Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

With you by Kaily_Kiss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
a/n So many readers but hardly any reviewers ( This means I would like some more reviews )


Chapter 2.
Help from an angel


After the coffee Hermione did feel better. Luna seemed to have melted her fears of losing Harry away. “Luna did a great job at cheering Hermione up,” Ginny whispered to Ron.

“I know she seems like an angel to me. That’s why I started to date her in the first place,” Ron whispered back.

“You are only dating her because you think she’s an angel?” Ginny chuckled.

“Whatever.”

Meanwhile, Hermione and Luna threw their empty coffee cups away. Hermione had not once thought about Harry, for a whole hour. But now the memories came back to her and she felt like crying again. Luna looked at her smiling friendly. And now Hermione too got the thought that she might be an angel. “You want to stay here or go back?” Luna asked still smiling.

“I think I want to go back now.”

Maybe, just maybe Harry will be awake when we come back, Hermione thought. So they walked back to room No. 1009, which was the room Harry was in.

As Hermione opened the door, her heart sank. There was Harry, lying just like she had left him. Tears began to build up in her eyes. Luna, who noticed this, hissed to Ron: “Do something.”

“And what exactly do you think I should do?” Ron mumbled back. Luna let out a sigh.

“Hermione, please don’t cry,” Ginny said, her voice shaking.

“Get a grip, Hermione,” Ron said. Luna couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

“Ron! How could you?” Luna nearly screamed at him. She continued to yell at him for a few minutes and reminded Ginny very much of Mrs. Weasley.

Then with a tiny voice Hermione said to Luna: “It’s ok. I don’t blame Ron for having to listen to me all day.”

She left the others and walked over to Harry’s bed. Hermione looked down at him, he looked very pale and different without his glasses. Again she took his hand and again it felt the same way, ice cold. She stood there for a while just looking at her husband. Why? a voice in her head said Why did you have to yell at him? Because she was mad at him! another voice answered. Finally after ten minutes she turned and walked toward the others, who talking quietly in a corner. But then Hermione suddenly let out a scream which filled the almost empty room. Ron, Luna and Ginny were at her side in an instant.

“What’s wrong?” Ginny was the first one to ask her.

“Is it the baby?” Luna demanded.

“Alright ... baby ... just ... kicked ... me ... really ... hard!” Hermione gasped while touching her stomach.

“Man, I thought you were gonna die!” Ron sighed. Luna rolled her eyes at him. He always says the wrong thing at the wrong time, she thought.

“Come sit down for a few moments, you’ll feel better,” Ginny gently pushed Hermione over to one of the chairs by Harry’s bed. This way she was way more comfortable. Again Hermione looked down at Harry and sighed. She silently began to cry. How she wished she could be with Harry right now. Remainders of happy and sad times slowly began to fill her head: “I love you Hermione!” “I love you too!” “Will you marry me?” “Get out! You made your choice!” “Your husband is in room no. 1009.” “I’m so sorry Hermione!” “Hermione, stop blaming yourself.” The last words echoed in her head as if she stood in a deep, dark cave. Hermione tried to think about something happy, but nothing came to her mind. Lost so deep in her thoughts she didn’t even hear the knock on the door.

“Come in!” Luna said, trying to sound cheerful. One of the healers came in. This young woman looked extremely nervous. She walked up to Luna and opened her mouth: “I have some very bad news!”

Luna pulled the healer with her into a corner, leaving the other two with Hermione. She faced the healer, staring her directly in the eye. “What kind of news?” The healer stared over to Hermione and then back to Luna, not sure if she was the person she was looking for. “Are you Hermione Potter?” she finally managed to ask.

“No, but if you really bring bad news, I don’t think she wants to hear it.” Because the healer looked so puzzled she added: “She is too depressed already.”

Slowly the healer nodded. “OK here is the news: If Harry Potter doesn’t wake up withing a week, he will die in his sleep sooner or later.”

Luna gasped. What? No that can’t be, she thought. Her mind was racing like crazy. What would she tell Hermione? She buried her face in her hands. OK, think, Luna! Think! But nothing useful came to her mind. Ron came over to them.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Luna hugged him tightly. Tears came rolling down her cheek.

“I’ll tell you and Ginny later,” she answered quietly. Now Ginny had noticed that Luna was crying. She walked over to them. “What’s wrong?”

“We’ll talk later,” Ron whispered. He hugged Luna even tighter.

Hermione who now noticed that the others had left her, turned her head and saw Luna and Ron hugging each other and a bewildered looking Ginny next to them. The healer still standing in a corner, nervously looked around. When she saw that she was no longer needed, she walked past Luna, Ron and Ginny and then out the door.

Finally Ron looked up and said to Hermione: “We’ll be outside if you need us.” All three of them walked out the door and Ginny who was last closed it.

Hermione could not resist. Slowly without making a sound, she walked over to the door and pressed her ear against it. “What?” Ginny almost shouted.

“You heard her. If Harry doesn’t wake up within a week he could loose his life!” Ron said grimly. Tears filled Hermione’s eyes, but she continued to listen.

“So, what are we going to tell Hermione?” Ginny asked.

“That is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out!” Luna replayed.

“Let’s just go back inside,” Ron said.

Hermione backed away from the door. But she took a few steps too many. She stumbled into a chair, lost her balance and fell right on top of the chair. The door bursted open and Ron, Luna and Ginny came running over to her. “What happened?” all of them asked at the same time.

“Just lost my balance,” Hermione mumbled embarrassed.





a/n Hope you like it! ( Remember what I said about reviews! )