Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happy Christmas Harry by Pottrgrl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1 “ Christmas Morning

It was early, too early. Dawn was breaking on the horizon and Ginny Weasley-Potter could see the sky go from navy to light grey to a beautiful shade of pink as the sun rose. She had stopped on the stairway landing and was looking out through a large picture window Harry had had installed just for this purpose.

Ginny heard a familiar murmur coming from the living room and remembered why she’d gotten up so early. That murmur was the sound of Harry turning over in his sleep. “Now why hadn’t he used the good sense he had to come up to bed last night?” Ginny thought.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs and walked softly to where he was laying she saw why he’d never made it bed last night. He’d fallen asleep under the Christmas tree after having wrapped several brooms.

As Ginny walked quietly around Harry, she saw that the brooms were addressed to their nieces and nephews. “That SNEEK!” she thought, “he knew full well that I’d already gotten those children their Christmas presents from us, not to mention the Father Christmas items that the little ones would find under their trees later this morning if the little dears weren’t already up and causing mayhem and destruction in their respective homes.

“Oh Harry love, you need proper rest before we go back out on the road. Why did you stay up so late?” Ginny whispered all the while giving her husband an adoring look.

Although come to think of it, Harry under the Christmas tree in a t-shirt and pajama bottoms did make for a delicious Christmas gift. Ginny smiled, and continued thinking to her self, “I wonder what his reaction will be to my gift?”

Ginny sat on the couch and watched, she was somewhat torn between allowing Harry to continue to sleep and waking him up in his favorite way.

Even though Harry had matured into a stunningly handsome man, when he slept he still looked like the teenage boy that had one day out of the blue plucked up the courage to ask her out.

They were sitting across from each other studying late one night in the Gryffindor Common Room during her 6th year three weeks into the term. Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been up late studying and once Ron and Hermione each went up to their respective dormitories Harry and Ginny were the last two in the Common Room.
Without a word, Harry looked up at her, smiled that smile that had quietly made her weak in the knees since she was ten, gently took her hand in his and quietly said “Gin, I know I’ve taken my time about this but you should know that I think you’re the prettiest girl at Hogwarts and well.. I was hoping that you’d go to Hogsmead with me this Saturday.” Harry held his breath not knowing what her reaction would be and hoping to no end that the advice Remus had given him would garner a yes from Ginny.

Ginny looked at him as if his was crazy, yet somehow managed to say in a barely audible voice, “I know I’m dreaming this conversation but yes Harry I’d like to go into Hogsmead with you.” “You’re not dreaming Gin, and to prove it I’d very much like to kiss you now.” “Ok.” With that Harry stood up, Ginny’s hand still in his, he indicated for her to stand with him and while still holding hands they met each other at the end of the table. Ginny still not believing what was happening, looked shyly down as Harry wrapped one arm around her small waist and used the other to gently lift her chin so he could look into her deep brown eyes and rested his forehead on hers. Ginny’s hands involuntary found themselves around Harry’s waist; she thought she was going to die right then and there, this was not happening. As if Harry had read her mind, he whispered, “I’m sorry I took so long about this Ginny” he lowered his head and gently pressed his lips to hers. He felt her go weak in the knees but then Ginny made a sound that made Harry’s heart skip a beat thinking that perhaps she did not like being kissed after all. So he broke off the kiss. Ginny said “wa- why did you stop?” “Oh” said Harry. “That sound you made, I thought maybe you wanted me to stop.” “No Harry, that was, that was the kind of sound you want a girl to make when you kiss her” Ginny said breathlessly. “Oh Ok” Harry leaned in a kissed her again.


Once Ginny came back to the present, she lay down next to Harry on the floor and as she leaned in to kiss him, Harry reached up, grabbed Ginny around the waist and rolled them so he was stretched out on top of her and started laughing. Ginny shrieked “You rat! You saw me come down the stairs didn’t you?” “Yes” replied Harry I’ve been waiting to see what you would do.” “And do you like the choice I made?” “Yes Mrs. Potter, I certainly do.”

Sometime later Ginny and Harry found themselves naked and cuddled up under a blanket under the tree. Ginny was quietly scolding him for adding the brooms to the presents she had already purchased in their names. “Well love” Harry retorted, “as we don’t have any children of our own and considering that you make quite a bit of gold as Team Mediwitch and I make even more as Team Captain it is our duty as the caring, loving auntie and uncle that we are to spoil the little buggers rotten. Let their parents discipline them.”

Ginny knew that despite the comment, Harry adored his nieces and nephews, most particularly little Jane who was the spitting image of her mother in intellect and looks with the exception of her ginger colored hair. That was pure Weasley. The child Ginny mused, was wicked smart for a five year old. Jane also had her father’s wit and love for the Chuddly Cannons. If Ginny let Harry, he’d buy Jane the world. As it was little Miss Jane knew that if there was something she wanted and her mummy and daddy would not get it for her all she had to was ask Uncle Harry and it was hers.

“Gin?”

“Humm?”

“It’s getting late love; we need to be at the Burrow in less than an hour.”

“Ok. I’ll shower first.”

“How about we share?”

“Not if you want to be on time we won’t.”

A half hour later Harry complimented his wife as she emerged from the bedroom dressed and ready to go.

“You look lovely as always Gin.”

“Thanks, how are we going to handle getting all these presents to the Burrow?” She asked.

“Well I figured you could floo over with half and I’d follow with the rest.”

“Sounds like a plan. Have you already put the first batch in the fire place?

“Yes, say Gin, that really tiny box, who is it for?”

“Oh it’s for you.”

“Should I ask what it is?”

“Not if you’d like to be hexed into tomorrow” she retorted with a playful grin.

“Yes ma’am, point taken and off you go.”