Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting It Out by longbottomluvr21

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione slammed her quill down on the table. She simply couldn’t concentrate. Who did Ron Weasley think he was, accusing her of putting everyone up against Viktor? And its not like it had anything to do with him. It was about this stupid guy who asked Ron to ask her for him. Why was Ron so offended? Why did he hate Viktor so much? I mean as far as she knew Viktor had never done anything to him. Ron had never even given him a chance! Thinking about all of this over and over again in her mind still didn’t change the fact that she was still, hopelessly, madly, inescapably in love with him. “Men….” She muttered as the picked up her quill attempting to get back to her work.

“I’m an idiot.” Ron thought to himself as he lay on his back upstairs in his dormitory. “I’m an idiot. I’m an idiot.”

“I’M A COMPLETE IDIOT!” he yelled out loud this time

“Well its great you’ve finally come to the conclusion yourself mate, but we all knew that.” Harry said walking in.

“You don’t get it Harry….. I’ve completely messed everything up. Which brings me back to…I’m an idiot….” Ron said sounding depressed.

“Well just what did you do?” Harry said sounding interested.

“ If I tell you, and you laugh, I will strangle you,” Ron said sternly.

“ Oooh this must be something good then.” Said Harry grinning.

“Just promise you won’t okay?” Ron asked.

“Promise. Just tell me!” Harry said

“ See well we’ve never really talked about it Harry so I really don’t know if you know but I….. I kind of have a thing….for…..for Hermione.” He blurted the last part thankful he got it out.

“ Gee, you don’t say?” Harry said sarcastically

“You mean you knew?” Ron asked sitting up.

“ Of course I knew Ron! How could you not know? It’s so obvious! In fact the only person I think that doesn’t know is… Hermione…….. But what did you do that made you such an idiot?” Harry asked.

“Well see I was trying to ask her to the dance… in my own weird way… anyway something happened then I was yelling at her about Viktor for no reason and she stormed off.” Ron explained.
Harry was quiet for a moment and then said

“Gee man you are an idiot…..”

“Thanks…” Ron said sarcastically and fell back on his bed.

“Well… what are you going to do?” Harry asked.

“No Idea mate… no idea. Lets not talk about it anymore. It’s making me depressed. Who were you thinking of asking to the dance?” Ron asked.

“Maybe I should talk to Ron about asking Ginny first… not that she’d actually go with me after the episode last night” Harry thought bitterly.

“Been meaning to talk to you about that mate…” Harry said

“Okay… shoot.” Ron said

“Well what would you think of me…me asking Ginny?” Harry asked quickly. Ron was silent for a moment. Harry almost thought he was going to start screaming at him, strangling him, anything that wasn’t good. But then slowly but surely a smile crept up on Ron’s face.

“You dig my sister.” Ron said half laughing. Harry smiled back embarrassed.

“You dig my sister!” Ron said smiling wide.

“So you’re okay with me asking her?” Harry asked

“ Of course! I mean its better you than some of the other thickheads around here. So when are you gonna ask her?” Ron asked.

“ See now there’s the problem… things got a little awkward last night. I’m pretty sure she has absolutely no interest in me whatsoever.” Harry confessed. Although it was kind of weird talking about this with the brother of the girl he liked….

“That’s it man…. we’re done for. Neither one of us can get our girls. Its hopeless.” Ron said,

“Got that right…” said Harry as he collapsed on his back next to Ron.



“Hey Hermione” Ginny said sitting down in the chair opposite her.

“Hey Ginny” Hermione said.

“ You sound upset” Ginny noticed.

“ You don’t sound so happy yourself…” Hermione commented.

“ You first then” said Ginny

“Okay…” said Hermione putting down her quill and paper. “well I’ve told you I like Ron… and well I was really hoping he’d ask me to the dance… then I was in the library yesterday, and the way he was talking I really thought he was going to ask me. But it turned out he just wanted to set me up with someone else. Then we got in this stupid argument about Viktor. I haven’t talked to him since… Okay now your turn.”

“Well, you know how hard it’s been for me to get over Harry, and I was really doing okay. I was hardly ever thinking about him. But he started taking this sudden interest in catching up with me. And of course I enjoyed it but what if it’s all in my head? I mean I can’t destroy everything I’ve worked for just because there’s a possibility of something happening. A very small chance.” Ginny explained.

“Why do we let ourselves get caught up in all this?” Hermione asked.

“No clue. But now we both have huge messes to deal with." Ginny said.

"What do you think I should do?” Hermione asked.

“If you ask me I think you should just wait it out. Not to say if someone asks you, you shouldn’t accept. But Ron will come to his senses sooner or later. Just don’t let him bother you.” Ginny said.

“Thanks for letting me vent Gin.” Hermione said.

“Anytime,” Ginny replied “ But what are we going to do about me?”

“Well Gin I’m not saying Harry liking you is impossible, in fact it makes a lot of sense, but why kill your mind power until you have more proof?” Hermione suggested.

“Your right Hermione. Lets make a deal. Unless we have reason to believe we will be asked or have been asked by Harry or Ron in 5 days, then we give up and accept someone else. Deal?” Ginny asked.

“Deal” said Hermione.


plz review :)