Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Hardest Thing by smiley10792

Printer
Summary: The hardest thing in the life of Harry Potter wasn't the defeat of Lord Voldemort. Bellatrix is on the loose, and he still has his own inner demons to conqer. What will it take for him to come through this last trial with his life and sanity intact? And how will Ginny remind him of the man he truly is?

Sequel to What Are You Scared Of? . Warnings are just to be safe.

Back from hiatus, and almost done! Yay.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: Mental Disorders, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 7 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 11144 Viewcount: 19095
Published on: 10/28/06 Updated On: 06/24/07





1. Prologue by smiley10792 [ - ] (907 words)
Well, here it is, the promised sequel to What Are You Scared Of?. This story has gone through so many editations, I can barely recognize it anymore! It started out as a light, fun little fic, but then that idea died and it's got a completely different, much darker plot.

All the characters belong to JKR. I'm just having a great time experimenting with them.


2. Ch. 1- Someone With Bags Under Their Eyes by smiley10792 [ - ] (1335 words)
I have been a BAD, BAD, BAD author. I am soooooo sorry for the long wait, but the combination of a whole ton of editing, a healthy dose of writer's block plus the addition of a huge ballet performance last weekend meant that this story has been sitting neglected in my infamous folder for quite a while. Again, sorry.

But here it is, better than ever! I have mapped out the rest of the story and have estimated about eight chapters- my longest story yet. However, things could change a billion times between now and the end of this whirlwind journey, but hey, what can you do? Anyway, enjoy!


3. Ch. 2- A Waterfall of Agony by smiley10792 [ - ] (1583 words)
Hey, this one will hopefully be up a lot quicker than the last one. I orginally hoped to make this chapter one, but the mods told me (and I agree) that it was too much happening too early on in the story. However, I think ch. 2 is the best spot for this scene, because I want this story to progress, and focus more on the aftermath of this scene, rather than the scene itself. Let's get the violence over with and get to the good stuff.

Enough rambling. Enjoy, and remember: I didn't make the characters!



4. Ch. 3- Personally Attached to Potter by smiley10792 [ - ] (2553 words)
Again, I am a bad, bad, bad author. I know this story has been neglected for several weeks, but here's the next chapter, longer than ever, for you all to enjoy. Nothing I could say could possibly justify it taking so long (although I hope you all checked out my contest entry, Only Those Who Believe). Just enjoy, and remember: I am not the brilliant creator of this universe!



5. Ch. 4- Into the Dark Recesses of His Mind by smiley10792 [ - ] (1477 words)
Sorry this took a while (I seem to be saying sorry a lot lately!). It was just that stupid thing I call life getting in the way all the time... Just remember while reading this that Harry is insane, and his character in this chapter is not his real self.

Disclaimer: I'm not JKR. Nor are these characters my creation.


6. Ch. 5- Waiting For Her at the Bottom of a Well by smiley10792 [ - ] (1630 words)
Not much to say- just playing in JKR's world, remember!
Oh- Please take a minute and leave a review. I would't ask, but I haven't been seeing those happy notification emails in my inbox lately. I really value your opinion and I read and respond to every one.


7. Ch. 6- In A Very Cramped Elevator by smiley10792 [ - ] (1659 words)
Somehow this got deleted when I first submitted it, but I never got an email saying anything about it, so I'm assuming something glitchy happened... hey, it happens to all of us.
Anyway, the pentultimate chaper is here. Enjoy! (By the way, do I look like JKR? No. 'Nuff said)