly examined the desk looking for any sort of traps. A large file sitting on the desk caught his eye. As he looked closer his heart skipped a beat. Ginny Weasley’s name was written in big letters on the side. Looking around again, Harry wondered where he was. The little room made Harry feel slightly claustrophobic. His fears were overcoming him, in realization he pushed them down and gained control. He reminded himself that his fear for Ginny’s life could not overtake him and it was only a file, nothing more. He stared blankly at the file.

The file seemed to beg Harry to open and read it. Harry guiltily glanced around. He knew that nobody could read his mind, but he felt someone’s eyes upon him. He shrugged off the feeling and sat in the chair. His curiosity got the better of him; he wanted to know who was keeping a file on Ginny. Upon opening the file Harry realized that it was Ginny’s journal. The front page read, “Ginny Weasley’s Thought of Harry Potter”. He quickly shut it knowing that she would be mad if she knew. Harry set the file back down on the table.

The off-white folder called to him, begging to be opened. He fought himself on whether he should read the contents. His reasoned that it was okay to read since it was about him, but that idea quickly sank. Harry swallowed hard as a thought entered his mind. He wondered if any information in there would help him find her. His thoughts jumped to conclusions and finally he picked up the large folder and began to read.



Today I spend another whole night talking with Harry. I wish there is more I could do for him to ease his pain. I hope that when he does confide in me that it will help him. I told him that he can’t blame himself for Sirius death. Anyone could have made the same mistake. I’ve old him that loads of times and yet this time I think is sank in.

Something strange happened tonight. While the sun was setting, I was talking to him and all of a sudden his whole face changed. His face was so gentle and kind, I hesitate to say it, in fears of getting my hopes up, but even loving. I’ve dreamed of him looking at me like that. I’m not sure if I really saw it or if my mind was playing tricks. I’ve loved Harry and although I’ve date other boys, none of them compare to him. No matter if Harry loved me back or not, I will always love him.

Ginny Weasley


Harry sat silently stunned for a moment, soaking up the words of Ginny’s diary. Ginny still loved him. He felt his cheeks become warm. Harry couldn’t figure out why he was blushing. He was extremely embarrassed that Ginny had said those things, or was it something more. Harry wasn’t sure. It donned on him that the whole file was filled with things that Ginny felt about him. His mind was reeling, he couldn’t figure out what Ginny could have written about. Harry blankly looked down and knew that he would read it all. He had to know. Turning the page Harry immersed himself further into Ginny’s heart.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Ron watched as Harry disappeared before his eyes. “Oh great! Now what?” Ron asked defeated. The door before them had no doorknob. They were stuck in a room with a coffined boggart. He looked to Hermione dubiously.

“I don’t know!” Hermione answered hysterically. She was sure that since Harry was gone that he would be dead soon. There was no way that she could explain her feelings but she had a suspicion that Harry would easily give his own life to save Ginny’s. Her eyes locked with Ron’s, but she really didn’t see him. Her mind was working hard, trying to find the missing pieces to Bellatrix’s puzzle.

Ron stared back at her with a determined face. Without Harry, Ron felt as though he need to be the leader. Yet, Ron had no idea what to do. Hermione’s blank face stared at him, waiting. Ron opened his mouth, but instead of saying what he had planned instead he replied, “That really hurts.” Everything went black.

Hermione caught Ron just before he hit the floor. She laid him slowly down crumbling beneath his weight. His face was pale and ghost like.

“Ron?” She urgently called out, kneeling next to him. He didn’t respond. Hermione raised her voice, “Ron!”

Again, he made no reaction. She looked to his shoulder only to find it was bleeding worse than ever. It was bubbling with green slime that she hadn’t noticed before. The affects of the Erkling. Tears began to pour down her cheeks as she ripped a long strip of cloth from her robe and began to bind his wound. She called to him as she cleaned up the puss.

“Ron, Ron!” She begged watching his body hoping that he would move. “Please, Ron get up!”

His lips seemed to turn whiter. Hermione couldn’t stand it and began to panic. “Please,” She whispered putting the finishing touches on the bandage. Then she quietly continued as though it were revelation, “I love you…I love you so much. I have to tell you, I want you to know. Please Ron, I love you!”

The doorknob less door swung open behind Hermione, revealing Bellatrix. Hermione was so engrossed in Ron; she didn’t notice Bellatrix enter the room.

“If only it were so easy,” Bellatrix announced as she raised an eyebrow at Hermione.

Shocked, Hermione jumped to her feet, wand pointed at Bellatrix’s throat. “He’s going to die!” Hermione shouted. “I’ll kill you, if he dies!”

Bellatrix smiled her evil smile. Hermione wavered in her piercing stare. She knew that look on Bellatrix’s face. Somehow once again Bellatrix had the upper hand on the situation. Something bad was going to happen.

“If you kill me I won’t be able to save his life,” She sneered.

Hermione froze with confusion. Why would Bellatrix save Ron? She waited a moment wonder if it was a trick. Her mind couldn’t grasp the concept. Bellatrix had put them through several death traps and now promised to save Ron. Hermione looked at her waiting to see if Bellatrix would give away some secret. She couldn’t believe her, but Ron lay dying. Hermione trembled with fear. Her mind torn down the middle, with Ron at the center, she didn’t know what to do. Bellatrix might just kill him, or she might save him. Either way Ron was dying and time was running out.

"Help him!" Hermione told Bellatrix sternly.