Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Epilogue by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Daily Prophet

Magic World’s First Family Receives Another Member
As of March 15, the magic world can look forward to another spectacular wizard. Harry and Melody Potter, infamous for the demise of the Dark Lord, have added another child to their family. Sirius James Potter might live up to his parent’s abilities as he was born in a record 15 seconds, beating the previous holder, his sister with 19 seconds. It looks like the famous parents will have their hands full with Anna, now 2, and little Sirius. Wizardkind is buzzing with the arrival of a male heir to Harry’s ability and legacy. Sirius is named…



Melody laughed as she set the paper down. Harry was across from her, holding little Sirius. Anna was happily enjoying grapes in the seat next to her.

“It’s silly, really,” she commented on the paper.

Harry nodded as Sirius, a carbon copy of his father except for the lightning scar, spit out a little of his formula. Melody pointed at the spot that appeared on his jumper and it was instantly gone. Motherhood suited her more than she had thought with Anna’s birth.

“I find it funny that he is going to carry on my legacy as if Voldemort is going to come back or something.”

Melody looked up from her coffee.

“I wouldn’t put it past the monster.”

Harry rose and kissed her on the forehead before making his way to the door.

“That mountain has been climbed and destroyed. Now we just have little wannabes to deal with.”

Melody thought about Malfoy for a second, but comforted herself with the fact that he was in prison. She gathered Anna in her arms and they made their way up the stairs. Placing her in her bedroom, Melody moved to the doorway of Sirius’ room.

“I think I’ll go see the twins today,” she said in reference to Ron and Hermione’s new bundles.

“Good,” Harry said, placing Sirius in his crib, “While your there, tell them to stop copying us.”

“Actually, Sirius was born after Julia and Garrett,” Melody corrected.

“Either way, it’s strange.”

Anne came around the corner in her little pink dress and raised her arms up in the air towards Harry in hopes of being picked up.

“Daddy! Let’s fly!” she begged.

Melody was cautious when it came to Anna going for rides on Harry’s broom. Harry noted this in her expression and looked at her in hopes of permission.

“Fine, but let me change her out of her nice dress first,” she compromised.

After she had changed Anna, Melody lifted her into her arms and then crossed to Sirius’ room. She magically placed him in his levitating bassinet. The trio made their way down the stairs and in the entryway were met with the common ring of the doorbell.

Harry quickly appeared around the corner and pointed his wand at the door. With a flick, the door became transparent and Melody could decipher if it was just another annoying reporter.

To her surprise, Professor Trelawny, her frazzled coworker, stood on the other side with an unexplainable expression on her face.

Melody opened the door, but before she could say anything Sybil began a drawn out speech in a fixed state.

” Two families marked by joined arrivals
In full, two girls and three boys
Have awaiting them a grand reward.
In the youngest of the team of five
There is a fire of victory.
In the oldest of the quintet
A passionate heart of love
To share with the next in line.
The final two, alike by design
Are and will be a loyal tribe
These five hold the fate of a kind
As the imminent battle looms
And will one day strike
Five small infants just for now
Will become heroes alike”


She broke from her zombie state and proceeded to inquire about the baby.

When she had gone, Melody and Harry took a moment to consider the prophecy that had spouted from the less than qualified teacher. Aware of the seriousness of her other prophecies, they wrote it down, but the woman’s mind had completely gone long ago and even her prophecies seemed to be falling apart as far as truthfulness.


When summer had begun to fade and Melody was nearing the day that she would have to return to class, Harry and Ron decided a double vacation might be a good idea.

Mrs. Weasley enthusiastically welcomed the five children into her home. Anne took her post as kitchen help by digging out her special made apron that Molly had made up for her. Davon went hunting for Kevin who had promised to teach him how to play wizarding chess. Gabby had been enlisted to provide for the three babies, so she now gathered her niece and nephew in her arms to take them off to the living room.

All that was left was Sirius who cried the instant he was more than a foot away from his parents. Melody slowly rocked him for a moment before handing him off to Molly who confidently reassured the parents that she knew how to handle a baby that misses his mum.

The two sets of parents left the house gingerly as they almost regretted leaving their little ones. The guilt didn’t subside until they were basking in the warm sun.

At night, they met for a nice meal where they would reminisce about their younger times and all the foolishness that old friends exchange. Most common of there transfers were stories from Auror training for Ron and Harry and laughter over the dramatic happenings from their days at Hogwarts.

Rarely did they talk about the darker time with Voldemort or more recently Malfoy. There was a certainty in the air that they had finally found a peaceful state away from the trauma that plagued their youth. It brought a strange insurance that their children would never face that same sadness and fear.

This hopefulness was particularly evident in Harry. For Anna and Sirius, he had made himself a promise to keep them away from the things he faced as a young man. They would not lose their innocence to forces beyond their control.