Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

With you by Kaily_Kiss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to JKR. Not me.


Chapter 1.
Goodbye forever?


Outside it was raining. Inside, Hermione sat next to one of the beds in St.Mungo’s. Lying on that bed was Harry Potter, the boy ( or now the man ) who lived. Hermione tried to keep her tears back, but they came out flying just like every day. She took Harry’s hand and put it in her own. Harry’s hand felt cold like ice. Actually his whole body felt cold. Three long days he had been lying like this and now Hermione could not help but remember how it happend.
~Flashback~

Harry had just apparated in his and Hermione’s flat in London, when Hermione came running over to him. “Where have you been?” she demanded.

“Work. Where else?” He leaned forward to kiss her, but she backed away.

“I think you forgot your promise!”

“What promise?”

“You promised me that since our child is due in two weeks, that you would spend more time with me and if possible you would drop out of work for three weeks!”

“Oh, that promise. Honey, we have a busy month with all those Death Eaters still running around. There is no way for me to drop out of work now.”

“That is exactly what you told me a month ago! I think you are starting to care more about work than about me!”

“Sweetheart, it’s not like tha-“ Harry stopped. A soft beeping came from his pocked. Hermione groaned.

“Go ahead. It’s your choice.” With that she left the room, and went back into the kitchen.

The beeping grew louder with every second that passed. Finally after a while Harry decided to answer the call. “Yes?”

“Finally! Harry it’s me Ron. We got a code 11 down here in Diagon Alley! You need to come!” Ron spoke so hastily that Harry hardly understood a word, but he got the part about a code 11.

“Ron, this is a bad time! Can’t you work it out alone?”

“Harry, you have to come! It’s the Death Eaters again!”

Harry didn’t notice that Hermione came back into the room.

“Get out! Now! You made your choice!” she shrieked.

“Hermi-"

“No! Get out!”

Harry had no choice but to apparate.

~End of Flashback~

Now Hermione remembered how she had gotten an owl saying that her husband was lying in St.Mungo’s and that five stunning spells had been shot right into his chest in the battle. Not that she was not used to it, since Harry was an auror. But five stunning spells?

Hermione put Harry’s hand back and touched her stomach. Please. Please let Harry be awake when the baby comes, she thought. There was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Hermione said weakly. The door opened and Ron, Luna and Ginny came in.

“Hi,” Ginny said quietly. She had grown a lot since Hermione had last seen her. But her hair was still the same. Red.

“How are you?” Luna asked, sitting down next to Hermione and taking her hand.

“OK, I guess.” But her tears where still visible. She quickly dried them with her other hand.

“Don’t lie. I know you miss him. We all know and we miss him just as much,” she said, looking over to Harry.

Hermione let out a sigh. “If only I hadn’t yelled at him,” she mumbled.

“Hermione. Stop blaming yourself. It’s not going to change anything.”

“But-"

“No buts," Luna said gently but firmly. "Come, lets go get a coffee for you. And I think you are not the only one who could use a good coffee now.”

Luna looked at Ron and Ginny. “You coming?”

“Sure,” Ginny said, following them out the door.

“I’m coming,” and Ron too followed them out the door.


_____

a/n: Hope you like it. It's my first one!

a/n: I know that Luna seems to fix everything. But there is more trouble ahead.