Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

She'd Never Guess by Eve

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Lexi, why don't you just go out with him?" Lily asked impatiently. "He's a nice guy and he's obviously crazy about you."

Lexi brushed back her long dark hair and sighed. The two girls had been friends for years but they still disagreed over things like boys. Lily would love a tall dark haired boy to try to sweep her off her feet. Especially if that boy was smart, funny, and sweet. Lexi wanted some one a little more dangerous. A little more exciting.

"I'm not saying James isn't a great guy, Lils. But I don't want to be all settled down already. Maybe one day we will be together but right now I just want to have fun."

Lily sighed. Lexi had been friends with James and his friends for a long time and James had always had a crush on her. Sirius and Peter also liked her. Lily wondered what it would be like for all those boys to be fighting over her. It seemed like fun.

As if she was reading Lily's thoughts she said, "I think you and James should go out."

Lily spit out her morning coffee. "Excuse me? He likes you, remember? We only started talking this year."

Lexi smiled. "You two have so much in common though! You both take love way too seriously."

Lily couldn't understand why her friend was so flighty about falling in and out of love. It was such a special thing. Oh well. One day she'd fall for some one. Then she'd understand.

* * * * * *


"A notebook, huh?" Sirius said as he and James walked to their next classes. "You wrote to some girl you barely know?"

James shrugged. "I related. She seemed so sad."

"Maybe it's Lexi. You could go cheer her up," Sirius suggested.

James shook his head. The girl who had written the message was a little more poetic than Lexi. She was obviously smart and realistic but she was a romantic also.

"I don't think it was her."

They turned into their Potions class and stopped. The whole class was seperated.

"Ah, Mr Potter and Mr. Black. So nice that you could join us. Seperate. Everyone will be put into pairs in a moment," Professor Slughorn said.

"Why can't we choose our own partners?" Lily Evans asked.

Slughorn turned to Sirius. "Because last time you all chose your own partners, Mr. Black here got distracted and created a new species."

The class looked toward the cauldron with a bubbling blackish greenish thing inside.

"Down, Spot!" Slughorn said, amused.

James tuned out the professor as he thought about his problem with Lexi. She confused him easily. One minute she wouldn't seem to like him at all and the next she would flirt like crazy. But she said she wasn't ready for a relationship. James rolled his eyes. That was the oldest excuse in the book.

"James Potter, Lily Evans."

"What?" James said.

The professor frowned as the class giggled a little. "You are partnered with Lily."

"Right," James said, taking his seat next to her. "Head Boy, Head Girl. Makes sense."

Lily rolled her eyes. James could be so weird sometimes. And obvious. Now he was looking to see who Lexi would be partnered with.

"Sirius Black. Alexia Brown."

"Sorry," Lily said, as James frowned.

"No big deal," James said. "You're the best in the class, right?"

Lily shook her head. This would be interesting.

* * * * * * *


"You and Evans, huh?" Sirius said as the class left. "Interesting."

James raised his eyebrows. "Why is that interesting?"

Sirius shrugged. "You used to like her, right?"

James shook his head. "Used to. She was cute. I got over it. I like Lexi, remember?"

Sirius shook his head. "I don't know. You never really get over your first love. You never told me what happened anyway."

"Shut up," James said.

* * * * * * *


Lily found her notebook later that day. Suprised that her nosy roomates had left it alone she opened it up and was shocked to find the new note. As for some one to love, well…. I know she’s out there. I just have to trust that we’ll find one other, you know?

A sweet guy? Wow. Not many of them took the time to actually relate to what Lily said. Interesting.

Dear Diary... and person-I-hope-writes-again,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, and having the sensitivity not to laugh at my problems. It's nice to meet you. I was beginning to think all the nice guys out there were to busy falling for my friend. Who knows? You're probably one of them.
Can I ask you a personal question? Have you ever fallen in love before? Or do you just romanticize it? I do hope you respond.