Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Mirror and the Party by MissLupinMarauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry everyone for taking so long, I was really busy at school! I hope you'll like it, please review!
“Please Harry, you’ve got to help me!” said Hermione, almost crying.

“Okay, okay…but how?” asked Harry. He would do anything for Hermione now; she just looked so crushed. Well, almost anything.

“I’m going to make Ron jealous! How could he…with Lavender…anyway, Harry if you come with me to the party, he’ll be really jealous I’m sure! Please, Harry!”

“You want me to come with you?” Harry asked in disbelief.

“Yeah…”

“I can’t do that, Hermione! He’s my best mate! I can’t go to the party with the girl he loves!”

They both fell silent.

“You think he loves me?” asked Hermione in a very different tone.

“Well…yeah, I’m sure,” Harry said, a bit confused. It didn’t seem right to him to tell Hermione that. It should be Ron, but he couldn’t lie to her.

“Then why did he ask Lavender instead of me!” she almost yelled.

“Maybe for the very same reason that you asked me! Anyway, Hermione, you rejected him, what do you expect? And why do you even care about him going with Lavender?” Harry was getting annoyed. Ron and Hermione were both so stupid. But he thought about it: Ron was hurt and thought that Hermione didn’t love him, so he asked Lavender. But then again, Hermione obviously loved him, she was just scared. Maybe Harry’s interference could help… “Okay, I’ll go with you! Maybe then both you and Ron will understand how stupid you are!”

“Thanks, Harry, I knew you’d help me!” she said, pretending that she didn’t hear the last sentence. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have Ancient Runes.”

And with that she turned around and made her way to her class. Harry was staring after her. He couldn’t help thinking that he didn’t do the right thing after all - now Ron would be really mad at him. Maybe he’d take him as a traitor. And Harry couldn’t blame him. After all, he was going to the party with his best mate’s love. “Oh, gosh…” he murmured to the empty hallway. I guess we should just see what is going to happen, he thought.

That evening, after dinner, Harry was going to the common room alone. Once he reached the portrait hole, somebody pulled him inside. It was Ginny, looking very excited about something.

“Harry, guess what!” she almost yelled.

“What?” he just asked tiredly.

“Well, Hermione gave me one really nice magazine today and I found in it the perfect dress!”

“Dress? And why’d you need a dress?” Harry asked surprised. Ginny was not some kind of foppish girl who’d love every dress she had found in a magazine.

“Oh, you dolt! For the party of course! Our date, remember?” She punched him playfully on the arm.

Harry froze. He had completely forgotten that he already had a date with Ginny. And he promised Hermione to go with her, to make Ron jealous. What should I do? Think, Harry, think…

“Er…you see Ginny…I can’t go with you actually…I’m so sorry,” he said after awhile.

“What?” she asked shocked. “But why? No wait, I don’t care… just keep in mind that is not quite correct to ask a girl to go with you and then turn her down. Good night, Harry!” He could feel the hurt in her voice.

“No, wait, Ginny, it’s not what you’re thinking!” he yelled after her, very desperate. “Let me explain!”

She turned away, but still asked: “Oh and would you mind telling me who you are going with?” She asked this as if she didn’t care.

Harry was feeling really desperate now. “Hermione…but it’s not what you’re thinking!” he said.

Ginny’s face filled with shock. “Really? Have a nice time, then.” And she turned to walk into her dormitory, leaving Harry feeling completely hopeless.

He sat down and buried his face in his hands. “I’ve ruined it all,” he murmured to himself.

“What have you ruined, mate?” asked a familiar voice behind him. Harry looked to find it was Ron. Great, he thought Just who I needed.

“Uh, my date with Ginny for the party, I guess,” he murmured.

“What? But why?” asked Ron, shocked and a bit of angry. Ginny was his sister after all.

“I…I am going with another girl and she got mad at me. But it’s not what she’s thinking, I swear!” he answered.

“WHAT? You’ve dumped my sister for another girl?” Ron yelled. “And who are you going with, if I may ask?”

Harry didn’t want to tell him…he would ruin not only his possible relationship with Ginny, but also his friendship with Ron. But then he remembered it was part of Hermione’s plan to make Ron jealous. He sighed.

“Hermione…she asked me actually. And I agreed,” he said calmly, but he inside he felt sick.

Ron froze. He was just standing there and watching Harry. His face was of someone who had just betrayed by his best friend. Harry felt very uncomfortable “ he wanted to tell Ron the truth.

Finally, Ron’s voice was heard. “From now on, never talk to me again.” Then he turned and walked into the boys’ dormitory just as Ginny had before.

Harry sat there and watched his best friend. He couldn’t believe it. He had lost both his girl and his best mate in one evening just because of Hermione’s stupid game. He buried his face in his hands and remained that way all night. “I would like to fight with two or three dementors rather than that,” he murmured. Talking to himself was becoming a habit to him.

* * *

The next morning it was getting worse. Harry needed to go everywhere with Hermione alone, which was actually very boring. She only talked to him about books now. Every time that Harry saw Ginny, he tried to catch her eye, but she always looked stubbornly in the opposite direction. The case with Hermione and Ron was even worse. They looked at each other, but with so much hatred that it seemed to Harry that they were going to kill each other by staring. Now Ron was going everywhere with Lavender and was snogging her every time that he saw that Hermione was looking in their direction. Hermione, fortunately, didn’t do this with Harry, but she grabbed his hand every time that Ron was looking at them. Harry could hardly stand all this, but there were only two weeks left until the party. Then it became only one week…Thank God! On the Monday before Saturday’s party, Ginny came to talk to him.

“I just wanted to tell you something, Mr. Cheater,” she said angrily.

“Ginny…” he started, trying to explain to her.

“I found myself a boy for the party,” she interrupted. “It’s Dean Thomas. Yeah.” She smiled at Harry’s expression. “You know, I’m sure he would never cheat on me, so I choose him. Well, goodnight, Harry.” Ginny went back to her friends and left Harry completely wordless.

Only five days left, he thought. Uh, that Hermione! Well, anyway, everything that was going to happen would happen at that party.

* * *

It was Saturday. Finally. Hermione was sitting in her dormitory, wondering about what’d happen that night. She wasn’t afraid anymore, because she wanted to be with Ron, she knew it now. But too late, she thought with a sigh. Why don’t I just tell him? ...No, he’s going with Lavender, although he loves me. I’m going to make him feel sorry for it first. So, she stood up and started to prepare.

In the same time, but in the boys’ dormitory, Harry was thinking the exact same thing. Why doesn’t she just tell him…ugh, girls. Yeah, of course, why shouldn’t we make fun of Ron and leave the poor Harry without best friend and girlfriend, he thought with sarcasm. He wondered what would happen that night.

But meanwhile, not very far from them, somebody not only wondered, but was planning what’d happen that night. One dark shadow of a boy came out from the Slytherin Common Room. He was going to the seventh floor, to the Room of Requirement. Once he reached it, the boy looked around carefully and opened the door.

“Came out!” he whispered. Two men and one woman came out from the room. “Now go on, quickly and without talking,” the boy said.

“It feels nice to be here again,” said one of the men bloodthirstily.

“I said, quiet, Greyback, didn’t you hear me?” the blond boy whispered again. “Now go on quickly, they’ll be in the Great Hall. You need to get the boy once he walks out of the Hall, did you get it?”

“I got it, I got it…I’m not that stupid, Malfoy,” the man answered impatiently.

“Really? That’s news to me.” The boy smiled and walked into the darkness with the men and the woman.