Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Forgotten Adventure by Naomi Evans

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I hope this isn't too sappy, let me know and I will change it. Thanks for reading everyone!
Chapter 17


Ron awoke with a start. He looked around at the familiar room of his home, but something didn’t feel quite comfortable about it. His mind was hazy as he stood up wondering what had disturbed his sleep. Ron could hear a soft sobbing that at intervals became very loud and then softened quickly. Wondering who would be crying, the memories came to him like a slap on the face. A fear grew in Ron as he worried about what could have happened to Hermione while he was sleeping. He cursed himself for being so stupid to leave Hermione by herself. Anything could have happened to her while he was asleep.

He scrambled around the room trying to find the source of her crying. At least Ron hoped it was her crying, he would hate himself for the rest of his life if he had let anything happen to Hermione. He suddenly remembered that she had gone upstairs. Taking the stairs two at a time, Ron tried to keep a level head. At the first landing there was no sign of her, only the closed doors. He quickly ascended the next set of stairs, toward the top of the tower. Upon reaching the last step he could hear the sobbing more clearly. He looked into the tower room where normally the ghost in his house would be, but found it empty except for Hermione who sat kneeling with her knees outward crying into her hands. His fears melted away, all he wanted to do was to comfort Hermione.

“It’s okay,” Ron concernedly rushed forward and put his arm comfortingly around her.

Hermione looked up at him through her tears, her beautiful large brown eyes glistening with sparkling tears. Ron couldn’t help but think that she was sadly beautiful and he would do anything to make her stop crying and put a smile on her delicate lovely face. She turned and threw her arms around him and cried into his shoulder. Ron held her tightly.

“What’s the matter?” Ron asked gently holding her. He stroked her hair as he spoke to her.

“Ron I’m scared,” Hermione pulled away from his shoulder and looked up into his eyes.

Ron wiped away the tears that were slowly trickling down her rosy cheek. “It’s okay nothing will happen to us. Don’t worry I’ll find a way out of here.”

“Its not just that,” Hermione tried to speak, but her voice sounded funny. She couldn’t say what she wanted to say. Hermione looked at Ron wanting to tell him how she felt about him, and that she was worried that he would die. That scared her the most. She could handle dying, but for Ron to die it would be too much.

“What is it?” Ron asked sweetly, he smiled caringly into her eyes.

His kindness was too much, and she began to cry again, afraid that she would lose him. Her eyes filled up with tears again. She embraced him tightly and cried into his shoulder. Hermione didn’t know how to tell him how she felt. “We’re going to die,” Hermione muffled voice came from Ron’s shoulder, trying to explain exactly how she felt. “I did everything I could, but I can’t get us out of her. We’re going to die!”

“No ‘mione, I won’t let that happen. I would never let anything like that happen to you. I promise I will protect you and get you out of this mess. No matter what,” Ron whispered into her ear as he continued to hold her tightly.

Those words sent shivers throughout Hermione’s body. That was all she wanted, to feel protected and safe, wrapped in the arms of the one she loved. She closed her eyes wishing that she could stay like this forever, warm, safe and comfortable. Then gently Ron pulled back and looked into her eyes. Hermione was frightened but excited all at the same time. She had never had Ron’s eyes pour so deeply into hers.

Ron looked down into the deep brown sparkling teary eyed face. He had never felt so much love for Hermione before. All he wanted to do was to make her smile again, and he knew one way to do that. He put his fingers under her chin and lifted her sad face to his and gently kissed the perfect light pink lips.

Hermione kissed Ron, feeling herself soar through the sky. She had always dreamed of romantic ways that she and Ron would get together, but nothing as perfect as this. The tears that were streaming down her face were for joy, instead of fear. She had forgotten everything in the kiss and only thought of the one kissing her. Her body tingled with excitement and love. She felt as though a huge weight was taken off her shoulders and everything would be okay.

As Ron pulled away from the kiss he saw the listless smile through the tears of the girl he loved. She was more beautiful than he had ever noticed and he wanted nothing but to be with her all the time. He wrapped his arms around her again, holding her tightly, never wanting to let go. The kiss had been as beautiful as he had always daydreamed about. His face was beaming with love as was the face that rested lightly on his chest. Ron gently pulled the hair from her face. “I love you,” He whispered into her ear as he caressed her face.

“I love you,” Hermione whispered back with her eyes closed. She couldn’t believe this was really happening to her. Her heart told her to enjoy every moment of it while it lasted. She knew that she would never forget this moment no matter what happened. Hermione knew that she would treasure this moment for the rest of her life.

The moment was shattered as a huge explosion shook the Burrow. Ron held Hermione tightly as he watched the tower dangerously sway about them. Hermione clutched Ron, her eyes wide with fear as her mind wondered what could cause such an explosion. She waited for death to find them, and even if they were going to die at least she was in arms of the one she loved. Ron had the same thoughts cross his mind, but as the tower stopped it’s swaying he stood up quickly and helped Hermione up and than ran to the closest window.

Outside it was bright and looked just like the surroundings to his real home, except something was missing. A large hole filled with clutter and all sorts of other junk was all that was left of his garage where his parents had once kept the Angelina Ford.

“Ron! You’re garage is gone!” Hermione gasped as she looked at the crater in the earth.

“What could have possibly caused that to happen?” Ron asked as he searched the grounds around the house. It didn’t make any sense to him to have someone blow up the garage. If Bellatrix wanted to have killed them, she would have known that they were in the house not the garage.

“Strange, I don’t think that explosion was meant for us,” Hermione remarked looking through the window intently. Her fingers dug into Ron’s shoulder as her eyes fell on something that moved next to the garage in the bushes. “Ron! Look!” Hermione pointed out. Her face scrunched with fear.

Ron’s eyes searched the place that Hermione was pointing to, at first he saw nothing but what seemed to be a large grey rock. He couldn’t see what was wrong with a grey rock, but then he realized that there had never been a large rock there before. As the creature lumbered out of the bushes Ron realized one thing: that they could escape, that is if they could survive.