Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily Evans: Potter Hater Extraordinaire by ColorsOfTheWind

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: chapter three-- They're at school!
Chapter 3- Turkeys and Mini-bars

Lily found herself having to remember to be civil to James several times a day.

Like at the Welcoming Feast. Lily was sitting next to Mae and who else, but James Potter plopped down in the vacant seat next to her.

Just ignore him and count to ten.

1...

2...

3...


"So, my love, excited for our first night alone together in the Head's room?" James said with a wink.

Oh screw this.

"Potter, do you remember what I told you on the train?" Lily said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, sorry about not getting you that cauldron cake, sweet bottoms," James said with a sly grin.

"What did you just call me?"

"Sweet bottoms, sugar pie," James said bluntly.

1...

2...

3...

4...


"What do you think, Lily?" James said, elbowing Lily lightly in the ribs. Her eyes snapped over to him.

"What do I think about what, Potter?" she said coldly.

"A nice, long night together in the Head's quarters... lots of candles and--" Lily cut James off before he could repeat pretty much exactly what Kerry had said earlier.

"No, no, NEVER, NOT with YOU, Potter, you DISGUST ME!" Lily exploded.

That felt good after counting all those numbers. Screw Black.

Lily felt Sirius's eyes on her after this and James returned to his food, looking a little put out.

When the feast ended, Lily hurried past her friends and James, hoping to make it to the Head’s quarters before he could get there.

Oh, where did Dumbledore say it was…?

Lily remembered he said it was relatively close to the Gryffindor common room. Six portraits down, to be precise. She was looking for a turkey.

Or was it a rooster…

Lily hurried until she got to what looked like the correct portrait.

The turkey’s eyes looked rather distilled and he seemed to be off in his own, little turkey world.

“Um, excuse me,” Lily said, feeling rather odd, talking to a portrait of a drunk-looking turkey.

The turkey ignored her, mumbling and gobbling under his breath distractedly.

“Um, EXCUSE ME!” Lily shouted. The turkey jumped a little, one of its feathers falling off and he glared at Lily.

“I suppose you’re the Head Girl,” the turkey said with distaste. His voice was a bit high pitched and sounded like a boy going through puberty; prone to crack at any moment.

“Yes, I am,” Lily said, sneering. Already, it was the first day and she had a crabby, old turkey guarding her quarters.

“Well do you have the password?” the turkey squawked.

“Turquie,” Lily said promptly, now realizing why Dumbledore had picked such a random password. The turkey squabbled under his breath and swung the portrait open. Lily stepped inside her new living quarters for this year at Hogwarts.

She stared in awe, trying to take it all in at once.

The room was painted a rich gold and all of the furniture was satin brown, maroon, or cream. There was a fire going already, blazing merrily as the flames danced around in the fireplace. There were two desks, one with Lily’s books stacked beside it, and the other with James’s books. The cherry wood of the chairs belonging to the desks had their initials inscribed on the back of the seat. There were three doors straight ahead.

The door farthest to the left had very messy, crooked writing engraved on the top. It spelled out “James Potter”. Lily laughed. It was Potter’s own signature. The middle door had very straight, clean writing that said “Lavatory”. Lily assumed they were sharing a bathroom, because the door farthest to the right had her own loopy signature engraved at the top, creating the words “Lily Evans”.

Lily strode over to the door, but stopped when she heard a familiar voice outside.

“JUST LET ME IN, YOU STUPID PIECE OF POULTRY!” Lily heard James shout.

She laughed to herself. Maybe that turkey wasn’t so bad, after all.

She continued on her way to her bedroom. She turned the gold handle and stepped inside.

The walls were a vibrant, happy red. Her bedspread was pure white, with red fringe on the bottom, and was a little bigger than the ones in her old dormitory. Off in the corner was a gold dresser, which she found out, had all of her clothes already folded nicely inside the drawers. There was a painting on the wall across from her bed. It had a white frame and the painting was of fresh water lilies in a quaint, clean pond. She smiled. It added personality to the room. There was a desk and chair identical to the one in the common room next to another door, which she figured led to the bathroom.

She took a deep breath before entering the bathroom she now had to share with the insolent James Potter.

Now this I could get used to.

The bathroom was probably twice the size of her room, and her room was rather large. The walls were made of marble and the floors were cold, light blue, almost white, tiles. There were two sinks, two showers, one huge bath that Lily thought could maybe double as a jacuzzi, and lots of white, fluffy towels. Lily felt like this place was perfect”except that the fact remained, she had to share it with the James Potter.

She walked out of the bathroom door leading to the common room, deciding she would go visit her friends and tell them of the great Head’s quarters. She walked through the portrait hole to see a very disgruntled, red Potter sitting on the ground.

“Um… Potter… May I ask why you are on the floor?” Lily asked, trying her best not to laugh.

“This git of a portrait won’t let me in!” James roared.

“Did you say the password?” Lily asked uncertainly.

“Yes! Turkey!” James said with a roll of his eyes.

“That’s not the password, you moron. It’s Turquie,” Lily said, rolling her eyes back at him.

“Isn’t that what I said?” James asked.

“No. It’s not,” Lily said flatly. James ran his fingers through his hair, as he did when he got embarrassed or felt hassled. Lily fumed at the sight. She always despised the way he would do that. He turned back to the portrait of the turkey, which had a very smug look among his bill.

“Turquie,” James grumbled, mimicking the way Lily pronounced the word.

“You may enter,” gobbled the turkey. When the portrait swung shut, Lily said aloud to the turkey,

“You’re a sly one there, Mr. Turkey.”

“OY, I HEARD THAT, EVANS!” James shouted from inside the Head’s quarters. Lily laughed to herself, enjoying James’s discomfort, and strolled down the hallway.

She made her way into Gryffindor common room, giving the password, (“snagglepuss”) and gazed around at her home. It looked just as it did all of the other years, except there were some new, young faces around. Lily made her way over to the girl’s dorms, and walked all the way up until she got to the polished wooden door that said “7th years”.

Lily swung open the door to her best friends, and said,

“Knock-knock, is anybody home?”

“Lily! You’ve returned from your quick snogging session with Potter!” Kerry exclaimed, jumping from her bed and running to hug a red in the face Lily.

“Kerry, you know very well how I feel about that arrogant little””

“Lily, calm down. I don’t need a sermon on what you think of Potter, I was just joking,” Kerry said with a sly grin.

“Lily, what is the Head’s quarters like? Is it magnificent? Do they really have a mini-bar?” Kaitlyn rushed out in one breath.

“Yes, it’s magnificent. And no, there is no mini-bar… well, on second thought… I haven’t seen Potter’s room, so you never know…” Lily answered.

Mae walked over quietly while the other two were loudly bombarding Lily with multiple questions on what the Head’s quarters were like. She also gave Lily a quick hug before joining in with the others and asking random, sort of pointless, questions.

“Do you guys have to share a room?”

“Bathroom? You share a bathroom? That’s the easiest way for Potter to see you stark naked!”

“Is it true that there’s a special door that leads to whatever your heart desires?”

“OH MY GOSH, YOU HAVE A JACUZZI?”

Lily sighed; she already tired of the countless inquiries her friends were attacking her with. She dropped onto Kerry’s bed and smiled slightly as Kaitlyn asked yet another question about a mini-bar.

— • º • — • º • —*— • º • — • º • —*— • º • — • º • — —*— • º • — • º • —

James found himself to be in a pretty bad mood once he made it into the common room. But once he looked around and took in the beauty of it all, his troubles and hatred towards that turkey portrait floated away. He, just like Lily, noticed how their names were inscribed on the door, not in a formal sort of way, but with their own signatures.

He was very tempted to take a look at Lily’s room, but decided to start at the bathroom. He took note of the separate showers and frowned a bit, but he forgot about that when he saw the jacuzzi-like bathtub in the center of the room.

Sirius will have a ball with that one, he thought, chucking softly to himself.

James turned the door handle leading to his room. He grinned widely at what he saw. The walls were a brisk, sapphire blue. His bedspread was gray with matching blue stripes. His chest of drawers and desk were made of a dark, cedar wood, and his clothes were folded in the drawers. There was a giant, magical poster of every quidditch team in the league. The players in the poster were zooming around, weaving in and out of each other as they tried to catch a snitch or hit a bludger.

James laughed. In the corner was a rather large, locked box. He did a simple unlocking charm and it opened, and he found it to be a mini-bar. But, in big, black writing at the top, it clearly said, No Alcoholic Beverages Will Be Provided.

James collapsed onto his new bed. It was extremely soft and fluffy, but not too soft that it wouldn’t be fun to jump on. To James, it felt just right. He sighed and got back up before he fell asleep, figuring he would go pay a visit to his dear friends, the Marauders.


A/N-- I hope you like it! The whole turkey thing came to me during English class on Halloween, when my friends and I were discussing what a stoned turkey would look like. Um.. yeah.. I hope you liked it! R/R!