Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Light Up My Life by KASK

Printer
Summary: Norah Kelley was the one James had always seen himself with. They had been together forever and he loved her. Lily Evans, on the other hand, was the one girl he truly loathed.

But in fifth year, with a changing outlook on life and problems finally surfacing at home, James and Lily began to a friendship. Both known for hating each other, they agreed to keep their friendship quiet.

But as things progress, James comes to find that he can't have everything and a decision has to be made. With this decision, James learns that what you expect isn't always what happens and love can spout from unexpected places.

This is told from James' POV.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 19287 Viewcount: 27990
Published on: 03/19/07 Updated On: 05/12/08





1. Witchy Woman by KASK [ - ] (1861 words)
JK's backdrop. My words.

Hello! Here is the first chapter of my brand new story. I've been working on it for quite a while, so maybe it's not so new. Anyway, I hope to capture the Lily/James situation in a new light.

I think I'll be doing chapter names the names of song/album/book titles. This chapter is named after the song Witchy Woman by The Eagles.

Thank you to my two Beta's: Preethi (miss padfoot) and Jenn (Jenn22291). I am enjoying working with both of you!


2. Never Surrender by KASK [ - ] (2205 words)
Thanks again to my Beta, Preethi!

The chapter is Never Surrender by Corey Hart. And that's exactly what James has in mind. :]

3. How Bizarre by KASK [ - ] (1877 words)
Thank you, Preethi! :]

The chapter is the song How Bizarre by OMC.

James doesn't expect this...

4. Make Me Lose Control by KASK [ - ] (1547 words)
The title of this chapter is the song 'Make Me Lose Control' by Eric Carmen -- something Lily doesn't have a problem making James do.

Thank you, Preethi. You're wonderful!

5. Change Your Mind by KASK [ - ] (1675 words)
Thank you, Preethi!

This chapter is Change Your Mind by Sister Hazel. It's an awesome song. The lyrics are great.

I hope you all like this chapter. The plot is a'twisting and it should be getting a bit more interesting. Tell me what you think!

6. The Fire Inside by KASK [ - ] (2859 words)
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait! End of the school year was quite crazy, but I'm back!

This chapter is The Fire Inside by Bob Seger. And a thank you to Preethi, you're the best. The lyrics** are My Girl by The Temptations.

7. Building Bridges by KASK [ - ] (3709 words)
Hello, readers! I just wanted to thank you all for sticking with this story. Sorry it took so long, I had to change some things around to fit into Canon. I'd also like to mention the newly added warning -- DH Spoilers. It isn't too bad, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, keep a lookout for my new Lily/James one-shot. It'll be up soon after this is accepted. :D

Thanks, Preethi. You're quite wonderful, as always.

This chapter is Building Bridges by Brooks and Dunn.



8. Rain King by KASK [ - ] (3554 words)
I'm really excited to be back! I should be updating this a lot more, now that everything is settling down.

This chapter is Rain King by Counting Crows.

Thank you Rachel_Marie for Beta'ing. :]