Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happy Christmas Harry by Pottrgrl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3 “ A Conversation Between Husband & Wife


“Oh Ginny, how, when, and why on earth did you allow me to make love to you much less on the floor this morning if you knew you were pregnant?" Harry admonished quietly with a look of panic on his face thinking that he’d possibly done something to physically hurt either Ginny or the baby.

Ginevra Molly Weasley-Potter looked at her heart and soul, took his face in her hands and began to kiss him passionately while pulling him into the bed with her. Harry hesitated but continued the kiss as he climbed into the bed and stretched out along side her while placing his hand on her abdomen.

Once he broke off the kiss he said “I love you too but you haven’t answered my questions” he whispered.

“Alright, as for how, you’re a big boy you should know how by now. As for when, I’m two months along, and we’ve been making love all this time because being pregnant does not mean we can’t be intimate and as for the floor..” Ginny shrugged “it was convenient and quite fun. There is nothing to worry about when it comes to that, for now anyway”.

“Wait, hang on a minute you’ve been on the road for two months and pregnant?” Harry asked rather loudly and wanting to throttle her. “Ginny you are also on the reserve team you played in two matches last month. You could have; I don’t want to think of what would have happened had you fallen off your broom or been hit by a bludger. Why did you wait so long to tell me?”

“Harry love, calm down before you have a fit.” Ginny smiled.

“I only suspected I was pregnant once we got home for the holiday break last week at which point I went to see a Medi-Witch at Saint Mungo’s. I got the report in the post two mornings ago. As for work, I can still fly for another month or two and I’m not the only person on the reserves so the team will be covered and I can work as the team Medi-Witch right through the end of the season in June and I’ll still be a month away from delivering. So relax, I’ll be fine.”

“NO, absolutely not” Harry was on the verge of yelling. “I’d rather you quit now and stay here with your Mum and be close to the rest of the family until I get back in June”.

“Well I choose to be where you are, I CHOOSE TO WORK”. Ginny too was now on the cusp of yelling. “I’ll keep working and playing and you can’t stop me.” It did occur to Ginny that as team captain he could in fact keep her from playing but not from performing her duties as team Medi-witch. She held her breath in hopes that Harry wouldn’t realize this very quickly.

He knew full well that as team captain he could overrule her wishes and simply keep her off the match roster whenever she was needed as a reserve player. She was bluffing on that point and he knew it. However, taking that route would not only land him in hot water but he’d also be banned from sleeping anywhere near her until she cooled down and truth be told, Harry liked sleeping with Ginny way too much to ever allow that to happen again. Having her cross with him was one thing, being banned from the bedroom was entirely another.

She was going to be stubborn about this so he decided to have to take a different tack in order to get to her to acquiesce to what he wanted and he definitely did not want her playing even one more game while pregnant. She’d never fallen but she’d been injured several times. Injuries came with the game and although he worried with each injury, he knew that Ginny would take care of her self on the pitch. The only way was to offer a compromise.

Harry offered; "what about if you work until the end of the season or until you’re ready to come home but you remove your name from the reserve list." Ginny started to tell him where to go but Harry gently cut her off. "Shh, let me finish. I know you've never fallen off your broom during a game Gin, but you've taken a fair few bludger hits. What if you took one to the chest or back? I won't be able to concentrate on the snitch if I'm worried about what could happen to the baby if you got hurt. Ginny, please don’t play while your pregnant?" Harry was trying not to shed the tears that were welling up in his eyes. "I couldn't live with myself if, if something happened to you and the baby during a game" he ended with a whisper.

Ginny, seeing the look of worry on Harry’s face and hearing the pleading tone of his voice decided that for his sake she should agree, at least he was ok with her continuing to work and travel.

"Ok love. You may consider this my official request to the team captain to place me on the unable to play list but I'm NOT giving up my spot on the reserves. I’ll want to be able to play next season."

"Thank you love, you’ve taken a load off my mind."

"Anything for my Husband and Team Captain." She grinned.

Ginny leaned into him and gently kissed him.

Harry broke off the kiss and said "I guess we should get back down stairs."

"We're fine for now. And by the way how about making love to the mother of your child?"

"Now? Here?"

"Yes here and now."

Harry was not by any means thrilled with shagging Ginny under her parent’s roof even if they were married so he said “I'll make a deal with you.”

"What's that?

"If you wait until we get home I'll shag you thoroughly and all night."

"Promise?"

"Would I lie?"

"You'd better not."

“Harry?”

“Yes Ginny?”

“You haven’t said if your happy about this or not.”

"Oh Ginny you have no idea just how happy I am about the baby. I'm just hope that I don’t make any mistakes."

"We'll have lots of advice and help.”

“Yes I know” Harry whispered.

“We'll be fine." Ginny replied with a smile.

"How can you be sure? That worried look came across his face again.

"We went through hell to be able to live without fear, we'll get through this. We're only having a baby, women have them everyday sweet."

"Ginny?"

"Yes Harry?"

“Are we really having a baby?” Harry asked as he rubbed her abdomen.

“Yes my love we are.”

Harry looked at Ginny with awe and said "I hope it's a girl and I want her to look just like you."

"As long as she has your beautiful green eyes."

“Ginny?”

“Yes Harry” she answered wondering what he was going to ask now.

“Err.. when did I knock you up anyway?” At that Ginny took the decorative pillow off the bed and started a pillow fight that lasted a few minutes until they settled back down and they held each other for a while before rejoining the family to celebrate their future child.