Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Between the Lines by chocomaniac

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Yay! Second chappie! Read on.....


Chapter Two
When Ginny woke that morning in early July, it was to the melodious screams and wails of her three month old nephews, Albie, who had been named after Professor Dumbledore, and Chris. They were growing up so quickly, it felt as though it had been days, not months, since she had first held them in her arms.

Ginny rolled out of bed, pulling on her dressing gown and slippers as she went out of the guest room, or her room, as it had been for the past three months, and towards the bathroom. She had moved in with Ron and Hermione to help with the boys and housework and making sure that there was always food in the house. It was hard to fit around her busy work schedule, but it was worth it, so she managed as well as she could.

She walked into the bathroom and turned on the tap, splashing the cool water onto her face, the flow of the water running through her fingers like sand in an hourglass. She felt more awake now.

Ginny heard Hermione’s exasperated, exhausted voice as she tried to quieten the still screaming children. She heard it as well as she had always heard it, but for one moment, she just stood and listened. And horribly, one moment later, she realised that for a second that she hadn’t cared, had wanted Hermione to suffer for having a family when she didn’t. When she couldn’t. Not until Harry came home.

Ginny had always wanted children. She’d gotten that from her mother, from growing up with so many brothers. She didn’t want as many children as her mother had- that would just to be too much. But she did want children. A proper family.

Ginny was pulled suddenly from her thoughts by a particularly loud shriek. She breathed deeply, blocking out the horrible thoughts of jealousy, and walked down the hall towards the kitchen.

Hermione was hysterical. Her hair was sticking out at all angles, yesterday’s mascara smeared across her eyes. She had some form of baby food all over her jumper, and she was practically in tears. She had Chris on one hip, bouncing him gently and coaxing him with a bottle of milk. Albie was in his rocker, which she was rocking with one foot.

She looked up at Ginny desperately as she walked in. ‘They just won’t stop crying. I’ve tried everything, Gin. And I’ve got that wedding to go to today. I thought I could take them, but I can’t when they’re like this.’ She collapsed onto a chair, exhausted and on the verge of a breakdown.

Ginny took Chris from her and put him in his rocker next to Albie. She took Hermione’s wand from the table and conjured two dummies, which she stuck into the boys’ mouths, and they started sucking happily.

Hermione looked like she was about to kiss her. ‘Thankyou. I seriously don’t know what I’d do without you, Gin.’

‘It’s nothing. You know I’ve always been happy to help out,’ she said. She looked down at the boys, who were smiling mischievously. ‘But I’ve got a feeling that they’re going to start crying again as soon as you get to the wedding. Whose is it, anyway?’

‘This guy at work is getting married to Padma Patil- which is great, because there’ll be some people I knew at school to talk to. And you’re right about the boys- it’s like they enjoy torturing me. I don’t know how Molly did it.’

‘Look Hermione, you go get ready. I’ll stay with the boys today.’

‘Are you serious, Gin?’ she asked. Ginny nodded. ‘Oh, thanks so much!’

Ginny watched as Hermione hurried down the hall to her bedroom. She made a cup of tea and grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill.

She started writing.

Cameron,
We’ve had a bit of a problem with the boys today, and Hermione’s got a thing to get to. I’m going to stay here with Albie and Chris. Can you tell everyone I’ve got a cold or something? I’ll be in tomorrow.

Thanks, and lots of love,
Ginny


She rolled up the parchment and sealed it with her wand. She whistled softly, and about thirty seconds later, a brown owl, speckled with white flew in through the open window and sat on the back of one of the kitchen chairs. Ginny tied the parchment to the owl’s leg, stroking her as she did so. Her name was Venus, and although the parchment had no address, she knew exactly where to go. She’d been there many times before.

As her owl soared out of the house, and disappeared into the heavy grey clouds, Ginny thought back to how she’d met Cameron.

He’d really been a blessing, although she hadn’t seen that at the time. He had been employed into her department at the Knights’, or wizard lawyers’ office. It was about a month after Harry left. He’d come up to her and introduced himself.

‘Hi, I’m Cameron Parker. As in nosey Parker- I think Cameron means nose. As in “the reason I can’t see past the end of my nose, Cameron, is because you’re standing right in front of me!”’

She’d laughed, and introduced herself. And ever since that day, she’d been his friend. Ginny had always felt like she’d known him, he was easy to talk to, and he always knew how to make her laugh. They’d become very close over the past few years. He’d always been caring and ready to listen when she needed to talk, and his arms were always open when she couldn’t help but cry. If it weren’t for Cameron, Ginny didn’t think she’d have made it through those first few months. She had a lot to thank him for. He was her protective older brother, and she loved him for it.

Just then, Venus flew back through the window, another piece of parchment attached to her leg. Ginny hurriedly opened it and smiled as she read the green ink on the page.

Ginny,
It’s not like I don’t trust you or anything, but I do worry for your sanity sometimes. Are you sure you’ll be okay with the boys all day? I know what a handful- no, make that an armful- twins can be. I’m going to stop by before work to check on you.

See you then.

Your ever nosey Cameron.


Ginny shook her head, still smiling into space. Rocking the twins with her foot, she picked up her wand and turned on the radio, suddenly ready for whatever the world could throw at her.






Disclaimer: none of it belongs to me. I'm only going to say it once, but continue thinking I'm JK if you wish.

c ya next chappie

luv ya lots,
chlo xoxo