Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Of Christmas Past by Chaser921

Printer
Summary: Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny find themselves in a Muggle hotel in Godric's Hollow on the Winter Solstice. During an enthusiastic snowball fight, Harry and Ginny step through a stone circle that transports them seventeen years into the past. This may be the only chance Harry has to spend with his parents, and it may also be what he needs to figure out his relationship with Ginny.


The warning is for later chapters.



Edit: So, this was originally strictly a Harry/Ginny fic, but Ron and Hermione kept trying to get together too, so I felt like I had to change the category. And there's a bit of Lily/James in there too, though they're already married, and I've also added a bit of Remus/Tonks. Poor Sirius is the only Singleton (though he may manage to get a girl of his own)!


Edit: This story was cannon until after Deathly Hallows came out, so I changed it to Alternate Universe, but it's still pretty close to cannon. Only a few things will end up being different when the story ends.



Edit: I've changed all of the chapter titles to the titles of Christmas songs that I felt reflected the events in the chapters best. Tell me what you think! Does it fit?
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Various Pairings
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Sexual Situations
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 20 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 63021 Viewcount: 195380
Published on: 01/02/07 Updated On: 01/15/12





1. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Chaser921 [ - ] (1805 words)
This was supposed to be a Winter's Tale Contest Submission but grew into something way too long. No worries, it should only be about six chapters. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys it, and I want to thank my wonderful beta, diamondre for all her excellent advice and helpful editing.

Disclaimer: I unfortunately don't own Harry or his world. That would be the obnoxiously lucky J.K. Rowling.

2. Walking in a Winter Wonderland by Chaser921 [ - ] (2752 words)
Sorry this took so long. What with the holidays, school, and writer's block, it took a bit longer than I expected. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, as I worked very hard on it! Much thanks to my beta, Yemeron, for helping me make it decent. And yes, she's different than the first one. Oh, and I lied, this is going to be at least 10 chapters, not 6. Maybe more, depending on how it goes...
3. We Wish You a Merry Christmas by Chaser921 [ - ] (2979 words)
Thanks very much to my wonderful beta Yemeron, who made this chapter much better than it originally was.
4. What Child is This? by Chaser921 [ - ] (2469 words)
Thanks very much to my beta, Yemeron, who edited this story for me while she had a cold. Talk about dedication! Oh, and I'm sorry to say it'll be a few weeks before I post anything; I've got two 15-20 page papers due in the next three weeks, so I'll actually be writing for school.
5. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas by Chaser921 [ - ] (2767 words)
In case this has been confusing, I'm going to clarify a few things. The prophecy was given to Dumbledore before July of 1980. My story happens during December of 1980. The Fidellus Charm was cast on or around October 24, 1981, (according to the Lexicon) and the Potters were betrayed and killed on October 31, 1981. For the purposes of my story, I'm going to assume that when the Potters went into hiding, they cast the Fidellus Charm so that no one could find their house at Godric's Hollow and didn't actually move anywhere else. In my story, they live in Godric's Hollow and only their closest friends (i.e. Dumbledore, the Marauders, and the Longbottoms) know where they live, but they're not in true hiding yet.

In other words, thanks a ton to my fantastic beta Yemeron, who helped me polish it up into something decent. I hope it's worth the wait! The next one should be out soon, I'm finishing it now and then my beta has to look over it fo me. At any rate, enjoy!

6. Silent Night by Chaser921 [ - ] (2907 words)
Sorry for the delay everyone, personal crises abounded, and then I had to get ready to be in London for six weeks. That's London, England. I'm doing a study abroad here, and I'll be here for Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows! Whooo! Anyway, before I get to excited, I want to thank my beta, yemeron very much, as this chapter kept getting stuck and she helped me a lot with, it.
7. Children, Go Where I Send Thee by Chaser921 [ - ] (3046 words)
Thanks very much to my beta Yemeron, who betaed most of it for me in record time, and thanks also to my suitemate Chelsea for helping with the finishing touches. I hope you lot are satisfied, I worked like a house-elf to get it out this fast! Hopefully it'll get posted before July 18...Enjoy! And I promise, more Harry and parents goodness is on the way in the next chapter!
8. Silver Bells by Chaser921 [ - ] (2194 words)
Sorry about the long wait guys; I had writer's block something awful. Thanks very much to my beta, yemeron, who betaed this for me when she wasn't feeling well. And sorry it's a bit short, but otherwise it would've been too long for a chapter. Enjoy!
9. Do You Hear What I Hear? by Chaser921 [ - ] (3509 words)
Sorry this took so long folks, real life has been incredibly hectic lately. I hope you all enjoy it! Many thanks, once again, to my beta, Yemeron, who is fantastic.
10. O Come, All Ye Faithful by Chaser921 [ - ] (3788 words)
I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving; I certainly did. And this chapter is nice and long, so it should make up for the length of time it took me to write it. Again, much thanks to my wonderful beta, yemeron. Enjoy!


11. Let There Be Peace On Earth by Chaser921 [ - ] (3514 words)
I am sooooooo incredibly sorry it's taken this long; what with finals, the holidays, and writer's block, it's taken me an incredibly long amount of time to write this bit. And then we had the hacker attack and the queue was in danger of collapsing, and I didn't want to be the one to crash it, so I waited longer. I hope it's worth the wait!
12. In the Bleak Midwinter by Chaser921 [ - ] (2651 words)
Hello everyone! I'm doing better about updating, see? I hope you all enjoy it, and hopefully, the next one won't be too far behind. Thanks again to my wonderful beta, Yemeron.
13. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing! by Chaser921 [ - ] (4819 words)
I'm really really really sorry that it's taken me so long to update. A...lot has happened, including a cross-country move, a job as a professor, a job as a waitress, a major breakup, and life in general. I've also had some problems submitting, so that's been fun too. Anyway, it's nice and long, so I hope you like it.
14. Here We Come A-Wassailing by Chaser921 [ - ] (3790 words)
Again, sorry this is taking so long. Anyway, I hope you guys like it! And much thanks to my beta, Yemeron.
15. T'was the Night Before Christmas by Chaser921 [ - ] (2697 words)
I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I know it's been forever and ever, and I do apologize. I just keep getting writer's block for months and months. Next time I work on a chaptered fic, I promise I'll write the whole thing first, and that way I'll get it up that much faster. Anyway, enjoy!
16. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Chaser921 [ - ] (4144 words)
To whomever mods this story: could you please try to make sure that the date on this story is changed so that everyone gets an email saying it's been updated? And that it appears on the "Most Recent" list? It hasn't happened the past few times, and I'm sure there are a few of my readers who think that I haven't updated this story in a year. Thank you, in advance.

Also, I'm sorry this has taken so very long, but I think you'll all be pleased with it. Merry Christmas.

17. Blame it on the Mistletoe by Chaser921 [ - ] (3080 words)
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I know this took forever, and I have no excuse.
18. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Chaser921 [ - ] (3477 words)
See? I'm doing better about posting! Aren't you proud? Believe it or not, I plan on finishing it now. I'm actually working on Chapter 19 as we speak.
19. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Chaser921 [ - ] (3068 words)
I'm sorry this took longer than last time, but at least it's better than a year, right? School's almost over - I'll be a lot better about posting over the holidays.
20. It Came Upon the Midnight Clear by Chaser921 [ - ] (3565 words)
I hope you all enjoy this!