Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Greatest Marauder by Prongsies_Girl_93

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, this is my first fic, so please tell me in a review if it is good or not. Enjoy.
The Greatest Marauder

The door banged. Lily Potter rolled her emerald eyes, shaking her head as she brushed a stray strand of ruby hair out of her face. Her attractive husband, the infamous James Potter, stamped into the living room. She looked up from her novel and smiled. His hazel eyes softened for a moment, then hardened again.

“I hate him!” he burst out savagely.

“He’s not that bad, sweetheart,” Lily said soothingly.

James stared at his young wife in complete disbelief.
“Honey, I know you like to see the good in people, but come on! This is too far! Every meeting, he says, ‘How’s the home going, Potter?’ or ‘Must be nice not having to worry, and just staying in your little hidey-hole with your m-“ Here James faltered. “Your m-word of a wife. I hate him; I hate him, I HATE HIM!!”

A shocked look appeared on Lily’s face. She had never seen her husband lose control like this.

“James, please. I know your hate him, and I know Dumbledore is off his rocker-“

“Off his rocker?!?” James interrupted. “More like on vast amounts of Firewhisky.”
His wife glared. “But please try to stay calm. Your shouting is upsetting me, and it will set a bad example for our child.”

James sighed. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to upset you. He just makes me so frustrated sometimes.”

Lily giggled. “Sometimes? More like all the time. But it’s alright.” She smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips. But her smile carried a double meaning. He still hasn’t caught on, she thought. She strolled into the kitchen to get some tea for them while he sat down on the couch, exhausted. He loved his Flower so much. She was the sun to his world, his light in the darkness, she-wait, what did she say?

“Oh, dear Merlin,” she heard him mutter. “Oh, dear Merlin. OH, DEAR MERLIN!" He bolted into the kitchen and swung her around the small room

“You’re pregnant! This is awesome! We’re going to be parents! Dear, sweet Merlin, YES!” Lily gasped for breath; she was laughing so hard.

“James, put me down!” she squealed. “Put me down! The baby!” He gently put her down on the tiled floor, but then pressed his lips against hers. She melted into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck, while his hands wound themselves around her waist. They slowly pulled apart, and started to laugh.

“We gotta tell everyone!” James said. “Tonight!” Lily dashed to the cupboard and brought out the Floo Powder.

“We’ll call a meeting,” Lily said excitedly. “Just us and the Marauders, then everyone else tomorrow.” They grinned.

“We’ll have to be on our guard from now on,” James chuckled.

“Why?” Lily teased. “Because Sirius will take it upon himself to teach my child the way of a Marauder?”

“Well, that too,” James smirked. “But mostly because they’ll be arguing over who gets to be the godfather.”

***

“I CALL GODFATHER!” Sirius yelled at the top of his lungs.

“That won’t be possible, Padfoot,” Remus said in a serious (no pun intended) voice, but a twinkle of mischief in his eye.

“Why not, Moony?” Sirius asked indignantly.

“Because you’re too delinquent and irresponsible,” he replied, the only sign of laughter in his eyes. The whole group burst into screams of mirth.

“I demand that the boy be named after the greatest Marauder,” Peter said dramatically. “Moi.”

Sirius snorted. “Get real, Wormtail. I’m the greatest Marauder.”

“Not true, Padfoot,” Remus replied. “The greatest Marauder is me.”

"Yeah, sure, Moony," Sirius said sarcastically. "How can you be the greatest Marauder if you were the one who tried to get us to stop the pranks?"

“Guys, let’s not fight over a title that belongs to none of you,” James intervened. “The greatest Marauder of all time is, and will always be, James Gregory Potter.” And so the fight went on and on.

“PEOPLE!” Lily finally bellowed. “Firstly, how do you guys know that it’ll be a boy?” They looked at her incredulously.

“Um, Lily, sweetie,” James said carefully. “I’m a Marauder.”

“Yes, and?” Lily asked impatiently.

“And that means that all your kids will be blokes, of course!” Sirius stated as though she was nuts.

Remus grinned.“Sorry if you wanted a girl, Lils.”

“Yeah,” chirped Peter. “With James as the father, there’s absolutely no chance of it being a girl.”

Lily raised her eyebrows. “And secondly, we all know that there is one Marauder who is above all the rest, and it’s not any of you.”

The men looked completely blank. They were the Marauders. There weren’t any other Marauders. Who was she talking about?

“We all know that I am the greatest Marauder ever.” The men burst out laughing.

"Sure LIttle-Miss-Oh-So-Perfect," Sirius teased. Lily punched him in the shoulder, laughing.

Suddenly, the scene faded away into a black, grey house and an extremely grimy tapestry with golden names woven into the rough material. A tall, black-haired young man with emerald eyes pulled his head out of a stone basin that had a silvery substance floating around in it.

“Greatest Marauder indeed, mum,” he whispered. “Greatest Marauder indeed.”