Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Summer Romance by unicorngirl22

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hope you like it now, mods!!! :)

Ari frowned at Harry, and he looked at her expectantly. Finally, she spoke up.

“Harry, I- I’m so sorry. I just think that maybe we should get to know each other more. Is that okay?” she declined.

Harry looked at her sadly, and he looked like he was in a state of shock.

“No, no it’s fine. I guess I should have waited. I’ll see you around.” Harry turned and started walking back to the Dursley’s.

“Harry, I really am sorry,” Ari called after him.

Harry didn’t bother looking back. He felt angry with himself. Why did I have to ask her tonight?

He walked into the Dursley’s and ran up the stairs. At the top, he collided with Dudley. Dudley smiled.

“Mum says you're in trouble. You were out too late, and now Mum is going to make you clean the house tomorrow,” he said cheerfully.

“Dudley, I don’t care. Right now, I just want to go to my room. Can you please get out of my way?” he asked, trying to stay calm.

“No. And why do you look so angry? It’s not like I’ve done anything!” he exclaimed.

“It’s none of your business. Now, will you please get out of my way?” Harry asked again.

“I already said no! Now tell me why you look so angry!” Dudley screamed.

“Dudley, don’t make me hex you!” Harry warned.

“You wouldn’t! You're not allowed. You’d get expelled,” Dudley whimpered.

Harry thought for a moment. Of course, Dudley was right, but maybe Harry could just pretend and freak Dudley out.

“Hocus Pocus!” Harry whispered. At these words, Dudley ran into his parents’ bedroom. This gave Harry just enough time to run into his room and lock the door.

Harry sat on his bed and looked out the window. He sat there thinking for what felt like hours. At one o’clock, Hedwig was outside the window. Harry let her in and got an idea. He rummaged in his trunk and took out a piece of parchment and a quill. He started writing a letter to Ron. He finished at about one-thirty and looked it over.

Harry called Hedwig over and tied the letter to her leg.

“Take this to Ron,” he whispered. Hedwig flew threw the window and Harry was left alone. He lay down on his bed and just thought. As he lay there, he drifted off into a restless sleep.
__________________________________________________ ___________

When Harry woke up the next morning, he felt groggy. He had had a horrible nightmare last night involving Cedric and Voldermort. Harry had still not gotten over what had happened in the graveyard last June. He slowly got out of bed and went downstairs. Aunt Petunia was making breakfast. Dudley was waiting hungrily at the table. Aunt Petunia looked up as he walked in.

“You're cleaning the house today, boy,” she said.

“And why would that be?” Harry asked, already knowing the answer.

“Because you were out late last night and when you did come home you got angry with Dudley!” she exclaimed.

“Fine, I’ll clean. It’s not as if I have a life of my own,” Harry said sarcastically.

“Well, it’s not like you have a choice, is it, now?” she asked.

“I guess not,” Harry agreed.

Aunt Petunia looked at him funny. He couldn’t blame her. It’s not like he always agreed with his Aunt and Uncle.

Aunt Petunia finished making breakfast and set it on the table. She made sure that Harry had the least and Dudley had the most.

“Mum, I’m going for a walk after breakfast, maybe over across the street,” Dudley said, grinning. Harry just frowned and ate his bacon.

“You can do whatever you want, son,” Uncle Vernon told Dudley.

After breakfast, Harry went to clean up the living room and Dudley went outside. Harry watched Dudley through the living room window.

Dudley walked up to Ari’s door. He knocked and waited. After a couple of minutes, Ari’s mother answered the door. They were talking, but Harry couldn’t hear. He opened the window, but still had trouble hearing. He heard the words, “I’ll get her” and then she was gone. Ari came down in a couple of minutes. She frowned at Dudley.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I came to ask you something,” Dudley answered.

“Fine, ask me,” she said, crossing her arms.

“Can we go for a walk or something? I’d rather not ask right here,” Dudley said, nervously. Ari stepped out and started walking with Dudley.

Harry sighed. There was no way he could follow them. He’d just have to wait until Dudley came home.

Harry spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house. Around the afternoon, Harry walked into the kitchen for lunch. Dudley was sitting down, and he was smiling. Harry didn’t say anything and got himself a sandwich. He ate it and walked out into the backyard.

Harry had to water the plants and clean up the backyard. He was in the middle of picking up garbage, when Ari came over. Harry didn’t look at her. He couldn’t. The sight of her brought a lump to his throat.

“Harry,” Ari broke the silence, “I’m sorry.”

Harry looked up. “What for?” he asked.

“For not agreeing to go out with you,” she said.

“Don’t be sorry. It was your decision, and if you didn’t want to you didn’t have to. And, besides, you're with Dudley now,” Harry said, sadly.

“Wait, I am not with Dudley! What made you think that?” Ari exclaimed.

Harry couldn’t believe his ears. “When Dudley came home he was smiling. That usually means he got his way,” Harry answered.

“I have no idea why he was smiling. I told him no,” Ari said.

“Oh, well, sorry. I guess I jumped to conclusions,” Harry apologized.

“Harry, when you said that I shouldn’t be sorry for saying no, you were wrong. I lied. I should have said yes. I do like you. A lot. I just was afraid that if I said yes, Dudley would get angry and maybe hurt you!” she explained.

Harry was speechless. He couldn’t believe his ears.

“Harry?” Ari looked at him nervously.

“Yes?” Harry asked.

“Would you like to be my boyfriend?” Ari asked.

Harry smiled. “Yes, I would like to. I would like to very much,” he answered. Ari smiled, relieved.

Harry put his hand in Ari’s and walked off down the street, forgetting all about the yard and his punishment.