Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Switching the Witch by nickynackyneevy38

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: thanks for reading my fic everyone, i really appreciate it so much. I hope you don't mind having to wait for a while until the next chapter, doing a lot of exams so i'll need all the revision time i can get! Please R&R no matter what to say i always reply and take your comments on board! thanks! :)
Where am I?

Parvati swiftly sat up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Only it wasn’t her bed she had been sleeping in… it was her sister’s. Suddenly, all of the previous night’s events flooded into Parvati’s mind and she clutched her mouth to stifle her gasp. Oh my goodness, what have I done?? she thought, and then quickly came to her senses when she saw a pillow being fired in her direction. Quick as lightening, she sprung from the bed, and with a deafening screech, Parvati karate-chopped the pillow away from her, sending clouds of feathers floating around the room. Heather, who had thrown the pillow, and Maria screamed and jumped onto Heather’s bed. Still in fighting stance, Parvati quickly assessed the situation. She was standing stock still, hand outstretched in a karate-chop, while her new roommates were staring at her, petrified, from on top of the bed. Quick! Think of something fast! Parvati said to herself, realising this could blow her cover instantly.

“Where did you learn to do that?” said Maria in a strained whisper.

“I thought it was Parvati who had taken the karate classes last summer, not you. Didn’t you take the flower arranging course? You know, so you could make beautiful bouquets?” said Heather, staring all the while at Parvati as if she was a ticking time bomb that might explode at any minute.

Padma took FLOWER ARRANGING classes?! thought Parvati incredulously, Oh wait until Andrew gets wind of this! Looks like I got some blackmail leverage here! . Grinning wickedly, Parvati rubbed her hands together, cackling all the while. That is, until she realised Heather and Maria were staring at her once again. Darn! I have to ensure I keep my scheming to when I’m alone. Coughing self consciously, Parvati flicked her hair and said in a voice quite unlike herself, “So girls, have any juicy gossip to tell me? I haven’t had a good gossip in, like, forever!”

What am I doing?! Parvati thought, stunned by how bad her acting was. Both Heather and Maria luckily didn’t seem to be listening to her, as they were busy whispering with their backs turned to Parvati. Hang on, thought Parvati, aware that she was being ignored, why aren’t they paying attention to me? I’m - well Padma is - supposed to be their friend! They are so rude! Angrily, Parvati got up, intend on giving the two girls a piece of her mind when suddenly they both whipped around and shouted, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PADMA!”

Parvati faltered, taking in the two party hats they sported and the rather large presents they held in their hands.

“We took the liberty of gathering all your presents from your friends and relatives so you could open them all here!” Heather said happily, dumping the large pile of presents of Padma’s bed.

Oh no! thought Parvati, throwing open her bedside drawer to find a pair of socks to put on, I didn’t get Padma a birthday present! She’s going to kill me! And just as Parvati went to close the drawer, a little box sitting in the corner caught her eye. Carefully taking out the box, Parvati saw the gift tag attached to it. It read, To Parvati, Happy Birthday! Love from Padma xo. For the first time since Parvati had woken up, she suddenly felt guilty for coming up with this plan. Here she was, holding her own present from her sister and she hadn’t even remembered to get one for Padma in return. Parvati’s expression turned from guilt to enlightenment.

I’ll tell Padma that my gift is hidden and she can’t retrieve it until we change places again because it’s hidden somewhere she can’t possibly get to! Amazed at her brilliance, Parvati beamed whilst pulling on her robes and running out of the dormitory.

“What do you suppose has gotten into her?” Heather asked Maria, one eyebrow raised. Maria shook her head staring out the doorway through which Parvati had just run.

“I’ve no idea, but I hope she realises she’s late for meeting Andrew; he won’t like that.” And with that, the two girls linked arms and walked out of the dormitory, closing the door behind them.

************************************************************************


Oh no, I’m late!! Andrew’s going to kill me! Padma threw off her bed covers and jumped out of bed, stumbling as she attempted to put a cardigan on as trousers.

“What ARE you doing, Parvati?!” asked Lavender sleepily, who’d been watching Padma’s efforts from her bed. She took pity on her when Padma tripped and fell over her chest at the bottom of the bed so only her legs were seen flying through the air.

“Are you ok? You seem a little…well, Confunded,” Lavender said as she helped Padma to her feet, sitting her on the bed to ensure she didn’t cause herself any more harm.
“I bet it was that Jake Underwood. He probably wanted revenge on you for breaking up with him. Who knew he was allergic to the bag of “’pollogy peanuts” you sent him?”

Padma choked on the glass of water she had picked up from her dresser and stared at Lavender open mouthed. Parvati had been going out with Jake? And SHE broke up with HIM? Why didn’t she tell me? she thought indignantly while Lavender stared at her warily.

“Parvati, are you ok? You really don’t seem like yourself today,” she said concernedly, feeling her head for a temperature.

“I’m fine, it’s ok, I was just a little confused, that’s all.”

“Well here’s my present for you! Don’t open it until you get to the Great Hall, you’ll see why later...” said Lavender mysteriously.

“Oh… thanks” said Padma, warily taking the gift handed to her, and with that, Padma pulled on her robes and went to walk out of the dormitory. That is, until Lavender called her back.

“What about your karate exercises? Are you not going to do them before you go?”

“Oh, yeah…right…eh…” Padma began hopping round the room making unusual war cries, occasionally firing out a hand or foot in a way she thought was menacing. At a look from Lavender she stopped what she was doing.

“What? What is it?”

“Oh, it’s nothing; it’s just that you don’t seem to have a clue what you’re doing. Are you not going to do your press ups and then your katas? Isn’t that what you usually do?” Padma’s eyes opened wide in horror. Press up?? Is Parvati KIDDING? Back in her old muggle school, Padma had always come last in her gym class, never managing to complete one full circuit in the circuit training. The thought of having to do press ups was like suggesting that she abseil down the North Tower. I have to do it if I want to make Lavender believe I’m Parvati, she thought, and so with great difficulty, Padma got down into the press up position and began the tiring work.

“…One,” she gasped, after slowly bending her arms and grunting in pain. She tried to do the same again but managed only to fall flat on her face.

“How many of these do I do again?” Padma asked, though her voice was slightly muffled from the carpet.

“Fifty. Same amount every day,” Lavender said, in a wary voice, slightly concerned about how Parvati was acting.

Fifty?! Forget this! Padma thought, her arms feeling like jelly. “I think I’ll just skip this workout for today, I think Jake must have Confunded me; see, I can’t even walk straight,” Padma said, purposefully walking into the doorframe to prove her point. That better not leave a bruise, she thought, rubbing her forehead were she had banged it.

“Here, let me help you down to the Great Hall; we don’t want you falling down all those stairs now do we?” And with that, Lavender hooked Padma’s elbow through her arm, and marched her down the stairs and out through the common room.

This undercover malarkey is harder than I expected, Padma thought whilst Lavender rambled on about Divination. I need to get out of here quick! she then thought and after uttering a hurried goodbye to Lavender, Padma sprinted down to the Great Hall in search of her sister. When she arrived, she was annoyed to see Parvati surrounded by gifts and sporting an elaborate party hat that flashed “PADMA’S NUMBER ONE” in different colours. Grabbing her sister by the scruff of the neck, Padma pulled Parvati out of the Great Hall.

“What’s all this?! Why are you showing off all these presents at the table? We’re supposed to be each other and in case you didn’t notice, I am not the type of person to display my presents for everyone to see!” she growled, hands on her hips. Parvati unwillingly removed her hat and grumbled under her breath.

“I’d also like to add that you did NOT warn me that I would have to work out every morning doing press ups and katas, whatever they are! I nearly blew our cover!” Padma hissed, glaring at Parvati, who was smirking.

“I must have forgotten to mention that detail. Oh, well, you just move around slowly breathing in and out in a controlled way; Lavender won’t know the difference. The press ups are your own problem. You’ll just have to get used to them!” Parvati gabbled, smiling mischievously at her sister. Padma glared at her whilst rubbing her arm which already ached from the single press up she’d done earlier.

“I hope this “practical joke” works out, because if it doesn’t, boy are you going to pay.” And with that last threat, Padma threw on an expression of nonchalance and walked back into the Great Hall, only changing her course to the Ravenclaw table at the last moment when she noticed the expressions of those seated.

Giggling, Parvati walked to her seat at the Ravenclaw table beside Heather. This is going to liven up life here to say the least! she thought, turning her attentions towards Andrew, who was smiling at her from across the way.