Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dear Ron ... by Neli P

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Author's Note: Again, this is no "Female Psychology 101" or true or false, and all Weasleys belong to (lucky) JKR (!). Please, Read and Review ! THANKS a lot of all your cool comments so far! You, guys, are the BEST ! :) :) :)


*********


One week before Hermione’s arrival…


Ron sighed heavily, and gave himself another mental kick to write to Percy. Of course, he was more than reluctant to seek advice from his pompous brother. But what if Percy was the one who could give that simple, tiny clue Ron needed to get to Hermione’s heart?

“Blimey, I reckon that ‘Beggars can’t be Choosers’, can they!”, Ron said to himself, sitting in front of a blank piece of parchment. He remembered that, some time last summer, Hermione had spent her lunch hour explaining to him the sense of that Muggle proverb. And only now, he realized the full extent of that phrase, as his list of potential advisers grew seriously thin.


Ron began flattening a few pieces of parchment, still feeling amazed by his stroke of genius: he had gathered some wasted administrative correspondence from his father’s desk. He had to write in a style that Percy could understand. So, between frequent peeks at those official documents, Ron began scribing his own masterpiece.



“TO: Mister Percy Weasley
Mr. Crouch’s Substitute’s temporary Personal Assistant
Ministry of Magic


PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL


Dear Percy, Sir

First, congratulations for your appointment as the new spoke-person of the Cabinet. We were informed that you also maintain your responsibilities as personal assistant to the substitute of late Mr. Crouch. Huge responsibilities, indeed, since you have just entered the Ministry two years ago!

I, hereby, solicit your opinion on a particular matter, as you are a respected representative of the Ministry of Magic. Please, find below details and facts of the situation I wish to submit to your attention:

- SUBJECT: Young Witch, 16 years old, an honest and valuable citizen of the Witches and Wizards community.

- CHARACTERISTICS: very intelligent, generous, kind (although sometimes short-tempered), good-looking “ can turn strikingly gorgeous at will.

- SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENTS: a permanent recipient of top marks at any class attended at Hogwarts, from every teacher (with the exception of One).

- POINTS THAT (DEFINITELY) NEED IMPROVEMENT: owns a particular talent to keep her thoughts secret, and then blames her fellow students for not achieving what was really expected.

- MY PERSONAL STATEMENT: our relationship can not be qualified as an open conflict. However, if handled improperly, it would affect negatively our cooperation as long term friends.

Therefore, my main question to you is: WHAT DO WITCHES EXPECT FROM WIZARDS IN ORDER TO AGREE ON A BENEFICIAL AND HARMONIUOUS COEXISTENCE?

Your duties must monopolize most of your time. But I would highly appreciate an official and politically correct reply as soon as possible.

I thank you for your interest in my issue, and wish you success in your career at the Ministry.

Best regards, RONALD WEASLEY



Ron grimaced of disgust. His letter sounded so cold, as if the emptiness he felt in his heart had flown into his lines. He decided then to add his personal touch, a short note that might lighten this dull letter.

“P.S. : Hey, Perce! We attended astronomy class last year, so I know much more about Uranus now!”


There! Much better! Ron nodded approvingly and went to find Pigwidgeon. Unlike its other trips, Pig shuddered at the mention of the Ministry of Magic. Or was it the name of the addressee that caused that curious effect on the owl?
But Pig did not hesitate long. As always, his loyalty to Ron prevailed. And like a brave soldier, Pig took off for its next delivery mission.


Ron could hardly measure his owl’s indignation when Pig came back the day after … with NO reply from Percy. However, a few days later, just as Ron gave up hope on receiving an answer from “the Ministry of Magic official git”, he found Percy’s letter neatly placed on his desk by some invisible hand. Well, maybe Percy just wrote to blame him for his astronomy pun? He broke the blue Ministry seal and unfolded the letter.


“Dear Ron,

First, I must admit that your writing skills have improved tremendously! Well done!

You guessed right: I am indeed overloaded with work! I have so much to do, and so little time. So, the new Minister (my new boss) had kindly granted my request to stay at the office as long as I need to keep up with all my urgent reports and studies. Sleep is such a waste of time, don’t you agree? I do think that a good Ministry officer does not need rest, as long as his good work fills him with joy and contentment!

Now, to answer your question, I will get straight to the point: Girls like educated, well-established gentlemen, who can secure the high standard of living they rightfully deserve. I think it would not hurt to show that you have the ambition to go further in everything you have to accomplish, to aim higher goals instead of dwelling on the same spot all your life!

Therefore, I recommend a two-steps plan:

1) Study hard, get as many N.E.W.T. as you can. Moreover, being a Prefect (and later, a Head boy) will certainly sharpen your authority and strengthen your character.

2) Apply for a job at the Ministry. At that point, if you have successfully achieved Step One, I might be able to use my influence to help you into a strategic position that would 'elevate' your career. Of course, you will have to work hard, just like I did. You definitely should come to the Ministry, and visit our Public Library Information Site. I know by heart the exact code to access the precise parchment of information you need to enter a job at the Ministry (I have used it hundreds of time before my graduation):

WizardsWitchesWorld. Ministry of Magic/ Careers/ Requirements.Community.

By the way, I think you made a wise choice in Hermione Granger! I remember her as a brilliant person and definitely worth the efforts you need to accomplish!

Good luck!

Your brother, PERCY WEASLEY”.



Since the third paragraph of the letter, Ron had already decided he HATED Percy’s ideas. He felt sick, but certainly not as sick as his brother must be! He tore the letter in pieces, with the firm intention to burn them later. “I am not Draco Malfoy, remember?”, he scowled out loud, wondering how anger could make a person feel cold and hot at the same time. Of course, he did expect Percy’s point of view. So why did he feel so miserable now, blaming himself for even writing to Percy at the fist place?


Ron was so overwhelmed by his feelings, that he did not hear a muffled “POP” behind his back. And just as he shoved all the pieces of Percy’s torn letter in his pocket, Ron gazed with horror at two freckled, red-hair figures that had apparated in his room.


There stood Fred and George, frowning and looking absolutely up to no good, with an evil twinkle in their eyes …

*********

A/N: Thanks for reading! Now, please click in "Reviews" just below and tell me if you think that Percy is sick or not ?? :) :) Hurry up! I can't wait for your opinion !! :)