Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dear Ron ... by Neli P

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Author's Note: Wow ... Over 1 000 reads already .... THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE THE BEST :) :) :) !!!
Here come Fred and George's advices to Ron. Please, Read and Review ! Again, I regretfully own none of the Weasleys *sigh* and this is no "Female Psychology 101". Thanks again for all your comments ! :)



*********

Impedimenta !’ Fred and George shouted, their wands pointing at Ron.


A flash of green light knocked Ron off his feet. He landed heavily on his back, as the Impediment Jinx operated instantly, freezing his entire body.


‘AAWWW! What was that for?’ Ron yelled, struggling but remaining stone cold on the floor.


At least, his head was still in control ! In spite of all those invisible ropes wrapping tightly around him, he could talk, think … and his mind was actually speeding as Fred and George were zooming on him.

The twins grasped Ron and tossed him on his bed, as gently as they used to treat a sack of potatoes.


THAT, Ronniekins …’ answered Fred ‘… was for writing to that Humungus Bighead!’

‘And for reading the absolute rubbish he sent back!’ continued George. ‘Please, inform us: did you like the Git’s advice ?’


Ron felt the danger deep in his guts. How did the twins find out, and how long had they been there, Ron was wondering. He was quite sure he did not read Percy’s letter out loud…


‘You had no right to read my mail!’ Ron finally decided that attack was his best defense. ‘Don’t tell me you have invented some Extendable Eye to spy on people !’

‘He’s in deep trouble, but still kicking!’ George said, raising his eyes to the ceiling with exasperation. 'You should know that good old Percy never trusted any owl but his own! Great move, though, because Errol once more collapsed on duty, and dropped his letter on my poor head! By the way, please pay some respect to our future Extendable Eye! As soon as we find a way to hold the movable pupil inside its globe, it will be fully functional, thank you !'


Fred nodded approvingly to his twin.

‘We still wait for your answer, Ron!’ he reminded, rather impatient. ‘Did you like the Git’s opinion?’


In his present situation, Ron knew there was no use lying to the twins. So he silently shook his head.

‘HA ! We’re making some progress!’ George clapped in a mocked applause. ‘We reckon you asked Percy about girls! Blimey, you must be desperate!’

‘I might be desperate, but not stupid!’ Ron snapped back. ‘If I had ever asked you two about it, you would have laughed my head off !’


Fred and George exchanged a thoughtful look.

‘You may have a point, there!’ admitted George. ‘However, let’s get something straight: no one makes fun of a Weasley in front of us ! We’d rather laugh about you, with you … then someone else does !’

‘Still, all you can get from a rat is a headache and a pile of droppings !’ said Fred, mimicking their mother’s tone. ‘Did you seriously expect useful information from that Git? We are indeed very disappointed at you, young man! We do think you should have asked us first !’

‘Ask you ?’ Ron was truly astonished by this statement. ‘What do you two know about girls ?’


But Ron realized immediately his mistake when the twins frowned with indignation.

‘We do know ENOUGH to give you a hint or two about the matter !’ hissed George, looking totally offended. ‘Anyway, what do you think we are, clowns ?’


Ron prevented himself from replying. Nevertheless, picturing Fred and George wearing a red knob nose, colorful baggy clothes and oversized shoes was heavenly comforting! At least, Ron thought, the vision was a definite winner after the souvenir of Malfoy “ the Jumping Ferret!


‘All right !’ Ron said in a shaky voice, for his throat was tight with repressed giggles. ‘I did ask Percy’s opinion on how to deal with Girls ! I had … sort of … a hard time figuring out what they really expect from Boys !’


Again, the twins exchanged another look of mutual agreement. When they turned to him again, Ron could recognize that serious expression in their eyes, the same Madam Hooch used to show during a speech on broomsticks.


‘Ronnie, dearest!’ began George, ‘we thought it was obvious! Girls want ACTION !’

‘… FUN !’ added Fred.

‘… SURPRISES !’

‘They want someone who will cheer them with Filibuster Fireworks at good times’

‘… Someone who will warm them with Chocolate Frogs at bad times !’

‘They want a friend, a mate, a pal … name it as you wish !’

‘In three words: they want a “PARTNER IN CRIMES” …’

‘… Who can understand them …’

‘… Inspire them …’

‘… Never take anything for granted …’

‘… Stand by their side in this endless quest to bring on laughter …’

‘… And to shake this world’s eternal boredom !’

‘For the record, is it Hermione Granger we are talking about ?’ asked George, as a matter of fact.


Ron, whose gaze was bouncing from George to Fred during this overwhelming flow of information, was caught by surprise. During long seconds, he tried to weigh the pros and the cons, then simply nodded. A triumphant grin lightened the twins’ faces.

‘So it is Prefect Granger!' George confirmed, almost to himself.

‘Then, go on !’ urged Fred, looking at Ron. ‘You are already her “partner in crime” in many occasions, aren’t you ?’

‘Stop beating about the bush, doing nothing good!’ George continued. ‘All it takes now is to bring more FUN in the process ! Piece of cake, isn’t it ?’

‘Yeah! Piece of cake!’ admitted the youngest Weasley boy, less than convinced.


Ron was breathing more easily now. The Impediment Jinx was fading off. Fred and George slowly rose to their feet and headed to the door, almost strutting with pride.

‘ Uh … Thanks, I guess!’ Ron said from his bed.

‘You are welcome, Ronnie!’ Fred answered. ‘Go make us proud, will you? And remember our slogan: “Wheezes Do What Weasleys Are”, get it ?’


To Ron’s great relief, they finally opened the door and stepped out of his room. Then, something suddenly caught George’s attention. From his bed, Ron could only see his brother bend down and pick up some suspicious object from the floor.


‘Shame on you, Ginny Weasley!’ George bellowed, handling Fred what appeared to be the evidence of their young sister’s crime.

‘She used our Extendable Ear to pry on our business !’ squeaked Fred. ‘Oh Hooo … she will definitely pay for this !’


The twins sped out, in search of their little eavesdropper. And again Ron was left dealing alone with his thoughts and the last effects of the jinx …

*********

A/N: Thanks for reading ! :) ... Now, please take a few seconds to let me know what you think, OK ?? :) :) :).