Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting It Out by longbottomluvr21

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Ginny slipped out of class as fast as she could. It was so hard, working her schedule around Harry. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to see him…She just didn’t think she could face him. She hadn’t felt like this in years.


Okay Ginny just think things through, you’ll eat a late dinner, so you’ll be last in the common room where it’ll be more crowded, then you’ll slip up to the dormitory, and be safe Ginny thought to herself then off to an early breakfast and then to class. Wait…. What about lunch? Can I go without lunch?


“Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention at all,” she said, not looking up as she quickly gathered her things.


“It’s okay, ” said a voice, with a little laugh.


Oh no… that voice. My luck, it’s Harry. Okay keep calm Ginny, just casually walk away … she thought.


“Well got to get to class…” she said, turning quickly.


“Wait, Ginny I wanted to - “ Harry called out.


“Sorry Harry, but I really do have to go,” she said, not daring to turn around and look at him. Why did this have to be so hard?


It had been three days, and Ginny was tired of running around. Hermione on the other hand, was tired of waiting. She noticed Ron staring at her in classes, and occasionally giving her a weak smile. She wanted to talk to him, but she wasn’t going to forget how Ron had treated her about Viktor. And even if they did makeup, it wasn’t like Ron was going to ask her to the dance. He tried to get her with someone else! He was probably interested in someone like Lavender, or Parvati, who always looked pretty and perfect.


She was finished with classes, and it was just about sunset, so she thought she’d stroll outside. She spotted her favorite bench and went and sat down.


It’s so pretty out here, she thought. She began to feel a little bit better about everything, and much more relaxed. Her pleasant thoughts were broken by the one voice that she wanted, and didn’t want to hear.


“Hey Hermione…” said Ron timidly, as he sat down beside her, “feel like talking?”


“I suppose,” said Hermione.


“Look I’m sorry I blew up at you the other day Hermione. It was totally unnecessary, “ said Ron apologetically.


There he goes again saying all the right things…and when you least expect it, Hermione thought.


“Thank you Ron, that’s really sweet of you, and I forgive you,” said Hermione. Ron seemed to go back to his laid-back self after that.


“But you know, you did kind of hurt me with all that Viktor stuff… we’re not even dating anymore… and I don’t know what you were getting at with the whole conversation, anyway,” Hermione said.


“Hey I said I was sorry,” said Ron, a little defensively.


“I know…but I mean this isn’t exactly the first time…..” answered Hermione.


“What do you mean?” asked Ron.


“Well I mean, you do kind of pick at Viktor constantly,” said Hermione.


“I do not! I mean, not for what an oaf he is…” answered Ron.


“You just did it Ron!” said Hermione.


“ Look I didn’t come here to fight,” said Ron.


“Well why did you come? Obviously you’re not apologizing for all the things you say about Viktor! Why don’t you go practice how you’ll ask Lavender or Parvati to the dance!? You're wasting your time here!” yelled Hermione. She stood up abruptly and stormed off.


“Hermione, wait!” Ron yelled running after her, “what on Earth are you talking about?”


“Ron you know exactly what I’m talking about! But you don’t have to stand around and pity me anymore!” Hermione yelled running off again.


“Hermione - “ Ron stopped when he looked up to see that Hermione was talking to Seamus Finnigan. She was listening to something Seamus was saying, casting Ron odd looks as he talked. Ron started to walk up to her and Seamus when he was stopped short by what Hermione said.


“Sure I’d love to go to the dance with you,” Hermione said, blushing, finally managing to get away. She looked back to see Ron rubbing his forehead, looking upset…


Ginny was enjoying some quiet time in her dormitory, when Hermione walked in.


“Ginny I kind of broke our deal. Seamus asked me to the dance, so I just said yes. Sorry,” said Hermione.


“It’s okay Hermione, really, “ said Ginny, softly smiling.


“Ginny why are you up here in the cold? There’s a fire in the common room. You’d be much more comfortable,” said Hermione.


“I’m kind of avoiding Harry…” said Ginny.


“Oh well he’s at dinner, so I think it’s fine to go down there,” said Hermione.


“Great. I’ve hated staying up here all the time,” said Ginny. She gathered her things and headed down to the common room.


“I’ll be at dinner if you need me,” said Hermione.


“Okay, thanks,” said Ginny. It was so much warmer in the common room. She pulled a blanket from a sofa and wrapped it around her as she sat by the fire. After she finished her work, she decided just to sit by the fire until Harry came back. It was much better down in the common room than up in her dormitory.


She leaned her head against the back of the chair, and closed her eyes. What kind of mess had she gotten herself into? She felt so trapped. This was supposed to a fun age, where you try new things, or meet new people or… something. It was definitely not supposed to be like this…


“Ginny…are you okay?”


Ginny’s eyes whipped open to show her Harry standing alone in the doorway.


“Yes I’m fine… I should probably head back upstairs…” she said.


“Why? I’m sure it’s freezing up there,” Harry said.


“Oh I’ve got blankets. I’ll be fine,” Ginny replied.


“I haven’t seen you around lately, Ginny. Where’ve you been?” asked Harry.


“Oh you know just busy with…things,” said Ginny.


“Look Ginny, I don’t know what I did, but could you just tell me why you’re avoiding me?” asked Harry.


“I’- I’m not avoiding you…” answered Ginny.


“Yeah you are Ginny, you’re doing it right now…” said Harry. Ginny didn’t know what to say. They simply stood there staring at each other. Finally Ginny spoke up holding back tears.


“You didn’t do anything Harry…..It’s me…..It’s all me…” said Ginny, turning to run up the stairs.


“Ginny I - “ he started, until he was cut off by a door slam.


How could she accept Seamus? Ron thought to himself…


"Seamus stutters, and never says anything worth talking about! He doesn’t know what makes her laugh, or her worst fear…and Seamus didn’t spend the whole summer working out… and that wasn’t just for Quidditch!"


“I always kinda figured you couldn’t love Quidditch enough to actually wake up and do something in the summertime… but if you had an extra motive…” said Harry walking in the door. “ You know you have a real problem with thinking out loud. “


“She said yes to Seamus! Stupid little Seamus! What did Seamus ever do that was so great???” Ron spat.


“I don’t know…but maybe you should pay more attention,” said Harry.


“What do you mean?” said Ron.


“Well you’ve been trying to get Hermione forever, and Viktor and Seamus get her on the first try… clearly you’re doing something wrong,” said Harry.


“Thanks for all the help…” said Ron putting his hands in his face.


Hermione sat up in her room, talking with Ginny. “Ginny I know plenty of guys would love to go with you, so why don’t you just pick one?” Hermione asked.


“Maybe I should…” said Ginny.


“Well, you deserve to have fun at the dance,” said Hermione, yawning. “ I’m going to go to bed. Goodnight.”


“Goodnight,” said Ginny as she turned out the light.