Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What Lies Ahead by hpfan012

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This world and all of the charactors in it belong to the brilliant Jo Rowling.

Except for this story... THATS MINE!

sorry this chapter is a little short... after the final battle, they'll start getting longer. i promise! .......
SHOCK. What is it? A sudden disturbance of your emotions, a state of mind, a feeling in your gut that you can’t explain. Shock. Well, whatever it was, that’s what was happening at that very moment in the living room of the Burrow.



“Like I said,” Remus said quietly, “we’ll have to face it when it does.”



“Kingsely, where is it? When did it happen?” Minerva McGonagall asked quickly from the silence.



“Not five minutes ago, at… the… ministry,” Kingsley said panting, his face panic stricken.



“Well, you all know what to do,” Minerva said in a voice of forced calm to the order members, “the final battle has begun, let us go!” and with that the room was suddenly filled with pops as everyone diasapparated, all except for two.



“I’m going,” Ginny said automatically.



“No, Ginny, you can’t.”



“Yes I am Harry. I’M GOING. How many times do I have to say it? You have to let me do this,” Ginny urged.



Harry exhaled heavily, and thought for a minute. “I guess I can’t stop you. But if I tell you to go back, will you do it?”



“Harry-”



“Please Ginny, you have to promise me. I need you to.” Harry said.



“I-I promise.” Ginny said as Harry grabbed her hand.



“And if anything happens, I love you.”



“I love you too Harry.” Ginny said tearfully.



~***~



Ginny ran through the maze of flailing arms and legs of Order members and Death Eaters, amazingly she hadn’t been challenged yet but she had done everything she could to help out. In fact, she had helped save Neville from Macnair and she had helped Luna get out of arms reach of Bellatrix.



Suddenly, she felt a tight grip on her ankle and tripped, her hands broke her fall and she felt her right wrist crack under her weight.



She swiveled around on the ground. “Stupefy!” she gasped, hitting Augustus Rookwood square in the chest. The grip around her ankle loosened and she got up slowly using only her left hand, and she continued to run trying to find Ron, Hermione, or Harry.

She had been separated from Harry within the first minute upon arriving at the ministry; the last that she had seen of him was when he was fighting a Death Eater whose name she did not know. Looking left and right, she found herself lost within the battle, not knowing what to do, she continued on the search for her friends.



~***~



“Hello Ginny, nice to see you again.”



“What the-” was all she was able to say before she found herself within Voldemort’s grasp with his wand pointing at her chest.



“Tiss tiss, a witch caught off her guard? Hasn’t that useless boyfriend of yours taught you anything?”



“You wretch!” she yelled at him, causing the tight grip that was already cutting off her oxygen to become tighter, and he jabbed his wand harder into her chest.



“Now, now no need to get testy little girl… do you not notice the wand right in front of you? Do you not know how much pain I could cause you in one flick of my wand? Not a very sharp one are you? I wonder what that brainless, horrible excuse for a wizard Dumbledore taught you all those years. What a failure he was. Now, be a good little hostage and call for help, preferably for dear Harry, for I would very much love to speak to him,” he drawled.



“I was thinking along the lines of “NO”,” Ginny spat.



“No? Well if you insist, I guess I can use another way to get him here to “save” you… CRUCIO!”



Ginny let out a scream of pure agony. White hot knives were stabbing every inch of her body, her vision was going blank, all the air was leaving her lungs, and all she wanted to do was die. But as soon as is started, it was over. Her vision came back to her, and again the battle around her was raging on, but now Harry was standing in front of her. He had a look on his face that she had never seen before, it was a look of fear; he was scared. Scared for her life as much as she was for his, she wished that he hadn’t come to her aid.



“Let her go.” was all he said.



“No, I think I’ll keep her here with me until we get some things strait.” Voldemort growled. He started to walk in a circle Harry opposite of him; both had a look of anger on their faces. He shouldn’t have even been there, and it was all her fault. She had led Harry straight to Voldemort, to his death, and he had no backup. It was her fault and she couldn’t do anything about it.



Harry and Voldemort continued to stare as they walked in the circle, Ginny stumbling as Voldemort dragged her along, the wand still held up to her chest. “What is this? A chance for Harry Potter, “The Chosen One”, to show his worth? To prove he’s not weak eh? Let me tell you something Potter, I will not go down as easily as you may hope or think, I will not let some foolish teenage boy avenge me. You may be brave or powerful, no doubts about it, but you are nothing compared to I, the most powerful sorcerer in the world! But together, we could do extraordinary things.” Voldemort said. “Join me Harry. What say you? What say you to the offer I gave you eight years ago and again tonight? If you say yes, your little girlfriend here can be spared. What say you Harry? Will we have peace?”



“Yes,” Harry said quietly, Ginny’s eyes widened, he wouldn’t, “we will have peace when the people that suffered at your hands can be at rest, when your evil sorcery is over. When you are dead and your name is no longer feared and you are no more than a memory, then we will have peace.” Harry said, his words getting stronger with every syllable.



“How very touching… are you done now?” Voldemort asked heartlessly.



“Not yet,” Harry said through clenched teeth, “there’s one last thing… its time that we have that peace.” And without warning, he waved his wand and yelled “AVADA KEDAVRA!”



In the midst of naught but a few seconds, Voldemort had thrown Ginny to the ground before he shouted “AVADA KEDAVRA!” and with that, two bodies fell to the ground.



Shock. That’s what Ginny was in. Shock.