Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Mirror and the Party by MissLupinMarauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Soo here's the last chapter, sorry for taking forever! I really hope you'll like the end and no matter what, pleeeease review!!!

Harry stood in the Common Room, waiting for Hermione to get ready. He looked around and sighed. How much easier it would be, if he was waiting for Ginny and next to him was Ron waiting for Hermione. But instead, Ron was in the other corner of the room, never looking at his direction and waiting for Lavender to come “ one girl that both Harry and Ron knew that Ron wouldn’t even like. But then somebody came down from the girls’ dormitory and broke Harry’s thoughts. It was the girl of his dreams. Ginny. She looked so beautiful in her dark green robe, so delicate and tender. But she didn’t walk to him “ she walked to Dean Thomas. She actually didn’t even look at his direction, just like Ron. Harry sighed again. He prayed that Hermione’s plan would work; otherwise he would be left without any chances to get that so pretty girl. He was still looking at Ginny when somebody gasped next to him “ “She’s so beautiful!”

“Yeah, she is...” murmured Harry, but then he turned around to see who they were talking about.

Hermione was standing in front of him, smiling. She was dressed in a silky violet robe and she really looked very beautiful, though not as beautiful as Ginny, in his opinion. Harry forced himself to smile at her, because Ron was watching them. The look on his face showed both deep hurt and disgust. Harry grabbed Hermione’s hand and walked out with her as quickly as he could.

“See? See what you are doing?” he told her once they were out of the Common Room. “Do you even see how hurt Ron is?”

“Harry, you promised! You will help me!” she said angrily. “I’m going to make him sorry that he is going with Lavender!”

“Oh, that again…anyway, Hermione, do you even have a plan?” Harry asked.

She smiled. “Oh, yeah, I have! Trust me, you just stay near me.”

Just as she said that, Ginny and Dean were passing them. As soon as she saw Harry, Ginny grabbed Dean’s hand. Harry sighed. How long was this going to continue?

They reached the Great Hall. Many of the girls gasped, it was really beautifully decorated. There were the usual twelve trees, but also many angels flying in the air. They took their places and Professor Dumbledore stood to talk.

“My dear students! Welcome everyone and have fun. I have to tell you something before the party starts. At the middle of the party, they’re going to be chosen Miss and Mister of the evening, so please everyone “ you can vote for anybody from the opposite sex! The couple should also dance at the end. So have fun!” He sat down and Harry looked at Hermione.

“So what now? What’s the plan?” he asked, concerned.

“Come, let’s vote!” she said and started to pull him to the ballot-box.

Harry heard a very loud laugh from behind and turned. It was Lavender. It seemed that Ron had told her something very funny.

“And who are you going to vote for, if I may ask?” Ron asked Hermione sarcastically. “That midget here?” he pointed Harry.

“Yeah, that’s right! I’m going to vote for my precious boyfriend, because he is handsome, nice and…” She stopped as she was wondering what to say.

“Yeah, what else?” Ron asked with a sneer.

Hermione smiled, walked to Ron and whispered in his ear, “And an amazing kisser.”

Ron froze and his sneering smile disappeared at once. He was just standing there and staring at the girl. Hermione smiled satisfied and turned to Harry.

“I think I’m going to get some fresh air, sweetie. We can vote later,” she said and walked out of the Hall.

Harry saw Ron’s expression and walked out quickly too. But he didn’t follow Hermione “ he was not in the mood to talk with her right now. He turned to the opposite direction and heard a familiar voice from somewhere. He walked slowly to the place that the voices were coming from and hid behind one statue. He saw then very long and pretty red hair. It was Ginny and she was talking to Dean. Harry knew that he shouldn’t listen, but he couldn’t resist it.

“…how many times I’ve got to tell you this, Dean?” she said angrily.

“How many times? What do you mean, Ginny, that you used me like a toy?”

“No, no, Dean, I didn’t! I was just angry at Harry - that’s why I asked you to come with me,” she said, desperate. “But I realized that I love him and no one else…I’m so sorry, Dean, but it won’t work between us.”

“Really? Okay, then, but don’t come to me when he dumps you!” And with that he ran away.

Harry saw how Ginny sat down on the floor and started crying. He came to her, took her in his arms and stoked her hair gently.

“Oh, Harry! I’m so sorry! I know that you’re with Hermione just because she wanted to make Ron jealous; I heard her asking you that! But I got angry and…oh, I’m so sorry!” she cried.

“It’s okay, dear, don’t cry.” He kissed her, but they broke apart, because they heard Hermione’s sudden scream.

“RON!”

They looked at each other, horrified, and started running at the direction that the scream had come from. Once they reached the place, Harry and Ginny saw the most horrible thing that they could imagine. Ron was lying on the floor; Greyback leaned over him, ready to bite him.

“NO!” screamed Hermione again. “Please don’t hurt him!”

Greyback stood up and looked at her.

“And why am I not supposed to, girl?” he asked with sarcasm.

“Because…” she started, but then bit her lip.

“Because she loves him!” said Ginny, her eyes flicking with anger.

“Oh, really?” The werewolf laughed. “And why exactly should I care?”

They all fell into silence for a few moments, but then suddenly Harry spoke.

“Because,” he said with a deep decisiveness, “love is the most powerful strength. And we can defeat you. Together.”

“Oh, so touching!” Greyback laughed again. “But I’m afraid that’s not actually true. There are other Death Eaters here. And we have an order to get that Weasley boy “ no matter whether you like it or not.”

“But why?” asked Hermione, crying. “Why him?”

“Oh, the Dark Lord thinks that it’ll be good to have him on our side.” He smiled.

“That…that’ll never happen,” Ron said as he was trying to stand. “I’ll never join the Dark Side.”

“Oh?” Greyback grinned. “We are going to see about that, boy.”

Then suddenly they heard a loud crash from downstairs. All of the kids turned, alarmed. Very soon a blond boy came in the corridor. Harry looked at him with hatred.

“Malfoy,” he said.

“Long time, no see, Potter,” smirked Malfoy. Then he turned to Greyback.

“The others are downstairs; they are fighting with that stupid Order.”

Greyback grinned and said, “What do you think, Malfoy? If I catch that Mudblood girl, will the Weasley boy join us?”

Harry shuddered. The blond boy, however, smirked again and said, “I would give it a try.”

“Don’t you dare!” yelled Ron. “I won’t let you harm her.”

“Ooh, so you love her too!” The werewolf clapped his hands together. “How touching, really.”

Before any of them could say a word, there was another crash and five people came in the corridor. Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Alastor Moody and Albus Dumbledore himself raised their wands at the Death Eaters. As the others were fighting, Remus came to them.

“Are you all right?” he asked in concern. Harry nodded.

“Then go on, quickly, run and meet us at the Great Hall,” he ordered. “We’ll manage it.”

They didn’t need to be told twice. The four of them were running, and no one said a word until they reached the Great Hall. Harry and Ginny went in, but Ron grabbed Hermione’s wrist and she turned to face him.

“Is it true?” he asked. “What Ginny said back there…that you love me?”

She looked for a very long moment in his eyes then smiled and whispered, “Ginny’s always right, isn’t she?”

He leaned back to kiss her, but just then, Harry came from the Great Hall. “Come now, you two. The couple of the evening is going to be chosen.”

Ron grabbed Hermione’s hand and they walked in, just when Dumbledore stood up.

“So now, ladies and gentlemen, I will announce who are the Miss and the Mister of the party,” he said, smiling. “I’m sure that all of you are expecting this moment with excitement.” He paused for a moment and looked at everyone in the Great Hall. “I am afraid that I’m going to disappoint the ladies and gentlemen from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but this year both of our winners are from Gryffindor. Miss Granger and Mister Weasley please come here to dance!”

Ron and Hermione looked at each other with both surprise and excitement. Ron took Hermione’s hand again and they walked in front of all, and started dancing slowly. Harry smiled and looked at Dumbledore. He could swear that the Headmaster winked at him.

“Who did you vote for, after all?” Ron whispered in Hermione’s ear.

“You,” she whispered back and smiled.

“Me too.” She looked at him with question in her eyes. “I voted for you.” He took her in his arms and kissed her gently on the lips.

But this time she didn’t break away and returned his kiss. Because she knew that here is where she belonged. In Ron Weasley’s arms, dancing under the moonlight.