Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Can We Survive? by tonks_the_dreamer

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Looks like the spell worked for Bella,” a woman with bleach blonde hair said. “Welcome.”

______________________________________________________________________________

“Not that we’re entirely happy that our blood traitor sister’s daughter is here, but who would keep you from ruining our plan?” the blonde woman said.

“You don’t think the others would notice if someone who looks an awful lot like Lestrange tried to pass herself off as me?” I demanded.

“She doesn’t look like you. She used a spell that works like Polyjuice Potion, only more effective, and longer lasting.”

“So, what’s your plan? To impersonate me until you get what you want? They’ll figure it out eventually.” I tried to sound confident, but I was freaking out.

“Not until we have what we want.”

“Um... I’m pregnant, how’re you planning to pull that off?”

“That’s what magic’s for, dear.”

I shuddered. Suddenly I didn’t really want to know how they were going to do that.

“Narcissa!” a voice from another room called.

She left me alone in the strange room.

A long time went by before anyone came back. A house elf came in with food, but left right away.

A few days went by, all of them the same. The house elves came in and out with food, but never saying a word.

I was going insane! I tried every spell I knew that I thought could get me out of there, but nothing worked!

Why hadn’t they killed me? What use was I to them?

I had time to think, and I needed to know what was going on.

If my theory was right, then the path Bellatrix had opened between our minds would work both ways. I would be able to see what was going on there through her eyes!

I closed my eyes and concentrated and there I was, in her mind.

“I’m going to miss you,” she was saying.

It was the day Remus was leaving!

“I’ll see you again soon,” he said, turning from his open suit case sitting on the chair.

Then, they started kissing!

It was as if she didn’t know me at all. She kissed him hard and aggressively, opening her mouth and tangling her tongue with his, playing with the gum he had been chewing.

And, as though he was under her spell, Remus started acting the same way! His hands felt her down until they reacher her butt, then he pulled her close to him. Her hands had started feeling her all over and eventually ran under his shirt, rubbing his back. It was disgusting!

I could hardly stand it when Remus started moving her toward the bed as he continued to explore her.

Just as I was ready to break the connection, someone knocked on the door.

Thank God, I thought.

Remus broke away, fixed his hair a bit and answered the door.

I cannot say how happy I was to hear Arthur tell him it was time for him and Kris to leave.

He looked a little disturbed as he closed the door. As though I, or rather Bellatrix, had just done something completely out of character.

Ha! I thought. I snog differently!

Thinking that was a mistake, I realized, because Bellatrix replied, I’ll remember that next time.

Next time? I thought. There couldn’t be a next time! Remus knew something wasn’t right... And why would she even kiss him? I thought they were all disgusted with “our lot”.

Remus...

I wondered if I could open a connection with him, like Bellatrix had done with me.

______________________________________________________________________________

Something was different with Tonks over Christmas. She was acting strange and I had no idea why. Maybe it was because of Kris, or maybe it was hormones or something because of the baby. Whatever it was, she was not acting normal. Especially when she kissed me...

“Um...” Kris said, “I don’t think Tonks liked me much...”

“I don’t think Tonks was quite herself, Kris,” I told her.

“What do you mean?”

“She was acting odd...”

“So she normally doesn’t act like a bitch?”

I gave her a stern look. “No.”

“Sorry...” she said sheepishly.

“It’s alright.”

“Well, she didn’t seem to be feeling well, and the dream she had...”

“How do you know about the dream?” I demanded.

“I kind of overheard you two talking...” she mumbled.

I sighed. “I don’t know what’s wrong. I shouldn’t have left her. I should be with her. She needs me.”

“It sounds like you need to be here just as much.”

She had heard too much.

“How much did you ‘overhear’?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Not that much. Just some stuff about the Ministry. But you can trust me. I’ll keep your secret,” she added hastily after seeing the look on my face.

Remus, something is wrong. I need you... I heard Tonks’ voice say.

“Tonks?” I said aloud.

“What?” Kris looked confused.

“I heard her... or I thought I did...”

They kidnapped me. It’s not really me back at the Burrow. Remus you know me, I’m not like that...

“Where are you?” I asked.

Nothing answered.

“Moony, what’s going on?” Kris asked.

“Someone’s got Tonks... That wasn’t her back at the Burrow...”

I didn’t know where she was, and even if I did find out where she was, it was too late now, the full moon would be rising tonight, and I would be a danger to her now.

______________________________________________________________________________

I got to him! I opened a path between us! But I had to break before I could tell him where I was because one of the house elves had come in to bring me food. I couldn’t risk the Malfoys finding out what I was doing.

I would try again the next day. It was a full moon, so I would have to try during the day.

When I did get to him, he was talking with Kris. I guess she wasn’t so bad. She seemed to be only a friend, and she seemed to be the only thing really keeping Remus sane.

Remus?

“Tonks?” He was speaking, not thinking, that could be dangerous.

Just think, don’t talk. It could get us in trouble. Listen, I don’t have much time, but I’m at Malfoy Manner.

Tonks, I can’t get to you right now... It’s a full moon.

I understand that. But I had to tell you... before I couldn’t tell anyone...

I’ll try to get to you, I promise

Then, I had to break the connection again, because a house elf was coming in again. Their visits seemed more frequent now. The one probably reported what he had seen the day before.

______________________________________________________________________________

Tonks? Are you still there?

There was no response.

“Earth to Moony?” Kris waved her hand in front of my face. She giggled. “That sounds funny.”

I smiled a little.

“She contacted you again?”

I nodded. I was tired from last night. Some of the other werewolves had attacked us. We ended up fighting until we nearly killed one of them, then they went away. I don’t know what made them do that. They’ve left us alone this whole time. Maybe they noticed we were gone and wanted to make sure we knew what would happen if we did it again.

I knew where Tonks was, though. But if they found out what she was doing... I couldn’t risk it. I had to save her. I would have to do it fast and make sure I was back by nightfall.