Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never To Be Forgotten by Valentinia

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: Anything you recognize isn't mine and belongs to JKR the fantastic author of six... pardon me, seven (*squee*) fantastic books.

Also, a huge thanks to solemnlyswear_x for give this fic a great betaing!

Warning: This fic includes really minor DH Spoilers. I was actually amazingly close, if I do say so myself! ;)
Never To Be Forgotten


Sometimes, I don’t know if my dream is true. Sometimes, I don’t even think it’s possible. Sometimes I know it is.

Sometimes I want nothing more than for it to be a lie. Sometimes I pray for it to be reality.

I can’t tell anyone about it. No one may know. They might laugh at me. They might use it against me.

It’s an old dream. I didn’t understand it at first. Back when I dreamt it then. Then. What a word. It was such a long time ago, then. Decades. I was just finished with school.

I knew him well, you know. I don’t know if anyone does. He knows. And I know. We were friends then, I think. I’m not sure. It was such a long time ago, but I think we were. Two gifted boys. Two brilliant teenagers. I think we met at seventeen.

We must have been friends, I’m sure. Such similar boys. Such bright boys. Boys with futures. He threw all of that away, of course but I used to be jealous of him. I can hardly believe that I used to envy his talent. Look at him now. He’s fighting a losing war. I know he is.

We’ve had recent victories, I know we have. I know it. I just can’t think of them now. I’m getting old. And I wonder if my dream will come true. I wonder if the dream I have when I’m awake will come true. Or the dream I dream when I sleep.

I know we’ve won battles. We’re winning. I know we are. War for four long years already. Or has it been five? I can’t remember. Yes, I can. I can! It’s been four. Hasn’t it? I hate war.

I hate war. I leave it to Alfred and he does it all for me. Alfred Handlich. Without him the war would be lost already. He is the leader of my SA, my Schmutzabschaffer, my removers of dirt. And I know he will keep them busily removing.

It is all about immortality and power. Everything that he threw away. The wizarding race must be worthy of my rule. Mudbloods are the first to go. You see, I can think clearly now! No dream clouding my judgment. I can recount the whole war if you want me to. The plan is to get rid of the Mudbloods first because there are less of them than there are Muggles. Muggles. What a disgusting word.

But they will serve their purpose. Hitler will fight alongside me while he is useful to my cause. And my cause is noble! I am fighting for the good of magic. I am fighting to fulfill a wonderful dream.

But no, not that dream. Not that dream again. I meant… I meant… I meant the dream that I want. Which one is that? Now it’s confused me again. I meant to tell about the war. The four long years of war. No. It’s been more. I am wrong. It’s almost been six years since we started. Six years.

I must see this through. And then when I am done, it will be easy to wipe out the Muggles, with all of Wizardkind behind me. It is not betrayal to kill them once they’ve done all they are capable of doing! Hitler is not nearly as honorable as I am. He tells the Japanese that they are his allies and he makes them honorary Aryans.

Well, I make Hitler an honorary Wizard. Hitler and his Nazis. A powerful force, I know it. But just as Hitler plans to rid the world of his “honorary Aryans” I will rid the world of him and of the remaining Muggles. But it will be easier to do it after using Hitler.

He’ll get rid of a good percentage for me. Not that I care about what the Muggles are like. I don’t. I hate them all. I know I do! But once the ones Hitler wants to get rid of are gone, there will be only less for me to betray. Only it’s not betrayal. I know it’s not.

I know it’s not, because I won’t even get the chance to do it. Or will I? The dream… the dream… It tells me that the world will collapse, that Hitler’s Reich will collapse. My KZs, my concentration camps that are filled with Mudbloods now will be filled with his disgusting Muggles as well.

I know it. I have seen it. I have Seen it! I know I have!

When he appeared in my dream, his face was gaunt and snake-like. His eyes were red slits, with a malice shining from them that even I could fear. His nose was simply a pair of nostrils on this hideous face, his lips thin and pale. His features looked almost to be made of wax, the cheeks unnaturally white.

I have had this dream a million times. I never considered it the truth. But now, as I awoke, I was filled with jealousy that he should rule over my land, that he should achieve what I seek. But, perhaps, he is only following in my footsteps. He is meant to fulfill my dream, and at least I know it will happen. I will win in the end. I know it. It will all be ruled by one worthy of fear, and the world will be as it should.

The dream will come true. It has to. I know it will. But I can’t stand the thought sometimes. And sometimes I can. Am I mad? No, no I’m not. I know I’m not. I know I’m not…

What am I doing here? Where is Alfred? Where are they all? Have I been in this battlefield all along? But where are my soldiers? Is that them? Handlich?

No. A soft voice. A deadly incantation. Verdammt. I can’t go down without a fight! I must fight. I cannot win, but I will not die here, not in this place, not on this field, not surrounded by his victory.

I will not! I have seen… A boy. 18, perhaps. Handsome. But his eyes… his eyes…

He stands behind my old comrade. Behind Dumbledore, but I know. I know who he is. I know what he will become. I think he knows of my dream. But I must be sure.

"Erinnere dich. Mein Traum. Erinnere dich an den Traum! My dream. Never forget. You must remember.”

The last thing I see, before the blinding light hits me is a tiny nod. My noble cause, my dream. It will never be forgotten. I know it.