Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Enjoy my friends! I hope you like it!
As Ron turned the handle, fear almost over took him as the door knob would not twist any further and the door would not budge. He swallowed hard and looked back at Hermione who stood in anticipation. Her eyes were full of hope as she watched him. Ron knew that she was relying on him, and he couldn’t let her down. He turned the knob with all his strength only to find that it wouldn’t turn further and the door was solid as a cement wall.

“It’s locked,” Ron told her defeated as he walked away from the door. He dropped himself into one of the cozy chairs by the fireplace.

“Let me try some of the spells I know, “Hermione told him hopefully. She began trying every spell that she knew that could possibly open the door even the one she had used earlier that had surprised Harry. With each spell that rebound off the door it crushed her hopes further and further. No matter how low her hopes were she continued to try everything against the door, Hermione worked with a fervor. She didn’t want Harry or Ginny to die, but mostly her thoughts were of Ron. Hermione didn’t know why, but she was more worried about him than she was about her own safety. She wouldn’t give up, she just couldn’t.

After a long while of Hermione trying all her spells on both doors, Ron said, “Give it up ‘Mione. Bellatrix made us her prisoners. We have to wait for our next move.”

“But why? Why not kill us?” Hermione angrily asked throwing another useless spell on the door.

Ron’s eyes were glazed over with deep thought. “I’m sure that Harry is in some serious trouble…Ginny too. I don’t know why, but I think we are the insurance if anything happens to Ginny.”

“That’s crazy!” Hermione crossly retorted as she walked over to him. “Ginny’s not going to die and neither are we. We’re going to find a way out of here.”

“How?” Ron replied blankly. He had accepted defeat and waited patiently for Hermione to realize that there was nothing more they could do but wait. Bellatrix had something more up her sleeve and he was going to wait for the right moment to save Hermione. He didn’t know how it would work, but Ron didn’t worry about it. The right time would come and things would work out perfectly. All he needed to do was wait for Bellatrix to show up. He pushed away the fear that wondered if she would ever come.

“What about upstairs? I’m sure there should be a way out up there,” Hermione hopefully thought aloud. She looked at Ron who sat pale and tired in the cozy chair. Angrily she glared at him. “I’m going to do everything I possibly can to make sure that we can’t get out of here. There has to be a way. I’m not giving up and neither should you!”

Ron moved into a comfortable position as he watched Hermione storm up the stairs. He knew she wouldn’t find a way out that is unless Bellatrix wanted them to be free. Ron was positive that they were prisoners, the question was how long? He closed his eyes, extremely tired and knew that a nap would do him some good. Beside Hermione would wake him up if she found anything and if anything happened. He quickly fell asleep, feeling extremely tired.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Harry and Ginny stepped out into a cave that was lit with torches. Harry’s wand was in his right hand ready for any danger. In front of them several passages lead in different directions. Harry looked behind them to see that the door disappeared and behind it was only a dead end. The ground beneath their feet was soft wet earth. An echo of dripping water filled their ears as they took in their surroundings. The cave was damp and cold, Harry could feel Ginny shiver next to him.

“Are you cold?” Harry asked concerned.

“I’m fine,” Ginny answered still shivering. “There is something about this cave that gives me a bad feeling.”

Harry examined the cave cautiously and suddenly received a deep foreboding feeling that seemed to creep throughout his body and chilled his heart. His body involuntary shivered also. He felt as though there were eyes watching him, but he couldn’t seem to figure out from where. Harry still held Ginny’s hand tightly, her soft touch warmed him even though the ominous feeling pervaded. He wanted to tell her that he was glad to have her there, but his mouth couldn’t say what he thought.

“Harry?” Ginny asked quietly.

His eyes examined her brown ones waiting for an answer. Her face was pale still and she wore a pained expression. A tear fell from one eye as she swallowed hard.

“What’s the matter?” Harry frowned with worry.

“My arm, could you fix it? I don’t have my wand with me,” Ginny answered bravely trying to ignore the searing pain that shot through her arm.

“Oh! I’m so sorry,” Harry quickly said. He reluctantly let go of her hand and positioned himself to fix her arm that she limply held out. Harry called out “Reparo!”

Ginny felt the bone move and the pain lessened. She let out a sigh of relief as the pain eased. “Thanks Harry,” Ginny told him quietly. Her checks flushed, but with her head down Harry didn’t see her blush.

"Are you feeling better?” Harry questioned. Worry filling his features.

“I’m much better, but a bit tired.” Ginny frowned. She was surprised herself at how tired she was. Trying to shake off that exhaustion, she walked forward towards the different tunnels.

“So am I, let’s get moving before Bellatrix finds us. Which tunnel do you think?” Harry wondered as he looked at the different passages. Each passageway was the same and there was no difference from one tunnel to the next.

“I think we should try this systematically, let’s start with the farthest one to the right,” Ginny said also noticing that there were not distinguishing factors to the tunnels. “Where do you think it leads?”

“I don’t know, but I hope we find Ron and Hermione before we leave this trap,” Harry answered walking forward to the tunnel that Ginny had indicated. As he moved down the tunnel in front of Ginny he wanted to reach back and hold her hand again, but decided against it. His mind wondered if the file had not been real at all, besides he wasn’t even sure of his own feelings. Harry struggled with these thoughts and other fears. He was afraid at every turn and bend in the cave tunnel expecting to see Bellatrix or some deadly creature.

As they continued, what seemed like a long time following the cave tunnel, Ginny seemed to walk slower and slower. They had found many different forks in the road and Harry could no longer remember which way they had come. Harry worried if they would make it out alive. He had no more hope that they would escape from Bellatrix. Harry tried not to despair but he couldn’t help but losing hope at every turn of the maze. The foreboding feeling did not leave him either, it seemed to have grown. As they continued on and with each step Ginny seemed more and more exhausted. Harry stopped a few times to ask her if she was okay. Her eyes filled with determination and Ginny told him that she could continue despite her growing weariness.

For a no apparent reason, Ginny felt completely exhausted. She could hardly stand anymore or keep her eyes open. All she could do was hope that her feet would continue to follow Harry. With him in front of her she could continue forward, but her body felt weaker and weaker. Her hope died with every turn. Despair seemed to overtake her mind. She wanted to sit down and cry, but she had to follow Harry. Ginny gave her whole strength just to stay awake and follow Harry, but something was wrong, terribly wrong. Her depression was so strong she wanted to sleep. She knew that they would both die, Bellatrix would get them. There was nothing they could do. It was hopeless to do anything. When she finally decided to tell Harry it was too late, her knees gave out and she crashed to the floor exhausted. She saw Harry’s concerned face swimming in a cloud of darkness until if finally consumed by a dark despair that lured her into a depressed sleep.