Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Enchanted by Willow Rosenberg

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I'm not usually a huge endorser of Ron and Hermione, but this is part of a Christmas present for my friend. So here it is.
Also-while "Enchanted" mostly focuses on Ron and Hermione, there is a brief Ginny/Harry subplot-but it's not large enough that I'd add it in the categories.
There had been a time for mourning.

The land was shrouded in black, and fear and sorrow stood out on everyone’s face. But despite this, Hermione felt excitement bubbling through the lingering sadness. She had cried a little as she packed her old trunks and books, but in the end, she was left with only a quiet calm”the kind that Dumbledore’s presence had always instilled upon her”and she moved on.

Now she was eagerly shoving dress robes into her trunk, on top of her textbooks. She was arriving a few weeks early for Bill and Fleur’s wedding, a week and a half earlier then Harry. And as much as she enjoyed his company, she couldn’t stop the excited thrill that raced through her as she thought of the days alone with Ron.

After the disastrous occurrences of last year, Hermione had finally admitted it to herself. It’s not like I could help falling for him! She told the sensible part of her brain irritably.

She took the train out to the country, and then it was a short walk to the Burrow”a route she knew by heart. We have a chance now, me and Ron, she mused. I mean, we’ve stopped trying to make each other jealous. Besides, she thought, brightening, maybe with the wedding, he’ll be in the mood for love!

How unfortunately right she was.


Walking up the long footpath towards the Burrow, Hermione smiled as she heard shouting and laughing in the back. She quickened her pace. Suddenly, she heard the front door open, and she looked up as her heart threatened to lurch out of her chest. There was a flash of red hair”long read hair. Ginny Weasley ran toward her, and Hermione smiled, both disappointed and relieved.

“Hermione!” Ginny cried, throwing her arms around her. “I’m so glad you’re here! It’s been a nightmare, honestly…”

Hermione laughed, and hugged her back. Then, perceptibly, she pulled back to look at her friend. “How are you?” she asked softly.

“I’m ok,” Ginny said, shrugging. “I expect it will be worse when Harry’s here. I miss him, but I don’t know if I’m ready to see him.”

Impulsively, Hermione looped her arm through Ginny’s as they started back towards the house. “I’m sure it will all work out in the end,” she said.

Ginny shrugged, and then looked up in alarm. “Speaking of relationships,” she hissed fervently, “I think there’s something you should know…”

But then the door burst open again, and a girl burst out. She was exquisite”small and slender, with ivory skin and jet black hair that fell in ringlets down her back. Her face was impossibly lovely”deep blue eyes were set over high cheekbones and full, red lips. She was laughing as she ran barefoot onto the lawn, and in her blue summer dress, she looked more like a Muggle postcard then anything. Then she turned back to the house, and with her index finger, beckoned someone who was standing in the doorway.

Hermione’s mouth fell open. Ron, grinning widely, stepped from the porch towards the girl. He reached her in a few wide strides, and slid a hand around her tiny waist. He leaned forward, pressing his forehead to hers, and she ran her fingers down his upper arm (Hermione couldn’t help noticing that the white tank top he was wearing showed off his biceps quite nicely). They were in the middle of staring into each others eyes when Ginny coughed loudly.

Ron jumped, letting go of the girl, who pouted. “Ginny, what-oh. Um, hi, Hermione.”

Hermione looked at him a long moment before saying hello, and enjoyed his discomfort. “Made a new friend, I see,” she said coolly, startled at her own forwardness. “Are you going to introduce us?”

“Oh, um, right,” stammered Ron nervously. He put his arm around the girls waist, pulling her tight against his side. Hermione noticed with disgust that the girl arched and purred as he rubbed her spine with his thumb.

“Hermione, this is Elodie. Her family is here from the wedding”they’re friends with the Delacours. Elodie”” (Hermione wasn’t sure if she imagined the huskiness in his voice as he caressed her name) “this is my friend, Hermione.”

He stumbled a little over the word “friend”, and Hermione grinned wryly. Elodie noticed too, however, and scowled at Hermione before turning to wrap her delicate hand around Ron’s neck, standing on tiptoe to whisper something in his ear. He grabbed her hand and the two of them started back towards the hosue. Ron turned to grin
apologetically at his sister and best friend, but willingly let himself be pulled away. As they reached the door, Hermione had an urge to run and separate them, because walking through that door would mean the end of something. It was some line that he couldn’t cross, some point of no return.

The passed the threshold, the door snapping shut behind them.

Hermione sat down.

Ginny, looking worried, sank down in the grass next to her, reaching for her hand. Hermione looked down, noticing vaguely that her plain black robe was dusty, and that her mouse-brown hair hung lank in her face. She was miles away from the perfection of the ethereal girl lingering in Ron’s arms.

How could she compare?