Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

With you by Kaily_Kiss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
a/n After this story is finished I'll write another!
a/n I’m very sorry to say that I’m only going to write 5 chapters! (Well maybe 6 if you behave!)

Chapter 4.
4 days to go!


Three days later.

“Hey Hermione,” Ginny stepped into room No. 1009. “What do you think?” She turned in a perfect circle showing off her new lime green dress which matched her eyes. (Ginny wore contacts which were a lime green, in case you are wondering why her eyes are green instead of hazel.)

“Gin I really think this is not the right time to think about dresses,” Ron hissed to her. He and Luna came into the room right after Ginny.

“Then when is the right time?” Ginny demanded.

“I thought you were the smart one,” Ron said, trying not to look annoyed.

Hermione stood up from her chair and looked at Luna. Hermione was pale, skinny and had dark shadows under her eyes. It seemed like she hadn’t slept, eaten, or done anything over the last few days. Luna shuttered. Never in her life she had seen anyone who looked pale, skinny and had dark shadows under their eyes all at the same time. Luna faked a small smile. Hermione’s eyes were red from crying too. She handed Luna a piece of parchment. On it was a line graph showing if it was going up or down with the patient. At the first sight it looked like everything was fine but then Luna noticed that under 9-27-03 the line was going down. It stopped a centimeter before the number zero. Luna was trying very hard not to think about what would happen if the line would reach zero.

“Ron! Come over here and look at this!” she yelled across the room to Ron and Ginny who were still in their argument about Ginny’s new dress. Ron looked up and left Ginny behind.

“What’s the matter honey?” he asked and gave Luna a kiss on her forehead. Without a word Luna gave Ron the parchment. Ron took a good look at it and his jar dropped. He looked at Luna in disbelief. She simply looked at him and turned to Hermione.

“I think you need a coffee again,” Luna said quietly. Hermione nodded. Luna turned to Ginny, who was staring out the big window on the east side.

“Ginny could you get Hermione a coffee?” she asked. Ginny seemed quiet pleased to leave the room. She gave Luna a quick nod, turned on her heel and walked over to the door. In a second she was outside. Now Luna turned her head to Hermione.

“Did you sleep well last night?” she asked gently.

“I hardly slept at all,” Hermione replied weakly. She turned back to Harry, who was of course still lying motionless on his bed. Softly she began to cry. Luna stared at Ron. “Do something,” she mouthed. Ron scratched his head. He walked over to Hermione and hugged her tightly. Luna smiled. Just for once, Ron had done the right thing, she thought. Hermione still had tears on her cheeks but Ron dried them for her.

“Are you OK?” he asked her quietly. She nodded and buried her head in Ron’s chest. How good it felt to be held by someone. Even if that someone was not Harry, Hermione thought. For a long time they just stood there hugging each other. Then Ron released Hermione and looked at her face. Hermione looked back and forced a small smile. That satisfied Ron and he walked back to Luna.

“I love you,” Luna whispered into Ron’s ear.

“I know that!” Ron whispered back. Luna laughed softly. I only wished Hermione could be as happy, Luna thought. She turned to Hermione again and said: “How wou--“ she stopped. The door flew open and Ginny and Draco came in, flirting with each other! They didn’t even notice all the others! Ginny had no coffee in her hand. Apparently she forgot all about that.

“You have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen!” Draco said, holding the door open for Ginny. Ginny gave him a dreamy look, like she was going to melt in his eyes.

“So do you!” she answered with her dreamy look. Draco closed the door and took one of Ginny’s hands.

“You want to go out for dinner tonight?” he asked her.

“Oh, well I have noting else planed.”

“I’ll take that as a yes!” Draco pulled Ginny up and kissed her just like he had kissed Hermione.

“Excuse me! You aren’t the only ones in this room!” Luna said trying very hard not to laugh. Ron (who would normally have yelled at Ginny) also tried to keep from laughing. Hermione looked shocked. Not because Draco had just kissed another woman in front of her eyes, but because it remained her of the many times Draco had kissed her in their sixth year.

Meanwhile Draco and Ginny had turned so red that it was impossible to tell who was redder. If you looked at Ginny you could hardly tell if she had any hair at all and if you looked at Draco you would just laugh because he looked so ridiculous when he was red.

And that was exactly what Luna did. She started to giggle and her giggle turned into a laugh. Because Luna started to laugh Ron started to laugh too. Soon everyone laughed. Hermione only laughed a little, but a little was better than not laughing at all.

When all of them finally calmed down the room grew very quiet. Everybody thought for a while. Luna thought about what she could do to make Hermione happier. Ron thought about what to eat for dinner. Hermione (of cause) thought about Harry. Ginny thought about how her eyes would look if they were blue. And Draco thought- (No I’m to embarrassed to write what he thought! But here’s a hint: he kept looking at Ginny’s butt!) Ron, who noticed that Draco was looking at Ginny’s butt, gave him the dirtiest look he had. Draco just shrugged and tried to look somewhere else.

It was getting late, and Ginny and Draco said goodbye. After they had left Ron received a call, which said he was needed at 187 Magic avenue in London. So Luna and Hermione were the only ones left. You still have to buy groceries, Luna remembered. “Is it ok if I leave, too?” she asked cautiously.

“Oh, sure,” Hermione replied quietly, but she didn’t sound so sure. Luna noticed that and said: “I can buy my groceries later if you like.”

“No, no I’m fine,” Hermione insisted and this time her voice was stronger.

“Well, OK,” Luna finally gave up. She turned to leave but stopped about a meter before the door. “Sweet dreams,” she said, turning one more time.

“Sweet dreams,” Hermione said back. Luna left and closed the door behind her.

“Sweet dreams,” Hermione said quietly to Harry and for one second she could almost hear his voice saying “Sweet dreams” back to her.




a/n Review, Review!