Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry it's been so long. I hope you enjoy!
As Harry shut the file containing Ginny’s journal his mind was busy with so many thoughts and feelings. His first impression was that he never knew that girls were so analytical and observant. Yet the feeling that stood out most was a greater understanding of the girl he thought he knew. Harry had always just looked at her as his best friends little sister, but it seemed now that she was a beautiful young girl who was intelligent, fun and very kind. As those thoughts crossed his mind, his heart burned with a feeling he never experienced before. He stood up resolutely; it was time to rescue Ginny.

A door slowly appeared to the right of Harry as he stood up from the chair. He looked at it with a new determination to find Bellatrix and save Ginny. Leaving the file on the desk, Harry walked up to the door and dauntlessly opened it. He stepped forward with a more confident air than ever before. Ginny had written that Harry was capable of doing anything, and he would prove her right and save her now. Touching the necklace under his robe and he made a promise in his heart that he would not let her down.

Walking through door he appeared in a dark street that was lighted as though flashlights were hung from poles. As Harry looked down the street of houses he realized he was in the neighborhood he hated the most. There down the street he saw the familiar home of his Aunt and Uncle. The place was revolting to him, he had left from that appalling place a week ago and yet it was too soon to see it again. Harry looked at the silent houses, but his eyes were quickly drawn to the commotion at the end of the street. Two figures stood in the darkness; one was struggling and the other seemed to hold up against the strife.

“Harry!” Ginny’s muffled call sent him running down the long street to the other end. The figures seemed to fight against each other, suddenly Ginny cried out in pain and the contention ended. Harry in fear ran as fast as his legs could take him.

“LET HER GO!” Harry yelled angrily with his wand ready and his eyes flashing with anger.

“What will little baby potty do to me?” Bellatrix spoke in a child’s voice mocking Harry. She laughed. “Go on Potter, I dare you to try anything!”

Harry stopped at those words. He was only a few yards from where Ginny stood. Her eyes were large with fear. It was not a fear for herself but for him. Harry looked at her pallor face that seemed to beg him to not come any closer. He looked up into Bellatrix’s face that held a wicked smile as though waiting for a finale.

“Come on Potter, save your little bratty girlfriend,” Bellatrix taunted him. Her eyes watching him closely as a strand of dark hair fell into her gaunt face. When Harry didn’t move she continued, “I could cast a quick spell on this beastly little girl and she would do anything I say…”

Without knowing it Harry had flinched causing a reaction from Bellatrix.

“What’s the matter? Are you worried about this little minx that will die, that is if you don’t do what I want?” Bellatrix snarled.

“What do you want me to do?” Harry yelled exasperated.
Ginny’s eyes watched Harry carefully. It was as though she was trying to tell him something.

“You’re a stupid idiot if you haven’t figured it out yet!” Bellatrix snapped back. “I’ll kill you here and now. Not exactly the plan but the Dark Lord will make me his right hand when I return with you and your friends’ dead bodies.”

At that moment Ginny’s eyes glowed with a fire of fury as Bellatrix yelled out her last word. It was this moment that Ginny had been waiting for, she couldn’t escape without help, but with Harry in the room she had a chance. She had spent the last hours figuring out exactly how she could escape but it involved a second person that she didn’t have. It was time now to put it into action. Ginny winked at Harry as she prepared the hardest struggle she had done yet.

Bellatrix’s arm held Ginny in front of her own body. The arm was solid tight against Ginny’s two hands that were pressed tightly against her chest, but since Ginny was quite skinny she quickly wiggled free and slipped out of her grasp. A wrenching pain seized her whole body as her broken arm was jolted by the escape. Falling to the ground at Bellatrix’s feet in pain, Ginny looked up at Harry and smiled at the success her escape. She saw Harry’s face become determined as he called out, “Stupefy”.

Bellatrix was so surprised by the rapidity of Ginny’s movements and her being able to wiggle free, that she hadn’t even thought about Harry’s attack. In moments the red flash of the spell hit her and she fell unconcious to the floor with a dull thud.

Ginny sprang up from the floor and ran to Harry giving him a hug. He still stood with his wand ready for Bellatrix to move, as Ginny hugged him with one arm.

“Oh Harry, I was so scared!” Ginny told him with relief.

“It’s alright now. Are you okay?” He asked without taking his eyes off of Bellatrix.

“My arm is throbbing, but before we fix it, let’s get out here,” Ginny tugged gently on his pajama sleeve with her good arm.

“We need to find Hermione and Ron,” Harry told her looking at her for the first time. His green eyes seemed to gently smile at her.

“They’re here?” Ginny asked shocked.

“Yeah, but I don’t know where,” Harry said quietly. He turned his eyes back Bellatrix who was still frozen. “We should get out of here quickly.”

“But how?”

“Let’s try the Dursley’s door,” Harry stated. “We should hurry though; I don’t know how long she will stay that way….” He paused. Harry's eyes grew hard and face becoming darkened with intense emotion. “I should kill her.”

“No, Harry, don’t! Please don’t. Let’s just get out of here,” Ginny begged. She knew he could easily kill Bellatrix for murdering Sirius, but Ginny also knew that he would regret it for the rest of his life.

He looked at her and she could see a mix of anger and love in his eyes. Harry seemed to be fighting a battle in his mind and as Ginny begged him. “Please,” Ginny tenderly pleaded.

Harry’s emotion seemed to stop as he saw Ginny’s eyes fill up with tears. He couldn’t kill Bellatrix in front of her. Besides he had never killed anyone before and that scared him. The anger that took over him was almost stronger than him, but he quickly quelled it as he looked at Ginny’s soft beautiful features. He gave in with her last plea. Grabbing Ginny’s hand, they ran to the Dursley’s door, leaving Bellatrix behind.

Harry held tightly to Ginny’s hand as he walked through the door. He had lost Ron and Hermione; he was not going to lose Ginny now that he had found her. Harry kept to himself the fears about escaping this place that they were, and ever finding Hermione and Ron. He didn’t want to scare Ginny, but he was worried himself. Deep down inside he feared that none of them would ever return alive.