Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Girl Like You by Lady Alanna

Printer
Summary: After tragedy strikes at Beauxbatons Academy, the school is required to shut down. Several students are forced to transfer to the other magic schools in Europe. One of these students is Amelia Jordan, who, along with two of her siblings, is sent to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After being sorted into Gryffindor, Amelia's easy going personality helps her befriend Lily Evans and her friends Leah, Micky, and Haylie. Along with this, Amelia finds herself caught up in the schemes of a certain Marauder by the name of Padfoot. Between homework, Quidditch, romance, and the growing threat of You-Know-Who, Amelia soon learns that life at Hogwarts is NEVER boring!



Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Various Pairings
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 20 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 83780 Viewcount: 76180
Published on: 04/25/07 Updated On: 09/23/09





1. Chapter 1: The Transfer by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3385 words)
First, I'd like to thank my awesome beta, Star, for helping me work out all my clichés and grammar problems.
This is my first attempt at fan fiction, so please leave a review and let me know how I'm doing so far!
Also, Amelia isn't related to Lee Jordan in any way. I just picked a random last name and it stuck.

2. Chapter 2: The Sorting Ceremony by Lady Alanna [ - ] (4102 words)
Here's chapter 2!!!


3. Chapter 3: Breakfast Discussions by Lady Alanna [ - ] (1810 words)
This is kind of a boring filler chapter. It was going to be combined with the next one, but that would be way too long, so I decided to cut it.

Feel free to leave a review and tell me how its going so far!

I'd also like to add that none of the things in here are mine.


4. Chapter 4: Problems in Potions by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3596 words)
Sorry guys, I've been neglecting my fan fic lately...*hangs head in shame*
But, I'm back, and I'm going to start on the next chapter right away!!!
This chapter gave me a lot of trouble. The origional writing was all unsmooth and icky, but with the help of my awesome beta, Star, we got it all worked out!
Leave a review! I want to know what you think!

5. Chapter 5: Haylie's Rival by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3145 words)
Well, here's Chapter 5! I'm really sorry that it's so late....I wrote it last August and then ran into some troubles with betas....thanks to Star, though, I've been able to get it up and going! So, I really hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think because reviews are lovely and I enjoy hearing from you guys!
6. Chapter 6: The Tryout by Lady Alanna [ - ] (4421 words)
Ok, first of all I am SO SORRY for such a long wait! Like any other fan fiction author, I do have a list of excuses! I had horrible problems with unresponsive betas last fall, and then the whole hacker thing really set things back. But, on the bright side, I have a bunch of chapters already written so hopefully the updates will be faster from now on. Thanks so much to Kate for betaing! Also, please leave a review!
7. Chapter 7: The Solution by Lady Alanna [ - ] (2752 words)
Well everyone, here's chapter seven! I hope you all enjoy it! I'd just like to randomly add that I have a few one-shots that I'll be submitting in the near future, so be sure to check those out! For information on those, just check my author's page. I'll try and update it regularly. Thanks so much to Kathy and Kate for the great beta work!
8. Chapter 8: The Ultimate Prank by Lady Alanna [ - ] (4858 words)
Well everyone, here's chapter eight! This is by far my favorite chapter so far. Thanks so much to my friend Cathy who came up with the basic idea for the prank they play on Hollie and of course, to Kate for the great beta job!
9. Chapter 9: The Halloween Ball by Lady Alanna [ - ] (2840 words)
Here's chapter nine! I'd like to completely apologize ahead of time, these next four or five chapters are kind of clichéd... In my defense, I wrote the beginning outline for this story about a year and a half ago about a month into discovering fan fiction, so I didn't know about the whole cliché thing yet. Yet as always, I'm completely doing my best to make it original at the same time! Thanks so much to Kate, my awesome beta reader!
10. Chapter 10 by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3794 words)
Well here I am again with another chapter for you all! Thanks so much to Kate for betaing! Seriously, she's amazing. Another big thanks to everyone who's been reading and reviewing, I appreciate every review I get! So, without any further words from me, happy reading!
11. Chapter 11 by Lady Alanna [ - ] (4547 words)
Hey everyone! I'm back again with chapter eleven, overall one of my favorite chapters. Thanks so much for Kate for the amazing beta job! Happy reading!
12. Chapter 12 by Lady Alanna [ - ] (2380 words)
Sorry about the cliffhanger in the last chapter. I meant to get this one up faster so you wouldn't be on the edge for a long time, but things got a little complicated. This is just a filler chapter in which several things are settled, but the next chapter is the Ball, so there's something to look forward to. :) Thanks so much to everyone who's been reviewing, you guys are great, and thanks to Kate for her great beta services.
13. Chapter 13: Princess For a Night by Lady Alanna [ - ] (6350 words)
Hehe, I'm back with titling my chapters. I thought of this one ahead of time, so I felt compelled to use it, but that's really not important. The important thing is that here's the next chapter!! Sorry it's been a bit of a wait, I had a hard time fitting in writing time around finals and all for school, but I survived my freshmen year of high school, so that's pretty cool!! Go me! Anyways, back to fan fiction... (sorry, I'm kind of random minded at the moment.) I'm planning on spending lots of time this summer writing, and so if all goes according to the plan you guys will be getting plenty of chapters during the next few months. Thanks so much to Kate for betaing! About this chapter: The highly anticipated Halloween Ball is here!!! Yay!!!
14. Chapter 14: Truth Behind the Nicknames by Lady Alanna [ - ] (4687 words)
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been awhile for updating, it was a long wait in the queue for chapter 13. :) Here's the chapter that wraps up everything and all, which ends the first major plot line of the story. Don't worry, it's far from being over though! Thanks so much to Kate for betaing, as usual, she does an amazing job.
15. Chapter 15: Birthday Surprises by Lady Alanna [ - ] (6931 words)
Firstly, I would like to say that I AM SO SORRY for the long break between updates! You all probably know how you can get so lazy in the summer. I actually went on an amazing and life changing trip with my church to a youth conference and so everything has been crazy since I got home. I'd like to thank Kate for betaing, she does a wonderful job. I love this chapter, and I really hope that you all enjoy it as well!
16. Chapter 16: Gryffindor Vs. Ravenclaw by Lady Alanna [ - ] (6019 words)
I'm so so so so so so so so (insert the word "so" going on forever here) SORRY!! I haven't updated in almost half a year! School has been sucking all the creativity out of me and I haven't had much time to write and I humbly apologize. I haven't finished typing the next chapter yet, but I wanted to submit this before I got too far ahead of myself. You can consider it a Christmas apology gift. Thanks so much to Kiryn for betaing!!
17. Chapter 17: Double Dates and Christmas Shopping by Lady Alanna [ - ] (5912 words)
Here's chapter seventeen! It's a pretty quick update, there's no months of waiting like there was before. Thanks so much to Kiryn for being an awesome beta!
18. Chapter 18: Hollie's Revenge by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3454 words)
Well, after yet another almost half a year without posting anything, I'm back in action!! I feel horrible about not being able to post anything, but I literally didn't have any time this past winter to write. All my spare time went into speech team and classes (stupid math...), but I've been getting caught up with my typing and writing! I've got the next three or four chapters typed up and are waiting to send to my beta, so hopefully they will be showing up on here soon. Speaking of betas, thanks so much to Ashley for betaing this chapter! :)
19. Chapter 19: The Journey Home by Lady Alanna [ - ] (5515 words)
I've become quite the procrastinator on this story. I've been working on getting chapters typed ahead, so hopefully they'll come out faster. No gurantee, though. Real life just gets in the way of fan fic writing, doesn't it? Anyways, I really hope you like this chapter. I'd like to give a huge thanks to Kiryn for the awesome beta job!
20. Chapter 20 by Lady Alanna [ - ] (3282 words)
I forgot to name this chapter, oops! Anyways, I'd like to thank Kiryn for being an amazing beta! This chapter and nineteen were originally one chapter, so it's a bit shorter, but I hope you enjoy it!