Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happy Christmas Harry by Pottrgrl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N All characters belong to J.K. Rowling


Chapter 2 “ Good Things Come In Small Packages


“Ginny! Happy Christmas!” “Happy Christmas Ron, Mum!” Ron proceeded to ask Ginny where Harry was. “He’s giving me a few minutes to get the fireplace cleared before arriving through the floo.”

“Right” said Ron, “I’ll get these to the tree then.” Ron took out his wand, pointed it at the pile of packages and said “locomoto boxes” and directed the mass to the living room and placed them under the tree.

Ginny kept the little box for Harry in her cloak pocket, hung up the cloak and saw that the clock showed that Harry was traveling. Ginny smiled as she saw that all the other hands were pointing to home and thinking of all the people her dad had had to add to that clock over the past few years.

As she turned to start helping her Mum and Hermione, who’d walked in as she was hanging her cloak Harry appeared. “Happy Christmas Mum, Hermione!” Happy Christmas Harry!” Molly and Hermione replied as they hugged him together.

Harry then charmed the packages he’d brought with him into the living room and added them to the other gifts.

The other women in the Weasley family entered the kitchen and started preparing the huge amount of food that was going to be needed in order to the feed the army known as the Weasley family.

Four hours later Molly and Arthur Weasley and their extended brood sat down to Christmas dinner out in the orchard as the kitchen was entirely too small to hold such a large crowd. Mrs. Weasley proudly looked around the table which had been enchanted to fit everyone

This was the first time in seven years that the entire family had been able to make it home for Christmas.

On Molly’s side of the table was Arthur, Bill his wife Anne and their daughter Diana. Next was Charlie, Fluer and their triplets Rubeus, Brian, and Sirius who were followed by Percy, Penelope and their twins Elizabeth and Barrett. On the opposite side of the table were Fred and Katie (with twins on the way) and their son Albus. Next were George and Angelina with their girls Emma and Alicia then there was Ron, Hermione, Jane, Harry, Ginny, and lastly Remus and his wife Nymphadora, who much to Molly’s annoyance still insisted on being called Tonks.

Once everyone had had their fill, it was time to open gifts. Needless to say the children were especially wild for their new brooms with the exception of Jane. Harry knew that she’d be very cross with him as he’d not gotten her a broom.

Currently Jane was sitting on Harry’s lap demanding an explanation for what she saw as a great injustice.

Harry was trying to explain; “but Jane love you are only five, I swear on Merlin’s beard that I will personally take you to pick out any broom you want next Christmas.”

“But why not this year Uncle Harry?” she pleaded with tears in her eyes.

“Because love, your Mum wants you to want until you get a little bigger and if I gave you a broom now” Harry lowered his voice and whispered “your Mum would hex me so badly it would take Saint Mungo’s a month to sort me out. You wouldn’t want that would you?”

Jane took her time formulating answer. “I guess not, although Mummy has some really funny hexes she uses on Daddy when she’s cross with him.”

“I just bet she does” muttered Harry.

“Ok, next Christmas then.” Jane replied giving Harry a hug and jumping off his lap and went to play with the doll he’d given her.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. Jane had not put up as much of a fight as he'd expected.

Once the children managed to calm down after assurances that they would have some time later in the day to test the brooms, Ginny stood up and said “ok everyone, there is actually one more gift to hand out.” “Harry this is for you with all my heart, body and soul.”

Everyone looked at Ginny with puzzled looks wondering what could be in the tiny box she held out. Harry took the box and slowly opened it to reveal a back velvet ring box. He then opened the black box to find a piece of parchment perfectly folded to fit inside. Harry plucked out the piece of parchment and unfolded it. He became warm with the knowledge that the whole room was looking at him and waiting. As Harry read the parchment, his face became bright red and said he croaked out “I’m sorry?” and looked at Ginny.

Ginny grinned. The women in the room had started to giggle as they figured out what might be happening. Jane spoke up and asked Harry what was wrong. Harry ignored her, walked over to Ginny placed one arm around her shoulders, the other arm behind her knees and swept her up off her feet. Ginny squealed.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he whispered

“I think I just did” she replied.

At this George piped up “Oyi Harry, what are you two on about?”

Fred having picked up the piece of parchment Harry had dropped answered with a very mischievous grin.

“Well, looks like there will be another Potter for Christmas dinner next year. The idiot’s gone and got his wife knocked up!”

“FRED WEASLEY I WILL NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF LANGUAE IN THIS HOUSE!” yelled Molly.

“But Mum, its true she’s expecting!”

At that the whole room erupted with noise that would rival a stadium full of raid Qudditich fans.

Harry, still holding Ginny accepted the slaps on the back from the men and the congratulations for the women. Even with all the excited talking of the adults and Molly’s crying and the giggles of the children Harry would not put Ginny down.

Ginny looked at Harry wondering what he was thinking was he really happy about this? She knew that as much as he wanted to be the father of her children he was terrified that he would not be able to love them. He still bore some emotional scares from his time with the Dursleys. Ginny knew that if Harry could love the daughter for his two best friends the way he did he’d do just fine with his own children, he just had to realize it.

Ginny said to Harry “you can put me down now dad.”

With that Harry turned and quickly carried Ginny out of the room, up the stairs and into her old bedroom. He closed the door and placed her gently on the bed and recited a spell that would lock the door and then placed a silencing spell around the room. Then he turned to face his wife and knelt on the floor next to the bed looking up at her.

Suddenly Ginny became worried that Harry was in fact not happy about the pregnancy.